OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Can Ferro learn both stealth rock and leech seed? The analysis page didn't mention it (or else I fail at reading) but for some reason I remember a time when that combination was illegal. I'm thinking of giving it Spikes / SR / Leech Seed / Gyro or Power Whip.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can Ferro learn both stealth rock and leech seed? The analysis page didn't mention it (or else I fail at reading) but for some reason I remember a time when that combination was illegal. I'm thinking of giving it Spikes / SR / Leech Seed / Gyro or Power Whip.
I believe in BW1 it couldn't have SR+Spikes+Leech Seed because of breeding restrictions, but then a move tutor was in BW2 that had Stealth Rock, which means it can learn all three.

What happened to Bulk Up Breloom? I remember it was the no.1 set towards the end of BW1 and now it doesn't even have an analysis anymore. I haven't had the chance to try it in BW2 since I'm not at home these days, but I can't imagine it being that awful that it's not viable anymore at all.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
BU Posion Heal Breloom was great to stop VoltTurn chains composed by Scarf Rotom-W + Band Scizor, iirc. That kind of chains is largely obsolete nowadays, Rotom-W is less popular than the Tornadus-T era, and the omnipresent Celebi can turn Breloom into a liability (walls it easily and can Psychic / NP and pass away). Also, the sheer power brought by things like Keldeo in Rain, Sheer Force Lando-I and Thundurus-T make Breloom not that able to survive attacks anymore and heal itself with Drain Punch, or at least much less than the BW1 metagame.

For the following Gliscor, is Roost or Protect better? If it is situational, then in which situations is each best? Also, is Ice Fang actually better than Facade? Facade always has better accuracy and only does less damage when the Pokemon is 4x weak to Ice. Since only six Pokemon are 4x weak to Ice (I think) and more than twice that are immune to Earthquake, it seems like Facade is the better option.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / Spe
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Facade / Ice Fang
- Roost / Protect

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Roost is fine on that set, since you aren't using sub-toxic stall gliscor. I would go with Ice fang, simply because the 4x Ice weak pokemon you mentioned are significant threats that gliscor can deal with relatively well. Facade doesn't really hit anything you care about hitting very hard.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Warstories go in their respective tier sections. Good warstories go to the archive at moderator discretion.

any good replacments for lucario?

So for a while my lucario has been failing me in speed. I'm in need of a faster fighting type. My party consists of cloyser salamence roserade lucario gliscor and chandelure. I would reall ylike to not repeat any typings and not use a legendary. Any suggestions?

@ altodo, you're going to definitely need something with a resistance to Ice, as half your team is weak to that type. If you're not specifically going for a Fighting type, I would suggest Scizor. It would fit in well offensively along with your Gliscor and Chandelure, as it has both a good fighting move in Superpower, and powerful priority in Technician Bullet Punch, regardless of whether you decide to place a Choice Band on it or no.

It may not be the fastest Pokémon out there, but I've always been able to work around its mediocre speed by giving it a Jolly Nature + Swords Dance for those slower Pokémon that its defensive abilities shut down, and then resorting to Bullet Punch when something faster comes along.

It can also work in tandem with Cloyster, as it gets a good priority move of its own in Ice Shard, which hits a lot of offensive threats hard, and destroys others if it's needed after a Shell Smash. I've been running a set with Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, and Shell Smash (along with King's Rock for maximum trolling) and the set works wonders, regardless of the item.

-----

@ HippowHurr, I've always found Thundurus-T to work well as a Ferrothorn counter. It heals HP from its Thunder Wave, resists both of its STABs, and 2HKO's it with Focus Blast, not counting misses. Either way you look at it, Thundurus-T completely shuts the thing down.

I've also found that Scizor can kill it, but Ferro's Thunder Wave can still cripple the bug at the wrong moment. That being said, I've run a Swords Dance with Superpower, and should the Ferrothorn stay in, you're looking at giving it a world of hurt with that move. If in the rare event you fail to kill it in a single shot (which you almost certainly will at +2), then he has other good moves at his disposal, like Bug Bite (which is very common on most Scizor sets), or even Acrobatics (which I personally run, along with a Flying Gem. However, it's not common, and not even considered standard, and perhaps even gimmicky, considering that it takes a bit of prediction skills to pull a surprise KO off successfully.)

There are other good counters out there, but those two in particular are the two that I most commonly use. Hope that helps!

Altodo terrakion really might be the best option...failing that, I'd try breloom, which has powerful priority to make up for speed, or mienshao, which serves as a great hit-and-run mon.

HippowHurr if you really want to kill ferro you can try specs magnezone with HP fire. Maybe also try poison heal breloom, that kills it as well and has little to fear switching in.

Building on what Kidogo said to HippowHurr, Breloom is essentially immune to adverse status effects to due its Poison Heal, so long as it has its Toxic Orb to depend on. It heals a considerable amount of HP, and has good priority should you choose to go with that.

Most sets you'll probably read about on these forums for Breloom will completely shut down the thing and kill it, with the exception of the Technician sets, which have to watch out for Thunder Wave. Otherwise, it still resists both of Ferro's STABs, and in most situations can even set up on its face before taking it down.

However, there are few ways of completely taking it out of commission before it manages to get rocks up, unless you run a particularly strong set that involves HP Fire or something (which you usually won't want to run in the rain).

If you want to find a counter badly enough and you are running a weather other than rain, Fire in general is definitely the way to go. One good shot usually takes it down in a single hit, especially in the sun, if you manage to get it set up before it shows up on the other side of the field.

I really want to know how I can delete my poll in my Suicide Cup thread I don't know if it is strictly legal to ask about this in particular but I will really appreciate any help.

I have been researching on this and I found out that only higher ranked users can do it... Is there another way to delete my poll?

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are there any Pokemon that can learn both ExtremeSpeed and Endeavor? If so, which one learns both earliest?
I'm pretty sure Smeargle is the only one that can learn both of those moves. The earliest it can learn both of these moves is at level 11, since Smeargle learns Sketch at level 1 and level 11.

I really want to know how I can delete my poll in my Suicide Cup thread I don't know if it is strictly legal to ask about this in particular but I will really appreciate any help.

I have been researching on this and I found out that only higher ranked users can do it... Is there another way to delete my poll?
Sadly no. You need to be a Moderator. Just PM a fellow Mod and ask them if they can remove the thread for you.

I'm pretty sure Smeargle is the only one that can learn both of those moves. The earliest it can learn both of these moves is at level 11, since Smeargle learns Sketch at level 1 and level 11.
Actually it can learn it at level one using the move re-learner. Togekiss can also learn the combination although at a higher lever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)