Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should make an ability called "sleepy" where it ignores any non-attacking move. give it to snorlax....end metagame....

Ok Nasty Plot sounds good but a bit too cheap
Infernape can pull off a Nasty Plot set that can beat Blissey. I can hardly call a Nasty Plot Starmie cheap, considering it has to remain all-special. Besides, both of them are frail little things anyway. Starmie'd still get destroyed by anything faster like a Scarf User.

Here's an idea for the abilities Effect Spore, Flame Body, Poison Point, Rough Skin, and Static: Like how there's a 30% for the offender of getting inflicted by a certain status from these abilities if the defender is hit by a contact move (besides Rough Skin), if a Pokemon with any of these abilities uses a contact like Body Slam, they have a chance of inflicting the status they threaten as if they were hit, by either a 20% chance. For Rough Skin, contact moves would have their power increased by 12.5%. And with that, let's say a Static Pokemon uses a contact move that has a similar effect, such as Thunderpunch, the chance increases to 30%, and if that static user uses another contact move with a different effect, such as Ice Punch, then the possible effects would be 20% paralysis, and 10% freeze. For Effect Spore, its effect will be like the move Tri Attack. One-third of the chance will go to each of its effects, and should the user use the move ThunderPunch, its effects will look like: 16.66% paralysis, 6.66% sleep, and 6.66% poison.

Here's a pretty over the top idea with the ability Stench: Contact moves have a 30% chance of failing, due to the offending Pokemon refusing to get anywhere near that awful smell. Only Poison types are unaware of this ability so they are not affect by this ability.

Here's a pretty over the top idea with the ability Stench: Contact moves have a 30% chance of failing, due to the offending Pokemon refusing to get anywhere near that awful smell. Only Poison types are unaware of this ability so they are not affect by this ability.
I think that one would be too good. 30% chance of failing is a bit too much, and things like paralysis or confusion aren´t even factored in.

My hopes/guesses for the boosts to the more useless abilities:

Battle Armor: When hit with a critical hit, this Pokemon's defenses get a 1.5 boost
Honey Gather: This Pokemon gets an offensive boost (ATK and SPATK) of 1.2 for each bug Pokemon on your team
Illuminate: Lowers opponents accuracy upon entry.
Keen Eye: Accuracy of all attacks get a 1.2 boost and 100% accuracy moves will never miss, no matter the weather.
Lightning Rod: If this Pokemon was hit with an electric before it's next turn, the following electric attack this user uses is doubled.
Magma Armor: Physical Fire Attacks get a 1.5 boost.
Pick Up: Removes entry hazards, but is still affected by them upon entry
Run Away: Shed Shell.
Shell Armor: Defense stat boosting moves work double (Withdraw increases by 2 instead of 1.5 etc)
Stall: Negative priority attacks are doubled in power
Stench: The chance of a flinch is doubled.
Storm Drain: Like Lightning Rod above, but for Water Attacks.

These are stacked onto the previous effects.
You just made Battle Armor complete trash, whilst making Pick Up crazy good. Battle Armor doesn't need to be changed IMO, but I think Pick Up should work like this:

Pick Up: a 1-in-3 chance of picking up a dropped / discarded item (from either side) in battle at the end of every turn if not already holding anything.

Keen Eye also seems too similar to Compoundeyes for my liking. I would do them like this:

Keen Eye: accuracy cannot be lowered by opponent, whilst opponent's Evasion boosts are temporarily ignored when the user attacks.

Hyper Cutter: attack cannot be lowered by opponent, whilst opponent's Defense boosts are temporarily ignored when the user attacks.

This way, they have their own unique use without being completely outclassed by Clear Body or too similar to another ability. I also think your version of Stench is a bit outclassed by Serene Grace, which I would personally like to see avoided. Something along the lines of vcg's idea seems more appealing.

I'd like to see oblivious make the pokemon immune to moves like taunt, trick, torment, etc.
I agree with this 100%. It would be an interesting 'flavor' ability then for the way move immunities are selected. immune to Trick but not Switcheroo, immune to Hypnosis / Lovely Kiss / Yawn but not Sleep Powder / Spore, immune to Swagger / Flatter but not Confuse Ray etc etc. Of course the main perks competitively would be immunity to Taunt and Encore.

I think that one would be too good. 30% chance of failing is a bit too much, and things like paralysis or confusion aren´t even factored in.
30% chance of failing is really not that much, considering it is only affecting contact moves, and not moves like Earthquake, Rock Slide, Status, every Special Attack, etc.

I don't understand the paralysis and confusion bit. They are factored. Should a Pokemon be confused, it has a 50% of hitting itself, 35% of attacking, and 15% chance of the move failing.

Also I think the text itself is the wrong characters or something. But I might be thinking of other scans, and it's only really noticeable to those that, like, can read the language.

Which is probably the point.
Anyone who knows even a little Japanese will immediately recognize that the names are in hiragana, even though the Pokemon series always use katakana for pokemon names.

30% chance of failing is really not that much, considering it is only affecting contact moves, and not moves like Earthquake, Rock Slide, Status, every Special Attack, etc.

I don't understand the paralysis and confusion bit. They are factored. Should a Pokemon be confused, it has a 50% of hitting itself, 35% of attacking, and 15% chance of the move failing.
Sure, but what I wanted to say with that is, that

1. every contact move(that being every physical fighting type, most physical normal type and a bunch of other moves would practically be a 70 accuracy move when used against Stench pokemon. Moves with lower accuracy than 100 are almost at Hypnosis accuracy. Maybe it´s just a matter of personal opinion, but I think that´s a pretty strong ability.

2. Para support and confusion would make Stench pokemon pretty haxy, don´t you think?

Sure, but what I wanted to say with that is, that

1. every contact move(that being every physical fighting type, most physical normal type and a bunch of other moves would practically be a 70 accuracy move when used against Stench pokemon. Moves with lower accuracy than 100 are almost at Hypnosis accuracy. Maybe it´s just a matter of personal opinion, but I think that´s a pretty strong ability.

2. Para support and confusion would make Stench pokemon pretty haxy, don´t you think?
1. Well that is just if a large percent of Pokemon only use contact moves as attacks, which isn't really the case. Against Special attackers like Gengar, the ability doesn't help at all. Many physical attackers would carry a move that does not involve contact. Let me list Pokemon in OU that would normally use physical contact moves but can get around it.

Breloom- Spore, Stone Edge
Dragonite- DM or Fire Blast, EQ
Gyarados- EdgeQuake
Heracross- Stone Edge
Infernape- Stone Edge, Overheat
Jirachi- look who's getting haxxed now
Lucario- Stone Edge
Machamp- 100% acc Stone Edge
Scizor- ok nothing
Snorlax- Earthquake
Weavile- nothing

So there are just about two Pokemon in OU who are primarily based on contact moves. Even then, it's not like they are guaranteed to fail all their hits, they should hit most of the time.

2. Parafusion in itself is haxxy and makes up most of the hax. And that takes two turns of setup.

Look at the Pokemon that actually get Stench, Muk and Skuntank. They aren't very formiddable at all, and my idea probably wouldn't even be enough for them to be used much more. They hate Earthquake.

Actually, I found this the most enjoyable and hilarious league ending I've ever watched, but that's just because I've been waiting for something like this, as opposed to the Harrison/Tyson kind of thing they had in the previous two leagues (bond with the person, then lose). This was a daring approach by the writers, and they should be applauded for that. Takuto was a great character and deserved to win more than anyone else. He reminds the audience that Ash really is very far away from being a Pokemon Master, and displays a trainer's true potential by owning and battling with these so called unobtainable Pokemon. Takuto should be the role model of every trainer in the anime, perhaps including Cynthia herself.

Hopefully, Ash's battle with Takuto will remind him step up his game in the Isshu region.

'Course though, I did want Ash to bring better mons for some more action, and even if he went down 6-0 I wanted to see Takuto's entire team :(
"Hey, let's have Ash FINALLY get a chance to win... But then we bring in a totally random character who destroys him and wins the league!"

Probably the most anti-climactic thing to ever happen. Even more than Naruto VS Pain, where everyone had to sit through countless months of a lame, grueling battle that only ended with a Deus Ex Machina.

Aaaanyway, does anyone know what the pre-order bonus for the games is (In Japan, obviously)? I'm hoping it isn't just some stylus stuff. My dog chewed up my Dialga stylus, and I couldn't glue it back together.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of abilites, there must the an auto-Torment inducer. The ban of all Choice users

Ex.: Wigglytuff (something to put him apart from Bliss and Clefable)
@ Leftovers
Impish Nature
EVs:32 HP/224 Def/252 Sp.Def
Ability: The auto-Torment

~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Toxic/ T-Wave/ Counter
~ Seismic Toss/ Focus Punch/ Return

Walled by Ghosts, but that is why Gengar, Tomb and fellows exist.

1. Well that is just if a large percent of Pokemon only use contact moves as attacks, which isn't really the case. Against Special attackers like Gengar, the ability doesn't help at all. Many physical attackers would carry a move that does not involve contact. Let me list Pokemon in OU that would normally use physical contact moves but can get around it.

Breloom- Spore, Stone Edge
Dragonite- DM or Fire Blast, EQ
Gyarados- EdgeQuake
Heracross- Stone Edge
Infernape- Stone Edge, Overheat
Jirachi- look who's getting haxxed now
Lucario- Stone Edge
Machamp- 100% acc Stone Edge
Scizor- ok nothing
Snorlax- Earthquake
Weavile- nothing

So there are just about two Pokemon in OU who are primarily based on contact moves. Even then, it's not like they are guaranteed to fail all their hits, they should hit most of the time.

2. Parafusion in itself is haxxy and makes up most of the hax. And that takes two turns of setup.

Look at the Pokemon that actually get Stench, Muk and Skuntank. They aren't very formiddable at all, and my idea probably wouldn't even be enough for them to be used much more. They hate Earthquake.
Um...perhaps I'm missing something, but aren't EQ and SE physical (and thus considered contact) moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)