Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say you breed a pokemon to the point where it has 31 ivs in all the important stats, and it is male. If you breed it with a female pokemon holding an everstone with the correct nature of the same species, will all of the Ivs be transferred into the new pokemon?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Please just post that team in the RMT section and ask for rates. Nobody's going to build your team for you, and we don't even know the movesets for the Pokemon you listed.
He's obviously vsing against this team, otherwise he wouldn't ask.

Anyway, Mixmence could deal a good amount to this team, but Duggy outspeeds.

How do I get Curse on a Skarmory?
TORKOAL: Learn Curse at level 12
FARFETCH'D: Breed male TORKOAL with female FARFETCH'D
SKARMORY: Breed male FARFETCH'D with female SKARMORY

The proberbility is 1/8192 + 1/8192 + 1/8192. =3/8192
It's still an insanely low number though.
edit: opps wrong page..

Thats only to get a shiny isnt it?
I thought breeding moves was incredibly easy
EDIT: NVM this was directed at Aiklap who posted on the wrong page :X

How come people say Psychic is a terrible offensive type? I don't see how is that;Psyhcic pairs well with Fighting agianst all but other Psychics, similarly to the Water+Ice combo most Water-types use.
Also, Surf or Hydro Pump for Gorebyss and Omastar?

How come people say Psychic is a terrible offensive type? I don't see how is that;Psyhcic pairs well with Fighting agianst all but other Psychics, similarly to the Water+Ice combo most Water-types use.
Also, Surf or Hydro Pump for Gorebyss and Omastar?
Because Ou is jammed with steels which resist psychic. Poison types are almost non existant and they are all killed with eq or for the floating ones tb or some other attacks so psychic really only hits weezing hard. I recommend surf but others might say hp. And the only Ou poke that this is viable without hidden power lucario doesnt need psychic.

Do people think King's Rock is a good choice for a held item on Paraflinch Togekiss?
It seems practical to me; since Roost is on the moveset to give some HP recovery, instead of leftovers; but the Smogon article doesn't recommend it.
Any thoughts or am I missing out on exactly what King's Rock does as a held item?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Lets say you breed a pokemon to the point where it has 31 ivs in all the important stats, and it is male. If you breed it with a female pokemon holding an everstone with the correct nature of the same species, will all of the Ivs be transferred into the new pokemon?
No just 2 or 3 and it's random

Do people think King's Rock is a good choice for a held item on Paraflinch Togekiss?
It seems practical to me; since Roost is on the moveset to give some HP recovery, instead of leftovers; but the Smogon article doesn't recommend it.
Any thoughts or am I missing out on exactly what King's Rock does as a held item?
King's Rock does not increase the flinch rate of a move that already has a secondary effect, if memory serves me right.

King's Rock does not increase the flinch rate of a move that already has its own flinch rate, if memory serves me right.
Maybe I'm misreading things but the Smogon page and the Bulbapedia page for King's Rock/Razor Fang lists Air Slash as a move that receives a boost from those held items.
Aura Sphere, the other common move on the paraflinch moveset, is also listed as receiving a boost. That could help I suppose.

No just 2 or 3 and it's random
So if I were to repeat the cycle, would I possibly end up with all 31 in the new pokemon?

Also, are egg moves able to be transferred to the pokemon of the same species if one of them has the egg move, or do both parents have to have it?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So if I were to repeat the cycle, would I possibly end up with all 31 in the new pokemon?

Also, are egg moves able to be transferred to the pokemon of the same species if one of them has the egg move, or do both parents have to have it?

[edit] beaten :/

...all 31? like 6 31s? If you're crazy lucky. I bred a male Houndoom with 3 31s with a female with 2 31s and got a baby with 5 31s and a 22 once. Stupid thing had early bird though...But it only got 2 or 3 of those 31s from the parents the other 2 were just luck.

Egg moves are given from males. They don't have to be the same species, they just have to be in the right egg group.

Here, read this it helped me...http://www.legendarypokemon.net/breeding

Maybe I was just dumb, but I couldn't find such a simple yet comprehensive guide to breeding anywhere else. :D

Where's a good place to hatch Mareep Eggs? I was thinking of hatching them at the Poffin House or the Café, but I want to hear you guys' take on the matter.

Maybe I'm misreading things but the Smogon page and the Bulbapedia page for King's Rock/Razor Fang lists Air Slash as a move that receives a boost from those held items.
Aura Sphere, the other common move on the paraflinch moveset, is also listed as receiving a boost. That could help I suppose.
I would like to know if anyone thinks Razor Fang/King's Rock on a paraflinch set isn't a good idea.

Like mattj said before, you beat Taunt by Taunting the Taunter first. That's it.
Or Imprison them first. But that would be stupid as Taunting prevents more.

Or you can predict them and use an attack forcing them to waste a turn.

I would like to know if anyone thinks Razor Fang/King's Rock on a paraflinch set isn't a good idea.
Like everyone else said, it would be useless as it doesn't add to the move's flinch chance unless it's 0 at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)