STABmons Doubles [Water Spout and Eruption now banned]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree slightly.

Explosion in Doubles hates Protect/Wide Guard more than it hates Ghosts imo, on top of that Scrappy is not heavily distributed and can soon become very predictable; the bane of Explosion in both singles and doubles is it's predictability, which STABmons now mitigates a bit by giving all normal-types Explosion on top of all the mons that already had it. I also think the Scrappy mons are outclassed by other mons.

What could be more useful is Imprison Metagross, which can shut down Protect and allow Metagross to blow up safely. And all those Wide Guard using Rock-types don't take Meteor Mash well either.

What could be more useful is Imprison Metagross, which can shut down Protect and allow Metagross to blow up safely. And all those Wide Guard using Rock-types don't take Meteor Mash well either.
I dunno, with all the spread moves going around, the metagame is really fast paced. I doubt Metagross, even with its bulk, would have the time for Imprison (tried Imprison Cresselia earlier on, got trashed).

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Alright, the banning thread is pretty much dead, so the final results (for now) are:
1) Prankster + Spore/Sleep Powder will be banned
2) Nothing in the subject of Drizzle will be banned; Drizzle + Swift Swim, Water Spout, and Eruption are all legal.

Anyways, let's move on, let the meta grow and stabilize (maybe get a bigger playerbase), and then we can look into the Drizzle issue a bit more. Note that you can always play with these moves/abilities banned if you want to, they just will not officially be banned for the moment.

Oiawesome and I played 4 matches today, I have saved 3 (saving the replay is obv the winner's responsibility) of them (I lost the third one, got pretty annoyed over Oiawesome running Macho Brace Heatran that match specifically to outspeed under Trick Room x_x; we then got into a heated discussion of Macho Brace's viability):

Game 1
Game 2

I personally would class most uses of Macho Brace as very ineffective, the only thing they pay off against is opposing Trick Room (which imo sorta counts as counterteaming me x_x). We settled our argument with a match that wasn't TR vs TR (the best way to settle fights is to fight; remember that):

Game 4

Macho Brace proved itself very ineffective, but I played terribly turn 6 (trying to decide if I'm just not trying hard enough, if I suck now, or if the meta is just stupidly easy for nubs beginners to play), letting Oi get away with the poor item choice. After some misfortune in 2 Muddy Water misses, it came down to a double Protect, and good fortune gave me my 3rd win of the "set" (who knows, maybe I would have lived a Zen Headbutt, lol).

Hoping we can get some more organized play going, maybe an official format on a server or something, cuz that would be nice (it'd also allow Sleep Clause to actually exist, whenever I'm using my Cradily in Trick Room I am just dying to Spore everything, lol).

Speaking of Cradily, it is a great support 'mon. The set I use is Giga Drain / Sunny Day / Spore / Wide Guard (if that set can't handle Rain with solid play, Rain is certainly OP). I'm not giving away my top-level EV spread just yet though. :p
Spare me the greif, o god of dubs. .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)