Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Can i use Dragon rush instead of focus punch on the metal burst set with aggron?

Thanks
Why use Dragon Rush that's a move with 75% accuracy? Curse + Metal Burst/Stone Edge would be plenty enough to net Aggron some kill. Even though it sucks that Focus Punch requires a turn to set up, it still has some good use on predicted switching. If you really want a replacement, then perhaps Earthquake would work over Focus Punch, as Stone Edge then would cover Flying types.

Edit: Minor details.

Can I clone in Platinum? I heard the GTS method doesn't work.

EDIT: Another question. How early on in the third generation game do you need to be for Pokemon to be Pal Parked? Can it be done as soon as the PC is usable?

EDIT: Another question. How early on in the third generation game do you need to be for Pokemon to be Pal Parked? Can it be done as soon as the PC is usable?
1) Not as far as I know.
2) Yes, as soon, even though you need to get the Poke Balls inorder to get six Pokemon.

First; I have tried, no success. I do not believe that it works in Plat.
Second; As soon as you have 7 or more Pokémon, as they are sent 6 at a time and you must always have one Pokémon left over.

when chain breeding for a move what is the best way to stop your new lv1 from forgetting the move you just chained while in the daycare?

when chain breeding for a move what is the best way to stop your new lv1 from forgetting the move you just chained while in the daycare?
Move changes that occur in daycare don't happen until you take the Pokemon out. So if passing moves is your only concern (as in you don't intend to do anything with it afterwards) then there's no need to worry at all.

Move changes that occur in daycare don't happen until you take the Pokemon out. So if passing moves is your only concern (as in you don't intend to do anything with it afterwards) then there's no need to worry at all.
Are you sure? I think I've had Pokemon go into daycare to pass egg moves, and had eggs hatch without the move. I'm not 100% sure though...

Are you sure? I think I've had Pokemon go into daycare to pass egg moves, and had eggs hatch without the move. I'm not 100% sure though...
I'm positive. I've had stuff breeding for so long that they came out with none of the moves they had going in, and even then the most recent babies got all of the moves I wanted passed down.

A Drifblim with HP Fighting and a HP-amount divisible by 4.. what IV-spread i've to set? Because i can't find any calculator, but that one from metalkid, where i can select the wished HP, i want to have. All others let me know, what HP my Pokémon with its IVs has. But since metalkidkid had a relaunch, i only can set 70 as HP' BP, but i think, there are better options..

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/fury_cutter

Smogon's description for Fury Cutter states that the hits do not have to consecutive in order to receive the Fury Cutter boost. It also says that bonuses max out at 160.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fury_Cutter_(move)

Bulbapedia's description states that if a move other than Fury Cutter is selected, the bonuses reset, meaning that the hits DO have to be consecutive in order to work. It says that the bonuses cap out at 160, but it also mentions that the bonuses reset after the 160 hit.

Would someone care to elaborate as to what Smogon's description is saying? I'm a bit confused.

I need the most effective EV spreads for Choice Scarf Dragonite and Lucario and Agility Dragonite.
Scarf Dragonite is outclassed by Mence and Flygon. Scarf Lucario is in the analysis.

For Agility D-nite, go 252 Att/8 Spe with the rest poured in either HP or SpA (depending on weather you are mixed or physical) and Adamant nature (physica) or Rash/Nauty nature (mixed). You can also increase the speed if needed.

I need the most effective EV spreads for Choice Scarf Dragonite and Lucario and Agility Dragonite.
For Scarf Dragonite and Scarf Lucario, can you describe what problems you have with the spreads listed in the analyses so we can help you come with ones more suited to your needs?

For Agility Dragonite, I assume that you are using Agility over the generally-preferred Dragon Dance in order to outspeed something specific. Probably, you will want to give Spe the minimum number of EVs needed to outspeed whatever benchmark you have set, like Choice Scarf Azelf or Agiligross or whatever. Put the rest into Attack, or put some into HP if you want a bulky booster to abuse Dragonite's good defenses.

Could somebody tell my why Walrein is NU? I don't really believe it, as "Stallrein" sweeps OU teams and always murders my UU team in hail. Now it gets super fang...

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could somebody tell my why Walrein is NU? I don't really believe it, as "Stallrein" sweeps OU teams and always murders my UU team in hail. Now it gets super fang...
Walrein isn't used very much.

No, but it's the fact that it requires a lot of support to be effective - I.E. Hail and Toxic Spikes for the best results, that's half your team taken already (Abomasnow/Walrein/Tentacruel or something).

And of course, there's Scizor who loves his Steel priority.

Walrein isn't used very much.

No, but it's the fact that it requires a lot of support to be effective - I.E. Hail and Toxic Spikes for the best results, that's half your team taken already (Abomasnow/Walrein/Tentacruel or something).

And of course, there's Scizor who loves his Steel priority.
Walrein isn't weak to Bullet Punch. Scizor will cause troubles for Stallrein, but at least it's strong enough to take a CB Bullet Punch.

Last time I checked, Abomasnow/Walrein/Tentacruel has great synergy anyways. I guess people haven't gotten around to using it.

Tiers are based on usage. Stallrein is just too situational to be used consistantly, and as such, it is not used enough to warrent anything higher.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/fury_cutter

Smogon's description for Fury Cutter states that the hits do not have to consecutive in order to receive the Fury Cutter boost. It also says that bonuses max out at 160.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fury_Cutter_(move)

Bulbapedia's description states that if a move other than Fury Cutter is selected, the bonuses reset, meaning that the hits DO have to be consecutive in order to work. It says that the bonuses cap out at 160, but it also mentions that the bonuses reset after the 160 hit.

Would someone care to elaborate as to what Smogon's description is saying? I'm a bit confused.
I think bulbapedia is describing the GSC/RSE Fury Cutter and the mechanics changed in DP. Nothing in smogon says anything about the base power resetting, though.

A Drifblim with HP Fighting and a HP-amount divisible by 4.. what IV-spread i've to set? Because i can't find any calculator, but that one from metalkid, where i can select the wished HP, i want to have. All others let me know, what HP my Pokémon with its IVs has. But since metalkidkid had a relaunch, i only can set 70 as HP' BP, but i think, there are better options..
Use 30/30/31/30/30/30, it will give you 440 HP and the 31 in defense is the best you can do with HP Fighting.

Froslass: Spikes/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/ Destiny Bond
Milotic: Surf/Toxic/Rest/Sleep Talk
Clefable: Aromatherapy/Wish/Stealth Rock/ Seismic Toss
Nidoqueen: Toxic Spikes/Roar/Super Fang

Nidoqueen is supposed to be my field hazard shuffler and decisive wall breaker... What should her last move be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)