Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about how the battle tower works. Tyranitar doesn't evolve till 55, but will it have the nice boosted stats from evolving when it's brought back down to level 50 in the battle tower or will it have whatever it's stats were at level 50 as a pupitar?
Its stats are recalculated every level taking ivs and evs into account. This is why evs only apply when you level up or use the box trick. Its stas are calculated as they would be if it was a level 50 tyranitar with the same ivs and evs that you have now.

how do u use RMT
To post a team to be rated:
1) Create a team
2) Play a decent amount with that team
3) Read the RMT forum's rules
4) Post your thread

Number 2 is the really important thing. Don't post something you just drew up on a scrap of paper, play plenty of battles with it first.

To rate a team:
1) Read the forum's rules
2) Post rates

haunter

Banned deucer.
There's no CRE\deviation requirement for the suspect test. And yes, SEXP is calculated for each account.

What is preffered-SE coverage or neutral coverage? Dragon is notorious for neutrality, but doesn't hit much SE...
Also, is Ghost generally good typing, and is it superior to Psychic?

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
It depends on the Pokemon. If you have boosting moves and/or high attack, neutral coverage is all that is needed. Also, Dragon is SE against Dragon, one of the most common types

Dragon aside, what type has the best offensive coverage? What type is better for attack-Ice or Fire? Ice is effective against Dragon and not effective against Steel, while Fire is the opposite...

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
After Dragon, water prabably has the best neutral coverage. Fire hits a higher proportion of OU super effectively than Ice IIRC. EDit: upon checking, they're about the same.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the EVs. EVs are gained only when a vitamin item is used, or experience is gained in battle. The Daycare center does not give any, nor does rare candies.
I'm not sure about the credibility of the other answer I got so I'll ask it again kind of. When a Pokémon has assigned EVs and levels up, the Pokémon gains stats with the added bonus of the EVs as opposed to leveling up with no EVs or with the use of a Rare Candy. So if a Pokémon is to level up in the Day Care Center while it already has assigned EVs (such as 252 Def 252 SpDef 4HP) will the leveling up of said Pokémon include stat increase by EVs? Sorry, it's really difficult to word this question

EDIT: Thanks for the help Orius747 and Gonzaa

I'm not sure about the credibility of the other answer I got so I'll ask it again kind of. When a Pokémon has assigned EVs and levels up, the Pokémon gains stats with the added bonus of the EVs as opposed to leveling up with no EVs or with the use of a Rare Candy. So if a Pokémon is to level up in the Day Care Center while it already has assigned EVs (such as 252 Def 252 SpDef 4HP) will the leveling up of said Pokémon include stat increase by EVs? Sorry, it's really difficult to word this question
Okay, let me put it like this, You get 510 EVs to put anywhere you like up to 255 in a single stat. Four EV points in one stat gets you one more stat point at level 100. So the most beneficial spread for, say, a sweeper is 252 atk/ 252 speed/ 4 in a seperate stat, since 255 is not divisible by four, leaving a tiny fraction of a remainder. Now, upon level up you get your basic levelling up bonuses based on your IVs and base stats, and then the bonuses from your EVs on top of that. Your EVs are entirely fluid until your pokemon hits level 100. At level 99 you can use EV reducing berries to remove every last one of your EVs and then redistribute them before levelling up and you can see your stat go up by 64+ in a single level. If you gain your pokemon a massive chunk of EVs and stick it in the storage system it will be the equivalent of a level up without the other stats levelling up entails. EV training your pokemon earlier will not result in more stats at level 100, and EV training your pokemon past level fifty will not impede its functioning in the battle tower in any way, shape, or form. I'm afraid I can't say much about the daycare except that it's only good experience until level 20 or so anyways, so after level 20 you can just level up your pokemon once for the stat boosts if the daycare doesn't turn EVs into stats.

To recap: EVs are worth 1 point at level 100, and you get the same bonuses no matter when you add them. Using vitamins boosts your stats right off the bat, whereas fighting other pokemon for EVs will require you to either level up or stick your pokemon in the storage to convert them into stats.

Hope this answered your question, as I've still no idea what you were asking.

The Daycare doesn't mess with your EV's. It's just like giving rare candies to your poke.

Is there any other way to get water stones besides digging for them in the Underground. I already used the ones from the Ruins, and Serebii says Sunnyshore? Where in Sunnyshore is it?

Ahh, now I see what you're saying.

Stats are calculated from a formula that uses EVs, IVs, base stats, and level as variables. The manner in which they gained experience/levels does not change the stat calculation.

If you gave 252 Def, 252 SDef, and 4 HP EVs to three identically IV'd pokemon at Level 5, then levelled one up to L100 by battling, one by using Rare Candies, and one by Daycare Centering, they would all have identical stats.

Sleep lasts from 1 to 5 turns. But that first turn is the turn you put your foe to sleep or the next turn? I mean, suppose you use Hypnosis first and then your foe doesn't attack. Is there a chance the next turn the opponent will wake up and strike you?

Sleep lasts from 1 to 5 turns. But that first turn is the turn you put your foe to sleep or the next turn? I mean, suppose you use Hypnosis first and then your foe doesn't attack. Is there a chance the next turn the opponent will wake up and strike you?
Yes, it is possible for the opponent to wake up on the next turn and attack. In fact, if your opponent is an early bird pokemon (and slower than your hypnotizer), it is even possible for your opponent to attack in the same turn that it fell asleep.

Does a Pal Parked pokemon count as having the nationality of the game it was caught in or the game it was uploaded to? I need to know this to know whether to use normal or international PIDs when RNGing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)