Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fixed that for you.
Gyarados and Milotic are counterparts/clones anyway. They both evolve from useless fish, one is defensive, the other offensive with BSTs of 540. Gyarados was introduced in Generation 1, whereas Milotic was introduced in the first generation with Pokemon contests. [/Bulbapedia]

Basurao is this gen's Quilfish. It learns way too many useful moves to be the serpent pokemon for this generation.

I do think they're going to create one this time around, but they might not release it before hand.

So if it's only gen V Pokemon until the Elite Four, does this mean we'll be getting around 150 Pokemon? That would be awesome instead of just over 100 again.

one question, if in Black and White when you migrate pokemon you won't be able to migrate them if they know any HM move, that makes me think: which HMs will be the ones in Isshu?

one question, if in Black and White when you migrate pokemon you won't be able to migrate them if they know any HM move, that makes me think: which HMs will be the ones in Isshu?
Surf and Fly will probably continue to be staples (which is OK because they're good moves). HM's like Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Waterfall, Defog, and Whirlpool are much more situational. Gamefreak could leave out these obstacles, or replace them with entirely new ones. IMO, there should be different levels of each of the aforementioned HM's. Level 1 Rock Smash could smash only small rocks, Level 2 could smash larger, etc. Strength could do the same with moving boulders, Cut the same with bushes. Level 1 Rock Smash = 40 BP, Level 2 = 60, Level 3 = 80. Level 1 Strength = 60, Level 2 Strength = 80, Level 3 Strength = 100. Level 1 Cut = 50, Level 2 = 70, Level 3 = 90. I think they would be much more useful in-game with these values. Rock Smash could actually be useful in OU with its 50% chance to drop defense and respectable power.

I think there's a chance Fly might go. A while back they made a big deal about "transport" in the game, and a trailer showed some weird rail thing.
They never made a big deal about transport in the game beyond a throwaway, only mentioned one time back at the start of the info flood, line saying a new vehicle will be used over the bike.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
They never made a big deal about transport in the game beyond a throwaway, only mentioned one time back at the start of the info flood, line saying a new vehicle will be used over the bike.
There were cars in the Sky Arrow Bridge, weren't? I think this will be the new vehicle (or the train in Aloe's town).

Surf and Fly will probably continue to be staples (which is OK because they're good moves). HM's like Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Waterfall, Defog, and Whirlpool are much more situational. Gamefreak could leave out these obstacles, or replace them with entirely new ones. IMO, there should be different levels of each of the aforementioned HM's. Level 1 Rock Smash could smash only small rocks, Level 2 could smash larger, etc. Strength could do the same with moving boulders, Cut the same with bushes. Level 1 Rock Smash = 40 BP, Level 2 = 60, Level 3 = 80. Level 1 Strength = 60, Level 2 Strength = 80, Level 3 Strength = 100. Level 1 Cut = 50, Level 2 = 70, Level 3 = 90. I think they would be much more useful in-game with these values. Rock Smash could actually be useful in OU with its 50% chance to drop defense and respectable power.
Level 2 Rock Smash on Scizor. Isn't forced to switch like it is with Superpower, plus the 50% Def drop? Yes please.

Basurao will be this gens gyara/milo,only with base stats sort of like this:

85/105/85/105/90/80
HERP

DERP

Basically what you're saying is, even though Basurao actually learns moves through level up that aren't splash, tackle and flail, and even though the stat spread you just posted looks nothing like Gyarados and Milotics stats, Basurao is a clone of the two?

Holy shit, a FISH! Gyarados!

People need to stop being so fucking ridiculous and realize that, just like in real life, there's more than one kind of goddamn fish.

HERP

DERP

Basically what you're saying is, even though Basurao actually learns moves through level up that aren't splash, tackle and flail, and even though the stat spread you just posted looks nothing like Gyarados and Milotics stats, Basurao is a clone of the two?

Holy shit, a FISH! Gyarados!

People need to stop being so fucking ridiculous and realize that, just like in real life, there's more than one kind of goddamn fish.
oh hay truth

Hopefully with TMs becoming reusable, they'll just get rid of HMs and make more TMs that are usable outside of battle. I mean, they made Flash into an HM, so making Surf, Waterfall, etc in TMs as well shouldn't be that out there. Besides, you can make a lot more puzzles with 100 TMs than you can 8 HMs.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully with TMs becoming reusable, they'll just get rid of HMs and make more TMs that are usable outside of battle. I mean, they made Flash into an HM, so making Surf, Waterfall, etc in TMs as well shouldn't be that out there. Besides, you can make a lot more puzzles with 100 TMs than you can 8 HMs.
Yeah, just like Dig, Flash(Gen IV), Teleport(Gen I), Rock Smash(Gen II) and Secret Power(Gen III). All TMs that can be used outside of battle.

I can definitely see them taking a hint from Gold/Silver and making Out of Combat TM moves. I mean, let's look at Headbutt. Not only is it a damn good move at that point in the game when it's aqquired, but it has a nifty effect in flinching, and can be used on trees to get certain rarer Pokemon or Pokemon found on the opposite times. (At least in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Fuckin' HGSS for canceling that last bit out.)

I mean, let's face it. Fly, Strength, Surf, Waterfall....They likely WILL be still TMs, but likely not named that way because of how they will be designing TMs to be used multiple times now. But then again, with the flood of new moves and Mon, I wouldn't be suprised if older HM moves like Cut and Flash fall away into obscurity and we get new replacements.

I would rather have HMs and TMs be seperate, with some TMs having outside of battle use, just like before.

I don't want to have 25 TM slaves to go everywhere I want to. The one thing that would be good is if HMs could be forgotten normally, and that they progress in power like Blasphemy1 suggested, so that Rock Smash, Cut, and whatnot would be useful late-game.

I get the whole "teamwork with pokemon to overcome obstacles" thing, but for the love of Arceus at least make it convenient.

I would rather have HMs and TMs be seperate, with some TMs having outside of battle use, just like before.

I don't want to have 25 TM slaves to go everywhere I want to. The one thing that would be good is if HMs could be forgotten normally, and that they progress in power like Blasphemy1 suggested, so that Rock Smash, Cut, and whatnot would be useful late-game.

I get the whole "teamwork with pokemon to overcome obstacles" thing, but for the love of Arceus at least make it convenient.
You don't need "TM slaves", since you can just teach a TM to a Pokémon then later erase it for another, more useful one. Then, if you need the first one later, just teach it again and repeat the process.

hey guys, i was just migrating some pokemons to my platinum and i think this: are we gonna be able to migrate from GBA to black and white? i know it has been confirmed that we can migrate from DPtHGSS to BW, but what about from RSEFRLG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)