Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weee, I'm back after being crazy after a couple of days. If you're truly worried about hacks getting picked, don't use them and work legitly. That's as far as I think I can say about hacks. In three days is both Dallas and London, so that's double treat. I've been thinking, and Philadelphia may not be as crowded as Expert Evan and me thought (about 1000). It might be 500, seeing that the other sites had about 11 to 12 people from Smogon each, and the finished qualifiers had around 200-300 people.

Hey put me on that list for Philly, can't wait untill then. I agree with Mosquitox becuase alot of people seem to have their friends register and then thats a waste of space. Has anyone seen that happen, they let their friend register and they both get in what happens with that open spot if the friend can't battle?

Hey put me on that list for Philly, can't wait untill then. I agree with Mosquitox becuase alot of people seem to have their friends register and then thats a waste of space. Has anyone seen that happen, they let their friend register and they both get in what happens with that open spot if the friend can't battle?
The friend can battle. If he gets registered, that means that the officials see that his info sheet is filled and can battle. Of course, the info sheet is for the "real" judges (not the people who check the sheets) to see if the player is using what is on their sheet. So people can get in with Bidoof w/ Dark Void on their sheet, but if the real team isn't on the sheet, that's a DQ (I think). It's annoying to have a person who can't battle correctly or has a bad team to compete. Somewhere I saw that someone (a Senior) used a lv. 17 Grotle, a low level Pikachu, and a Bidoof. Next tournament, they should require the player to have National Dex and to pass a harder test than last year.

Too bad we cannot sneak in people to pretend to be judges and ask everyone simple questions like "What is an IV?" to weed out the super scrubs. And check the team sheets for at least capable teams (no grotles here).

But what should happen if they dont even go up to battle, they just leave, does that person get a by now? Or do they search for another person

My mistake, search for another person, so more qualified people can register. If the brackets were not confined, gah!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The way things look, I'm planning to make the trip to the Philadelphia area ready or not. Hopefully we'll get in like last year in New York but am not counting on it seeing that PBB could not get into neither SF nor Phoenix while Diesel's first round opponent in Seattle did. I won't be surprised if I see many that were in NY last year wait outside.

The way things look, I'm planning to make the trip to the Philadelphia area ready or not. Hopefully we'll get in like last year in New York but am not counting on it seeing that PBB could not get into neither SF nor Phoenix while Diesel's first round opponent in Seattle did. I won't be surprised if I see many that were in NY last year wait outside.
well i still think you should go, i have finally decided on my team and will try to finish it off my this weekend. even though i cant go i still would like to make showdown battleing a metagame.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know we're not really supposed to discuss anything related to hacking, but I just need to know this before I use it.

Has anyone used Negator's Latios or Latias in this tournament yet? If so, did it pass a hack check? I don't want to use it and find out it is hacked and be disqualified - so if anyone knows, I'd like to know so I can switch it for something else. It'll most likely be one of my back-up Pokémon anyway, and I'd hate to be disqualified for having it, especially if I don't use it for a battle..

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
are those something like 29-2-29-29-31-31 timid? try to search in the wi-fi forum on how he got them, I am not sure if those are results of "pure emerald RNG abuse" with the 3 hour and 30+ minutes wait times (although some of us did this the legit way by, simply, "waiting"...ultimatedra was doing some crazy 10+ hour resets IIRC)

anyway, my advice is get rid of it, unless you soft reset for them yourself without help of any external devices, it´s definitely not worth the risk

on an unrelated note, I am having trouble getting an european DP damn it... no clue why they sell the US versions of DP in my country (member of the european union) so I have to come up with a solution...ride to austria and back just to get a german DP and only for one tourney in berlin is maybe a bit too much effort needed...still undecided whether to go :/

yeah and good luck in london guys

Just preparing to set off for London: a couple of things I was wondering about what you bring.

Name? I assume you put your actual name, not your game character's name?

Proof of age? Passport then, I'm guessing, or what else?

Thanks to whoever answers. If anyone's wondering, I'll be wearing green Armani glasses. Doubtless I'll be the only guy wearing metallic green and olive-coloured square Armani glasses, so I guess that's a good enough description.

Your leaving already o_O. London VGC is only a 20 minute ride for me. Tyler422 is on his way to Dallas now, I'll be getting texts from him during the tournament. I will try find someone to text information to and update on smogon for the London VGC, it might be Tyler422 if he's up that early. I'm not sure what I'll be wearing but if you want you can PM me your mobile numbers so we know who each other is if you want, to meet up. But it should be okay.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If there is anyone in the Dallas area who would like to compete but does not have a team they're comfortable with ready, PM me ASAP. I will trade you my team and explain how to use it. This is not first-come, first-served.

This applies to people going to London, too.

I had plans to drive down to Dallas for the weekend, but it seems they may be derailed - I'm not 100% sure yet.

Yeah, for pretty much everybody, expect not to get chosen at your stop, and then if you do it's a pleasant surprise. That's really the only way you can go about it, because if you go expecting to get picked, chances are you'll be disappointed. :(

Lol the London venue looks really scratty. Would've been so much better if it was held at a shopping centre or something, like some of the American regionals. And what do we get? A bunch of clowns.

Sorry. Had to say that. =P

Lol the London venue looks really scratty. Would've been so much better if it was held at a shopping centre or something, like some of the American regionals. And what do we get? A bunch of clowns.

whats the link to the venue ?? im setting off 2moz evening after work - LONG train journey down.

It's got rustic appeal, that's all. It'll more than do the job.

Although, that said, I'd have quite liked the rumor I heard about the O2 arena being the venue to have been true, even though it seemed like a very, very unlikely option, especially for europe (why on earth would we get that, we're the very bottom of Nintendos pecking list)

What time are you setting off? And what hotel are you staying at?
Hey man im leaving tommorow. Im staying at my friends who lives in London - he lives in Hackney, but setting in the morning as early as possible. If you want to meet at any point to go on the way I could pm me you my number if interested?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah okay. It'll probably be best to just meet at the event in the morning then. I'm staying at a hotel directly behind the Circus Space so I should be able to walk there in about a minute. I should be easy to recognise lol

Ah okay. It'll probably be best to just meet at the event in the morning then. I'm staying at a hotel directly behind the Circus Space so I should be able to walk there in about a minute. I should be easy to recognise lol
Lucky you..1 minute. It'll take me ages - but yeah see you there!!!! Have a good journey

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a 35 minute train journey, which I suppose isn't bad. What time would everyone be getting there for?

I can't go to the tournament in Arlington (Dallas), but if someone wants to meet up in Plano (just north of Dallas proper), we can do lunch. I'm already meeting with LonelyNess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)