US Regional Qualifier - Seattle, WA - May 8th, 2010 WON BY ZEROWING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you even expect any videos of it the instant it ends?

And more importantly they're not finished yet.
What he said - if they maxed the attendance, then there will be 10 rounds for the to play (3 prelim, 7 regular)

Hey, anyone know how they get t16? because after 5 rounds there a top 24...
With single elimination, if the rounds would end in an odd number, you do even player pods(8/16/32/64 etc.) and add random byes to the pod that had the odd number of players.

What he said - if they maxed the attendance, then there will be 10 rounds for the to play (3 prelim, 7 regular)
Wouldn't there be only one prelim?

First 512 battle, 256 get byes? It'd be a little excessive to have 1/3 having byes but that's how I thought it was going.

Wouldn't there be only one prelim?
from the TPCi operation standards:
TPCi operation standards said:
Single Elimination
Single Elimination tournaments determine the winner of the event by removing players from the tournament after they lose one match. The number of players in each round will be half of the number of players in the previous round, with the possible exception of the first round. The tournament ends when only one player has not lost any matches. That player is the winner of the tournament. At the beginning of the tournament, make sure to inform players if there will be a playoff between the 3rd and 4th ranked players during the last round of the tournament.
Round 1: Players are assigned seeds at random and then paired up based on the standard Single Elimination brackets. Single Elimination brackets for up to 32 players can be found at http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/. The winner of each match moves on to the next round, while the loser is eliminated from the tournament.
o If the number of players in the event is not a power of 2 (8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, etc.), then the highest-seeded players receive Byes. The number of players that receive Byes is based on the difference between the actual attendance and closest power of 2 that is greater than the actual attendance.
For example, if the actual attendance is 53, the closet power of 2 that is greater than 53 is 64. The difference between 64 and 53 is 11, so the top 11 seeded players (who were seeded randomly) would receive first-round Byes.
Subsequent Rounds: Players continue to be paired along the brackets, with the winner of a match moving on to the next round and the loser being eliminated from the tournament. Ultimately, only two players will remain in a round, with the winner of that match becoming the winner of the tournament.
o If the Byes were awarded correctly in the first round, the remaining rounds will have a number of players such that no further Byes need to be awarded.
Tournaments run using Single Elimination tend to run more quickly; fewer matches are being played as the tournament progresses. The additional benefit is that as the number of active matches decreases, the demand on the event staff decreases as well.
No player can drop from a Single Elimination tournament. If a player requests to drop or is disqualified, that player is marked as the loser of the game regardless of the actual outcome.
So the 3 preliminary rounds end - you have 96 players. You do 3 pods of 32 (96 players) then top 2 from each pod get added into a new pod, with 2 random byes.

This would be the best way to give away as few byes as possible. (In this case-2, but it is dependent on the amount of players)

andrea

/me cresselias
Latest news from Seattle:

Fish is in the top 8.

Duy and Zerowing are in the top 16 and are still playing their matches for a spot in the top 8.

EDIT:

Fish is now top 4.

Duy and Zerowing are against each other in the top 8 matches.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
yeah they are def still playing or zw would've texted me the results.
i would've stayed but i had shoes to pick up & clothes to hunt for.... sorry pokemon but clothes b4 mons.

you basically just played 3 rounds & if you won you went to the finalist section. they gave some people byes to have the right number.

also the eevee dl trucked up my hg's save... lol

No its when there is an odd number of players, and not everyone can be paired up, so some people advance without playing...so an auto-win.

OH BABY! I am a little disappointed in team canada but I am glad some of our boys made it far. Hopefully a video and full results will be up relatively soon after the tournament finishes!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
zerowing beat the guy who beat me. HE HE HE.

not sure if the round is over i think zerowing won?? idk they are fighting tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)