OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

i was wondering if this set for Mienshao can be used in OU

Mienshao
@wide lens
nature:jolly
ability:reckless

moves:bounce
hi jump kick
stone edge
swords dance

this set has worked well for me in UU and i need an experts opinion if it would be good to use in OU.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I wouldn't really recommend it because it doesn't allow Mienshao to beat its normal counters. I have used Mienshao a lot in OU, and honestly, it has a lack of bulk that prevents it from setting up. Also, 105 base speed is just short of the 108 Speed tier, allowing it to be beat easily by the musketeers. The best set is probably the LO set with Regenerator and Hidden Power Ice because it bypasses Landorus T and Gliscor, and shrugs off passive damage easily.

I wouldn't really recommend it because it doesn't allow Mienshao to beat its normal counters. I have used Mienshao a lot in OU, and honestly, it has a lack of bulk that prevents it from setting up. Also, 105 base speed is just short of the 108 Speed tier, allowing it to be beat easily by the musketeers. The best set is probably the LO set with Regenerator and Hidden Power Ice because it bypasses Landorus T and Gliscor, and shrugs off passive damage easily.

oh ok thanks

So using pokegen isnt cheationg when the pokemon has or legit moves/stat/abilities???
Yes.

However, you should inform any opponent that you are using hacked Pokemon, and be warned that most tournaments, including Official Nintendo formats do not allow hacked Pokemon, no matter how legal they might be.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
So its probably better to iv/ev train ur pokemon homemade?
If you are planning to play in tournaments yes, but if you are just casually playing on Wi-Fi then PokeGen is prefectly fine (however i am pretty sure there are ways to let a hacked pokeon get past the security checks).

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
If you are planning to play in tournaments yes, but if you are just casually playing on Wi-Fi then PokeGen is prefectly fine (however i am pretty sure there are ways to let a hacked pokeon get past the security checks).
which ways are they??? because i do not want to breed for perfect iv's and ev train, its to time consuming??

You shouldn't even try and people here won't help you exploiting security loopholes. Editing Pokemon is barely tolerable for the private Smogon ladder and only when your opponent is okay with them. Official tournaments are off limits.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
which ways are they??? because i do not want to breed for perfect iv's and ev train, its to time consuming??
Since i never really played a pokemon game after Gen 2 on anything but a simulator i don't really know much about hacking in Pokemon, if you don't want to IV breed you should learn to abuse the PRNG in the game click here for info and if you don't want to EV train and lvl up to 100 you can simply hack for rare candys and EV items like Protein and the feathers.

If you want info on how to hack in pokemon your best bet is propably google wich will likely give you a million tutorials that show you how to cheat, but it is not allowed to ask about things like this in this forum.

Hey guys, I just fought a dedicated assist team with Prankster Lagging Tail Liepard using Shadow Force on Showdown. It seemingly had +1 priority on the charging turn and negative priority (-1, I suppose) on the attacking turn. Therefore, it cannot be hit by attacks other than faster priority, phazing moves, or counter, I guess. I've identified the following methods of beating that thing: packing faster priority, packing a normal type (however, he would use both gothitelle and gothorita @ flame orb to take care of those), toxic spikes + bulky phaser, packing something with a solid recovery move, having a team which can survive 32 Shadow Forces and packing something with Counter. That being said, it definitely sucked playing against this guy with a regular offensive team. Are there any other ways of beating that kind of strategy?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Ugh, Shadow Force does not have negative priority. Also, the opponent just needs a Normal-type Pokemon to ruin that strategy.

Yeah, but lagging tail apparently made him move last on the attacking turn while he clearly had +1 priority on the charging turn.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Liepard uses Assist first because of Prankster while the opponent tries to attack (and can' hit it). The second turn the opponent goes first because of Lagging Tail (can't touch Liepard) and the attack hits. Imo this is a really bad strategy (similar to full V-Create teams) that can be easily stopped by the likes of Blissey. (even togepi can stop the team cold).

I know, but still you need to pack a normal type (or the other niche stuff i named) to win, otherwise you flat out lose. And quite frankly, how often do you see normal types on the OU ladder?

It's not just normal types. Steel types stop it cold too. Sandstorm and hail wear it down. Ferrothorn in particular is a good counter because it has iron barbs, and takes almost no damage. Skarmory is in the same boat, minus the barbs, but it can phaze liepard out. And scizor resists shadow force and has priority. So really, you should be fine if you have a steel or normal type, can set up hazards, have any priority, or can predict.

Eh, Scizor is outsped and won't hit it because Liepard is faster and has a priority Assist as well. And yeah Skarmory or Ferrothorn stop it, but you don't always have those on your team. And it should also be possible to beat that thing with purely offensive teams.

it didn't though, I think prankster gave Assist +1 priority (Venusaur in the sun was outsped) and LaggingTail made his attack hit last. That's how it seemed to work on showdown.

Assist is given +1 priority, which is the same as bullet punch/mach punch/whatever, but since liepard is slower it will still use shadow force after the priority move. Venusaur was outsped because it didn't have priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)