Other ORAS OU Viability Ranking Thread - Check post #2359

Status
Not open for further replies.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Altaria has a crappy speed. Worse than Charizard's.
With an adamant nature, you still hit more than Weavile at +1. M-Altaria can't outspeed M-Lopunny, M-Sceptile and M-Beedrill, but neither does Zard X as he never runs 252 speed EVs
Zard x still can use dd and it has a terrifying attack and speed after that.
Indeed, but so does M-Altaria
M-Metagross does nothing against Zard-X.
252 Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 216-256 (64.8 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
M-Altaria has a harder time killing it, but at +1 M-Metagross is no problem for M-Altaria
M-Sableye has the shittiest speed I've ever seen? Where did you get that the meta is becoming fast attackers? Is slowbro suddenly fastbro?
Just because 1 new mega is very slow, doesn't mean the meta is getting slower lol. Sableye is a slow mega, but we got like 10 fast mega's (M-Lopunny, M-Sceptile, M-Beedrill, M-Metagross, M-Diancie) and Greninja which is very fast too is more common than ever.
I cannot believe how biased you have your Altaria there.
I cannot believe how biased you have your Charizard there.

Obviously you are ignorant and/or a troll like i was.

Hint no 1: Altaria can DDance too and can run bulky sets. Surprise.

Mega Metagross can also pack EQ, and it can probably easily OHKO Zard X with rocks.

Now, the final part is what got to me that you are ignorant or trollish. Gamefreak wanted to spice up the meta by bringing bulky and fast mons. The slow mons are mostly seen on stall/bulky offense, while the faster ones are usually on Balance/HO teams. they wont just introduce a shitload of fast sweepers.
1. Zard X also has D.D!! :v4:

2. EQ doesn't OHKO Zard X. Why would Metagross use rock-type attacks.

SketchUp

1. Zard X also has D.D!! :v4:

2. EQ doesn't OHKO Zard X. Why would Metagross use rock-type attacks.
With rocks he meant Stealth Rocks, no Rock-type attack. Charizard-X with max speed max attack gets OHKO'd after Stealth Rocks by M-Metagross and the slightly more bulky 144 HP only survives 80% of the time

With an adamant nature, you still hit more than Weavile at +1. M-Altaria can't outspeed M-Lopunny, M-Sceptile and M-Beedrill, but neither does Zard X as he never runs 252 speed EVs

Indeed, but so does M-Altaria

252 Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 216-256 (64.8 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
M-Altaria has a harder time killing it, but at +1 M-Metagross is no problem for M-Altaria

Just because 1 new mega is very slow, doesn't mean the meta is getting slower lol. Sableye is a slow mega, but we got like 10 fast mega's (M-Lopunny, M-Sceptile, M-Beedrill, M-Metagross, M-Diancie) and Greninja which is very fast too is more common than ever.

I cannot believe how biased you have your Charizard there.
1. I myself run Zard X at 252 speed EVs.

2. Altaria doesn't even compare after 1 D.D to Charizard X after 1 D.D

3.It doesn't OHKO it.

4. It's actually worthy.

With rocks he meant Stealth Rocks, no Rock-type attack. Charizard-X with max speed max attack gets OHKO'd after Stealth Rocks by M-Metagross and the slightly more bulky 144 HP only survives 80% of the time
"only survives 80% of the time"

wow like that's worthy of saying 'only'

SketchUp

1. I myself run Zard X at 252 speed EVs.
That's possible. But the only thing a 252 Zard-X outspeeds that a 252 Altaria doesn't at +1 are the 135+ speed mega's like M-Lopunny and M-Beedrill
2. Altaria doesn't even compare after 1 D.D to Charizard X after 1 D.D
The difference isn't that big: if they use the same base power moves, charizard will do around 10-15% more. The difference is noticable, but saying 'it doesn't compare' is bs
"only survives 80% of the time"

wow like that's worthy of saying 'only'
Yeah, 80% at full health. After just some prior damage (earlier stealth rock damage, chip damage from volt switch and such) it will be OHKO'd

A- ---->B=Although t-tar mega was decent,everything just beats now and setting up is really difficult.Keldeo getting adapated to the meta with scarf,greninja getting low kick along with the addition of a bunch of megas that t-ar loses like mega eye,mega altaria,m-gross,m-loppuny and m-gallade is just so annoying for the beast.Although i'm not sure about dropping the normal tar,this guy should definitely drop at the very least to B.I'd like to say even lower but B seems to be the time for it.

B- --->B/B+=With it's mighty strong crunch and enough bulk to survive a priorty not named CB brave bird,it's easy to late game clean with this guy.Should definitely rise.It's also extremely easy to use.

Altaria has a crappy speed. Worse than Charizard's.

Zard x still can use dd and it has a terrifying attack and speed after that.

M-Metagross does nothing against Zard-X.

M-Sableye has the shittiest speed I've ever seen? Where did you get that the meta is becoming fast attackers? Is slowbro suddenly fastbro?
252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 238-280 (80.1 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Does nothing.

No-one's disputing that Zard X is a bad Dragon Dancer. If they were they would definitely not be nominating it to be A+. A+ is still an amazing rank full of incredible 'mon like Lando-T, Mega Voir/Lade, Thundurus, Latias, Bisharp, Clefable, Azumarill etc. All of which are very good Pokémon often considered as a first or second choice on a team because of how great and versatile they are. All that's being said is due to how many things now counter/check Dragon Dance (e.g. Mega Altaria, Mega Slowbro) or outclass WoW (Mega Sableye), it's just not quite as effective as it used to be.

Altaria might have bad speed but after a Dragon Dance it really isn't that bad. iirc the most common sets get enough speed after a Dragon Dance to outspeed at least Greninja which is really enough (correct me if I'm wrong on this guys). So 'bad speed' just is not a good argument in the case of a sweeper/cleaner, which is all Altaria would want speed for.

No-one was saying Slowbro and Sableye were fast? They were talking about Metagross, Gallade, Latias etc. whose speed tier is greater than that of Charizard's.

What I'm saying is that M-Altaria is like God to you guys. It has 4 weaknesses, Meh offensive capabilities. Its defensive capabilities aren't that good either. If they were like Slowbro's stats then you'd be right.
It doesn't need a defence stat as ridiculously huge as Slowbro's to be defensive - it's defensive stats are good enough to say the least, it's movepool is fantastic and it's defensive typing is very unique and probably one of the best for a defensive 'mon - you're REALLY underestimating it by listing it's 'common poison and steel weakness'. Might as well say Slowbro's a horrible defensive Pokémon because Dark is a common offensive type.

Look, honestly, I'd lurk a lot more before you start posting here. You've got a lot of very badly constructed and poorly supported opinions, most of which are just false or irrelevant and in general this is adding nothing to the conversation. You seem to have the opinion that a Post Count and Join Date should justify if someone's opinion is better than another's. Alright, if you wanna go there, I joined almost a fortnight before you and I have about... 1,400 posts at the time of writing this. I probably need to get a life. But I digress, even I don't post here that much unless I just see something blatantly wrong or I'm bringing up something very obvious that for some reason hasn't been discussed yet (i.e. Medicham moving down), simply because I know I really don't have enough experience to effectively add much to a big debate. I'm not touching Altaria vs Charizard and Charizard S vs A+ with a ten metre stick simply because it's way too complex a debate for me to get into at my skill level. From what I've seen, your posts really show you need to lurk more before you can make an effective comment.

That's possible. But the only thing a 252 Zard-X outspeeds that a 252 Altaria doesn't at +1 are the 135+ speed mega's like M-Lopunny and M-Beedrill

The difference isn't that big: if they use the same base power moves, charizard will do around 10-15% more. The difference is noticable, but saying 'it doesn't compare' is bs
Well, Jolly 252 Speed EVs does prevent Landorus-T from revenging, especially after Rocks or some chip damage, and outspeeds all the fast new Megas. It's more than viable than the bulkier DD sets at this point imo.

DaVolterbomb

Banned deucer.
Kurona hes obviously an old troll account. cant you figure that out?

Anyways id like to talk about Mega Gardevoir. Did she get better, worse, or still the same?
I heard she was amazing vs Stall but MAltaria gives it some competition. What do you think?

'Cause you're not. Very manly to seek help from others indeed.
:(

252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 238-280 (80.1 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Does nothing.

No-one's disputing that Zard X is a bad Dragon Dancer. If they were they would definitely not be nominating it to be A+. A+ is still an amazing rank full of incredible 'mon like Lando-T, Mega Voir/Lade, Thundurus, Latias, Bisharp, Clefable, Azumarill etc. All of which are very good Pokémon often considered as a first or second choice on a team because of how great and versatile they are. All that's being said is due to how many things now counter/check Dragon Dance (e.g. Mega Altaria, Mega Slowbro) or outclass WoW (Mega Sableye), it's just not quite as effective as it used to be.

Altaria might have bad speed but after a Dragon Dance it really isn't that bad. iirc the most common sets get enough speed after a Dragon Dance to outspeed at least Greninja which is really enough (correct me if I'm wrong on this guys). So 'bad speed' just is not a good argument in the case of a sweeper/cleaner, which is all Altaria would want speed for.

No-one was saying Slowbro and Sableye were fast? They were talking about Metagross, Gallade, Latias etc. whose speed tier is greater than that of Charizard's.

It doesn't need a defence stat as ridiculously huge as Slowbro's to be defensive - it's defensive stats are good enough to say the least, it's movepool is fantastic and it's defensive typing is very unique and probably one of the best for a defensive 'mon - you're REALLY underestimating it by listing it's 'common poison and steel weakness'. Might as well say Slowbro's a horrible defensive Pokémon because Dark is a common offensive type.

Look, honestly, I'd lurk a lot more before you start posting here. You've got a lot of very badly constructed and poorly supported opinions, most of which are just false or irrelevant and in general this is adding nothing to the conversation. You seem to have the opinion that a Post Count and Join Date should justify if someone's opinion is better than another's. Alright, if you wanna go there, I joined almost a fortnight before you and I have about... 1,400 posts at the time of writing this. I probably need to get a life. But I digress, even I don't post here that much unless I just see something blatantly wrong or I'm bringing up something very obvious that for some reason hasn't been discussed yet (i.e. Medicham moving down), simply because I know I really don't have enough experience to effectively add much to a big debate. I'm not touching Altaria vs Charizard and Charizard S vs A+ with a ten metre stick simply because it's way too complex a debate for me to get into at my skill level. From what I've seen, your posts really show you need to lurk more before you can make an effective comment.
Also, dude, if Altaria was so freaking good. If it truly outclassed Zard X then why the heck isn't it in the S rank? Or atleast in A+. It doesn't outclass it. That's because overall Zard X is better.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is exactly what I was talking about with the Char X fanboys ~_~

dbzeenx none of your arguments have made any sense and are probably some of the most biased things I have ever had the displeasure to read. Please stop posting about this topic. You're spamming the thread with numerous double/triple/whatever posts that don't make any convincing arguments and it's annoying as fuck to find the post that actually contribute to the thread. I fucking hate minimodding and leave that to others but dear lord this needs to stop. Go lurk more stop fucking posting and come back when you can make an argument that doesn't scream 'omg char x is my favorite mon pls s+ rank Altaria sux lololol'.

Also, dude, if Altaria was so freaking good. If it truly outclassed Zard X then why the heck isn't it in the S rank? Or atleast in A+. It doesn't outclass it. That's because overall Zard X is better.
Not every Pokemon in A+ has the exact same viability... even if Char X is the better Pokemon it can still be in the same rank as Altaria.

Because the current ranks were big, preliminary guesses that do not reflect the current Meta at all. I mean hell you've got Mega Sableye at A-, what's that about? A lot of people have been voting for Mega Altaria to go to A+, and I have to agree with that myself. You may as well ask why Mega Medicham is currently in the A ranks when it's so ridiculously outclassed by Mega Gallade now that it should go to the B rankings.

SketchUp

Well, Jolly 252 Speed EVs does prevent Landorus-T from revenging, especially after Rocks or some chip damage, and outspeeds all the fast new Megas. It's more than viable than the bulkier DD sets at this point imo.
Yeah, you're definitely right about that, forgot about the Lando-T part. With Jolly, you won't be hitting harder than Altaria though and the things that you outspeed (Scarf Lando-T, M-Sceptile, M-Lopunny) won't hit M-Altaria very hard (except for M-Beedrill)

dear god what is going on

can someone make a non-zard and altaria nomination so we can get off the subject please

Okay so as to not make this a shitpost I'm gonna go ahead and nominate Clefable for A. It lost a massive niche in being a catch-all against Greninja for balance, and is less reliable as a wincon thanks to Mega Metagross being one of the most prevalent and best Pokemon in the tier. Granted, Beating Mega Sableye is nice, and Unaware sets are ok but thanks to Gren's Gunk Shot I find myself rarely throwing this on teams like I used to.

Kurona hes obviously an old troll account. cant you figure that out?

Anyways id like to talk about Mega Gardevoir. Did she get better, worse, or still the same?
I heard she was amazing vs Stall but MAltaria gives it some competition. What do you think?
Quoting this from the Gardevoir thread:
Generally, I believe Mega Gardevoir is still as great as ever, since its Pixilate Hyper Voice remains one of the best nukes in OU available and it's gained a slew of new Pokémon to check: special Mega Altaria, Mega Gallade, unboosted/+1 Mega Slowbro and, most notably, Mega Sableye and Mega Latias. The mere presence of Mega Gardevoir is frightening, as it can Taunt any Pokémon bar Mega Sabes and even set up with Calm Mind. It's solid as ever.
To add up to that: yes, it does face competition from Mega Altaria for the slot, but they function pretty differently and each has its advantages over the other, such as Mega Altaria having more balanced bulk, but Mega Gardevoir more initial Speed and a lot more immediate power and the ability to make Stall its bitch, even now in ORAS where it got more things to beat. I still believe Mega Gardevoir is A+ material. Some time ago, alexwolf made a pretty good post about it, so I recommend reading that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)