Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed! Hopefully we'll finally get through to old PCi. If only it were up to Smogon to run these tournaments, I bet we could host incredible events if we had funding from a company haha.

Im sorry you guys didn't get in. Honestly all my opponents were very easy. I kinda agree with you but I have a feeling that I wouldn't of won if you guys got in. XD I didn't see any of you at the tourny. I asked around for people from Smogon and couldn't find anybody. I don't know if any of you stayed but the Ethan kid that won was me. My name kinda gives it away. lol

Ethan dont sell yourself short bro. after watching the finals you did well and did smogon proud. (a little hax here and there but hey hax is half this game).

congrats on first place.

Edit: i sign as well for the pension thanks again ultimetra

Yeah, Pokethan, in the end, it was all about skill, and how well you played to get this far.
Don't let our bickering stop you from being happy. You deserve it, man.

That actually seemed like a pretty even match to me. I was surprised to see Vash's Mamoswine survive Azumarill's Superpower with ~1 HP. If not for that Pokethan could have won without needing the freeze hax, assuming his Abomasnow has Occa Berry to survive a possible Heat Wave from Zapdos.
his Abomasnow had a choice scarf i believe (i know it was a choice item) so who knows what would've happened..

as for the petition, I was the 16th to sign, maybe someone should make the petition link a temporary sticky or something that will make it easier to find?

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If Vash doesn't Curse and instead fires an attack at Azumarill with Mamoswine.. most likely Quake.. he probably does enough with Hail to KO Azu and forces out the last pokemon Scarf Abomasnow a turn earlier. TR is still in play and he wins since Zapdos is faster than Scarf Aboma and avoids the freeze. Heat Wave could still miss but Mamoswine is in much better shape HP wise to help out in that scenario. No way to know that at the time, but the use of Curse seems like much more of a gamble there to me than straight up attacking would be.

All of that is moot though if Ethan remembers to Taunt with Gengar on turn 1. Very even match overall and both players had teams far better than what a lot of other contestants were using. So props to both for winning a trip to St. Louis.

All of that is moot
B)

i signed the petition too, on a more related note. it's freaking ridiculous when people who live nowhere near the events have to drive so far to put their time and energy into it and then get turned away.

B)

i signed the petition too, on a more related note. it's freaking ridiculous when people who live nowhere near the events have to drive so far to put their time and energy into it and then get turned away.
I feel ya.
I beleive everyone who lived far, had a warstory of there own JUST to get to the site.
And to get turned away, is another story in itself..

I saw some people today, saw bluecookies on the line (he was right behind me) even though I didnt say a word. LOL. Did you ever get your interview with that guy? Anyways i find it so unfair, i have been training for this tournament for months and i dont even get in!!! I left before i got my Shiny pokemon =(, i was just so upset i didn't want to go near my DS today. I saw some kid crying on the phone because he didn't get in, it really touched me becuase i know how much hard work i put into this stuff, and to find out its all been for nothing, it crushs my dreams. And to find out some seniors didnt even use COMPLETE teams, makes me even more frustrated. 1 smogoner out of like 25. i Dont get it.
on the side note i was wearing all mets so if you saw me then Hello. I was so brave to wear Mets cloths in Philly territory, alot of people screamed out METS SUCK. i was thinking bout grabing my styler and stabbing them =).

Heh my brother in JUNIORS was not fucking selected. NOR his friend.
Oh BlueCookies he was the one hanging around Dan and Jay xD

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
I'm signing the petition right now, even though I couldn't attend.

Anybody know if I could e-mail them with suggestions? There's so many ways to run this tournament better.

I went ahead and signed the petition in hopes that next year we will see a change in entry methods. Also, congrats Pokethan on the win. Best of luck to you in St. Louis.

Signed the petition.
Left my house at 4am to get to Philly via public transportation (no car)
Got there at 9:10 only to get number 557 on wristband and only consolation prize is a freaking milotic?
I watched as a noob in the second round uses thunderbolt with rhyperior and bubblebeam with empoleon!!!
All of us smogoners need to link up that's in NYC and hold our own mini tournaments which count toward our ranking on smogon cause this is bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)