OU CCAT - Round 7 - Revision

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
What's with all the first-post alts, who also just happen to have joined today?

A bit suspicious if you ask me.
You're right. Plus there is an uneven representation of SubRoost Kyurem votes among the low post count accounts. 7 votes for it by accounts with less than 10 posts. Just an observation not making any accusations.

Scotti

we back.
You're right. Plus there is an uneven representation of SubRoost Kyurem votes among the low post count accounts. 7 votes for it by accounts with less than 10 posts. Just an observation not making any accusations.
Lol i noticed also its kinda wierd how they all joined today also. I just hope nothing bad starts up.

Speed Boost Sharpedo
Reflect Type Latias
Passho Offensive QD Volcarona
(Really struggled to decide between about 4 for this last slot)

~Scarlequin The Immortal Almighty God, cower before my might, pathetic worthless mortal slave whore mother****ers noob a** bit** scrubs

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
SubRoost Kyurem
Choice Scarf Staraptor
Rain Dance Kingdra

Also, whats with all theese Volcarona votes? That poke can be put in 7/10 teams regardless of build or anything seriously..
Fitting into a team and functioning well at higher levels of play are two different things. Especially if we make a more balanced team (which CCAT seems to gravitate towards), there are a huge amount of /different/ ways to support volc and to fully utilize the support that volc itself can provide that it can make for a rather interesting team

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
The "winners" aren't even decided from who gets the most picked anyway, are they?

I don't understand the point of multivoting...

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah it is, the order doesn't matter (I don't think). The votes are tallied and counted and whichever has the most is the one that gets picked. Multivoting works like this:

Let's say there are 5 possible Pokémon to choose from: Pokémon A, B, C, D, and E.

You like Pokémon A the most, B is good too, and C is ok, but you HATE Pokémon D and E. However, the only Pokémon that are really getting support are Pokémon B and E, which means that if you vote for Pokémon A (your favorite), you're essentially throwing away your vote since you don't think it will win anyway. However, if you can vote for multiple Pokémon in an "I would be ok with any of these" kind of way, then it gives you a chance to both vote for the one you like most, as well as the one you think is most likely to win. This way, if a lot of people have different "first choices" but almost everyone has the same "second choice," then that second choice should be the one picked since the majority of people like it, even if it isn't their favorite.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Yeah it is, the order doesn't matter (I don't think). The votes are tallied and counted and whichever has the most is the one that gets picked. Multivoting works like this:

Let's say there are 5 possible Pokémon to choose from: Pokémon A, B, C, D, and E.

You like Pokémon A the most, B is good too, and C is ok, but you HATE Pokémon D and E. However, the only Pokémon that are really getting support are Pokémon B and E, which means that if you vote for Pokémon A (your favorite), you're essentially throwing away your vote since you don't think it will win anyway. However, if you can vote for multiple Pokémon in an "I would be ok with any of these" kind of way, then it gives you a chance to both vote for the one you like most, as well as the one you think is most likely to win. This way, if a lot of people have different "first choices" but almost everyone has the same "second choice," then that second choice should be the one picked since the majority of people like it, even if it isn't their favorite.
Oh, no. I ment the winning users that battle at the end. Then I realized that, once again, this isn't Counter That Pokemon :p

Scotti

we back.
lol MikeDawg. Anyway, i was going to vote for myself, but that seems you know. Now i kinda get it, so the order doesn't matter, so all 3 vote count for the pokemons you voted for. Anyway if have a certain post/join date thing, just make sure i can still vote =).

I have figured out the best way to spend my 1K post:

I am investigating into the issue people. But continue (legitimate) voting.
Maybe you shouldnt make such hasty assumptions!
For real though, if it isn't the same person atleast it's a serious case of bandwagoning and should be disregarded

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
hello, to clarify

we are a group of friends who all play pokemon and yes, we know each other
BUT its everyones individual account and most of us were just lurking before, but we all decided to vote on this project
i don't exactly know what rule we broke, if any? if you think it's one person duplicating, we were all online at the same time once with different IP addresses, so you can check that if you want

if the project leader has any problems with this, then go ahead and don't count the votes, but i don't really see the problem here (on page 2 i even asked if there's vote restrictions like post count before i told the other people)

sorry for any confusion
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh..... Bullshit.

Ok, well I'd just like to say that just because certain people voted for their first posts here doesn't make it wrong.
For instance, one of my first posts when I transitioned from a lurker was in fact a vote on the Counter that pokemon.

Either way, I hope that SubRoost Kyurem isn't disqualified or anything. It's a nice submission and is quite underused in the current meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)