Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Feraligatr replaced Azumarill as the best Aqua Jet user in UU? He gets Swords Dance and Dragon Dance which can make him more of a threat than Azumarill.

Another question I had: A Breloom with Poison Heal heals HP when Poisoned in battle. What happens when you walk with a Poisoned Breloom outside of battle? Does it take damage like a normal Pokemon would, does it heal, or is the Poison damage that occurs when walking nullified?

Has Feraligatr replaced Azumarill as the best Aqua Jet user in UU? He gets Swords Dance and Dragon Dance which can make him more of a threat than Azumarill.

Another question I had: A Breloom with Poison Heal heals HP when Poisoned in battle. What happens when you walk with a Poisoned Breloom outside of battle? Does it take damage like a normal Pokemon would, does it heal, or is the Poison damage that occurs when walking nullified?
CBAzumarill can hit harder than Feraligatr with no setup, due to Huge Power; so it depends on whether you want to take that turn to Swords Dance (Dragon Dance sets should run something else, due to Speed being boosted too).

It still loses HP like normal in between battles; I remember from my Elite Four runthrough with Breloom.

I'm wondering if there are any plans in the works for an official NU tier? By that I mean an NU ladder. Not a big question, I'd just like to know if anyone's thinking of creating one.

A lot of people want it.

I'm breeding 2 bunearys that I hatched from my own game. They are both timid nature and I gave them both everstones cause I don't remember if you're supposed to give it to the female or male pokemon. I've bred and hatched at least 25 bunearys and I've got 3 timid ones! Anyone got any suggestions on why this is happening of what i can do to fix it?

I'm wondering if there are any plans in the works for an official NU tier? By that I mean an NU ladder. Not a big question, I'd just like to know if anyone's thinking of creating one.

A lot of people want it.
I believe there is a NU ladder on the CAP server.

I'm breeding 2 bunearys that I hatched from my own game. They are both timid nature and I gave them both everstones cause I don't remember if you're supposed to give it to the female or male pokemon. I've bred and hatched at least 25 bunearys and I've got 3 timid ones! Anyone got any suggestions on why this is happening of what i can do to fix it?
I don't think this is abnormal, if you're saying this is a small amount. In my breeding experience, this is what I'd expect with Everstones applied.

I don't think this is abnormal, if you're saying this is a small amount. In my breeding experience, this is what I'd expect with Everstones applied.
Yeah, I guess. I just feel like when I breed with a ditto I get the desired nature 1/4 at worst...3/25 just feels like I'm doing something wrong!?

2 Questions:

1.) The Dodrio set with Acupressure/Agility lists that Dodrio has Baton Pass. When did Dodrio get Baton Pass?

2.) Does Acupressure break Evasion Clause when it gets random +2 Evasion stat ups?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
2 Questions:

1.) The Dodrio set with Acupressure/Agility lists that Dodrio has Baton Pass. When did Dodrio get Baton Pass?

2.) Does Acupressure break Evasion Clause when it gets random +2 Evasion stat ups?
1. Pokemon XD

2. No, it's random

2 Questions:
WiFi Rules said:
Note that what is listed as "accepted rules" does not have Evasion/OHKO clauses.

Unless you specify, I believe it's OK. (Just expanding on your answer, AoK :P) But at Serebii and my limited time at RL, you would lose if it selected to increase Evasion.

I normally take the clause as banning use of moves that directly increase evasion. Accupressure boosting evasion thus wouldn't be banned; similarly, sand veil and snow cloak are not banned. Metronome calling an evasion boost isn't banned. Assist calling Double Team or Minimise might be banned - since why are you even carrying the evasion move in the first place?

If I had a water type pokemon that had the ability torrent (so 1.5x damage when HP is below 1/3) and it had the subsequent HP, then used Brine (which doubles in power when HP is below half), would its base power be

65 (BP) x 2 (bonus) x 1.5 (stab) x 1.5 (torrent) = 292?

No, the base power would be 130 with a 1.5x boost from stab and a 1.5x boost from torrent, torrent and stab are damage modifiers not base power madifiers, it is similar to what you have but might cause the damage to be a point or two different due to the rounding in the damage formula.

I know that, in order for previously defeated trainers to get the most powerful Pokémon, you have to rematch them many times. Does anyone know about how many times it takes to get them to their most powerful point? I've also heard that it involves beating the Elite Four a certain number of times... is this true?

It gets Rock Blast, Spike Cannon, and Icicle Spear, yes. I don't think that makes it any more conpetitively viable though
I disagree, despite its low Speed, It has at least one move that can counteract each of it's weaknesses. Its high Defense also makes a viable Physical Wall.

I know that, in order for previously defeated trainers to get the most powerful Pokémon, you have to rematch them many times. Does anyone know about how many times it takes to get them to their most powerful point? I've also heard that it involves beating the Elite Four a certain number of times... is this true?
I think it's the fifth battle that they reach maximum power. But I'm not sure.
Repeatedly beating the Elite 4 20 times is required to bring your rivals party to its maximum power, with his starter at level 85. But I don't think it changes anything else.
(Italics is the only part of this post I am certain about)

If I edit the IV's of my magnezone to have HP Ice with action replay is it still tournament legal?
Not strictly; if you're talking about official VGC type stuff, if they detect that you've used an AR at all, you can be disqualified. (I don't agree with this, but it's how it tends to be). The issue is whether or not they detect you.

In terms of Wifi tournaments, it depends on the particular tournament. I believe most allow "legal hacks", especially with the advent of RNG abuse to get it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)