Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of the Oath attacks combining; it's a step in the right direction. All we need now is just one Oath attack for every type, and this will truly make me happy.

Does anyone know if the attacks change power at all, or are they just used regularly with the added effect as a bonus?

Gamefreak's response to Stealth Rocks is to make everything as broken as possible.
I can't agree more. Stealth rocks + spikes + burn/poison + sandstorm/hail + Ring of Fire- Will any pokemon actually get to make more than one move?

We should be greatful that ring of fire doesn't cause burn , I know I would promptly quit doubles if GameFreak did that.

I can't agree more. Stealth rocks + spikes + burn/poison + sandstorm/hail + Ring of Fire- Will any pokemon actually get to make more than one move?

We should be greatful that ring of fire doesn't cause burn , I know I would promptly quit doubles if GameFreak did that.
Implying we're actually gonna see that move.
Sadly, this whole combination stuff sounds like every other "combination" that GF ever advertised. Examples include:
- Defense Curl and Roll Out
- Lock-on and Zap Cannon
- Plusle and Minun
Well, Endrev worked for one generation AFTER they've introduced it. SO I have my hopes up for Gen VI. lol

Might I ask, how the hell are you going to set that up?

Ring of Fire= 1 turn, 2 move slots, 2 pokemon
Spikes= 1-3 turns
Stealth Rocks= 1 turn
Toxic Spikes= 1 turn

You just wasted a good few turns setting up and devoted a huge number of slots to this. Also keep in mind that Nintendo plays Doubles with 4 pokemon. First turn you're going to need Abomosnow and a fire pokemon that can set up stealth rocks/spikes/toxic spikes.

Its very possible entry hazards will be location dependent, and Stealth rock will only cover the field if you are in the middle during triple battles, similar to how Exploison and Earthquake work in triple.

I was wishing for an effect that raises secondary effect activation chance and I got it!
They've been granting quite a few of my wishes just not in ways I expected (such as an Atk/SpA boosting move that turned out to be Growth V2).

However, unless the Oath attacks can be combined somehow in singles (seems unlikely) this will be multiples only.
It's a pretty big mechanic to be limited to double and triple battles so I guess they're really continuing to shift the competitive emphasis.

Maybe this Ring of Fire deal will be considered a weather effect and will not stack with sandstorm/hail.

Ring of Fire just sounds like Fire Spin but the whole field on the opponet's side take damage rather than a single target, and minus the traping effect (assuming).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Am I the only one here suspicious of this?

We have a mere one picture, and it's waaaaaaay too early for a CoroCoro leak. Not only that, but the actual addition of combination moves seems ridiculous in itself.

Something's fishy.

Edit: Wow I'm blind serebii says they confirmed it.

Well shit. How on Earth did they get a CoroCoro this early?

Am I the only one here suspicious of this?

We have a mere one picture, and it's waaaaaaay too early for a CoroCoro leak. Not only that, but the actual addition of combination moves seems ridiculous in itself.

Something's fishy.

Edit: Wow I'm blind serebii says they confirmed it.

Well shit. How on Earth did they get a CoroCoro this early?
This is Corocoro Special, a bi-monthly spin off. Corocoro is still due out on the 15th.

Seems like a lot of work to set this stuff up, and unless Jirachi or Togekiss get a flinch move that hits all 3 opponents, none of this is really that gamebreaking. Should prove to be a pretty wild metagame though. @___@

19 daysss.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seems like a lot of work to set this stuff up, and unless Jirachi or Togekiss get a flinch move that hits all 3 opponents, none of this is really that gamebreaking. Should prove to be a pretty wild metagame though. @___@

19 daysss.
Togekiss gets Twister, which hits two opponents. Not totally gamebreaking, but you're still disabling two opponents every turn.

(Well, to be fair, it'd be an 64% chance of disabling both, since Twister's flinch rate is only 80%.)

Togekiss gets Twister, which hits two opponents. Not totally gamebreaking, but you're still disabling two opponents every turn.

(Well, to be fair, it'd be an 64% chance of disabling both, since Twister's flinch rate is only 80%.)
It is 20% normally. 64% chance of disabling one and 16% chance of disabling both, I think.

Also, I think the combination attacks will add much more strategy to the VGC, makes me look forward to it even more now.

Also, I think the combination attacks will add much more strategy to the VGC, makes me look forward to it even more now.
Maybe that's why I've been really unenthusiastic about this game. I'm not really crazy about double battles, and triple battles look to be completely not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)