Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've posted here once or twice, but mostly I lurk these forums... and I just wanted to say thanks for all the help that you all dish out on a regular basis.

Thanks to you folks I was able to RNG my enigma stone Latias.
31/6/31/30/31/30 HP FIRE 70!

Now it's time to EV train. :D :D

So yeah... DFTBA, smogonites!

(Don't Forget To Be Awesome, for all those who haven't seen the Vlog brothers on youtube)

What I was asking was how to make my ID/SID combo so that when I turn on the game, get in game and run around in the grass I can OFTEN get a shiny pokemon. I do not want/need them anything else besides shiny.

Sorry for the last paragraph being all jumbled up.

What is RSEdecode?

I was calibrating my Pokemon Platinum and here's what I got.

Seconds: 6 Delay: 614
Seconds: 6 Delay: 600
Seconds: 8 Delay: 600
Seconds: 6 Delay: 604
Seconds: 7 Delay: 602

Can I determine my average delay/seconds from this or should I do it a few more times? (I was mashing A the whole time, btw.)

Edit: How am I supposed to calibrate HGSS? There are no Wild Pokemon over Level 50 there.
New page

I was calibrating my Pokemon Platinum and here's what I got.

Seconds: 6 Delay: 614
Seconds: 6 Delay: 600
Seconds: 8 Delay: 600
Seconds: 6 Delay: 604
Seconds: 7 Delay: 602

Can I determine my average delay/seconds from this or should I do it a few more times? (I was mashing A the whole time, btw.)

Edit: How am I supposed to calibrate HGSS? There are no Wild Pokemon over Level 50 there.
I suggest doing it 10 times in total, as that is a wide variety of seconds and delays.
You could determine, but it'd be more of guessing rather than totally determining.

for HGSS go to Mt Silver, run around the grass outside the Pokemon Center. If you have an AR use the "Check IV's/EV's" code and check it there. If not, catch it, level it up with rare candies as much as you can, and input the data from there.

Edit;

What I was asking was how to make my ID/SID combo so that when I turn on the game, get in game and run around in the grass I can OFTEN get a shiny pokemon. I do not want/need them anything else besides shiny.

Sorry for the last paragraph being all jumbled up.

What is RSEdecode?
No such thing as an ID/SID that produces shinies more common than others without Abusing.
You still have your "you getting struck by lightning" chance of finding a random shiny no matter your ID/SID.

Okay so I verified that I hit my initial seed (FINALLY) by doing the coin flip trick.

Now it needs me to do 14 taps and 3 more flips. My question:

Do I need to first do the remaining 3 flips (I'm still on the coin flip app after verifying my initial seed) OR do I go to the happiness check FIRST do the taps AND THEN go back to the Coin flip app and do the remaining 3 flips.

Also when I go to the happiness checker IIRC that counts as a tap? since they all jump when you go to happiness checker app. Hopefully someone can help quickly

I'm trying the Shiny Egg Finder method by the way.

I'm used to doing it the old fashion way.

Okay so I verified that I hit my initial seed (FINALLY) by doing the coin flip trick.

Now it needs me to do 14 taps and 3 more flips. My question:

Do I need to first do the remaining 3 flips (I'm still on the coin flip app after verifying my initial seed) OR do I go to the happiness check FIRST do the taps AND THEN go back to the Coin flip app and do the remaining 3 flips.

Also when I go to the happiness checker IIRC that counts as a tap? since they all jump when you go to happiness checker app. Hopefully someone can help quickly

I'm trying the Shiny Egg Finder method by the way.

I'm used to doing it the old fashion way.
It's been a while since I've done it (like 8 months or so since I've frequented smogon) but I always proceeded forward (up) through the apps, checking my seed, then doing taps first, and ending with flips. I don't think it matters as long as you only flip to the happiness checker once, because it advances the frame every time you do.

Edit: DON'T count flipping to the happiness checker as a tap. That additional advancement is already factored in by the program.

It's been a while since I've done it (like 8 months or so since I've frequented smogon) but I always proceeded forward (up) through the apps, checking my seed, then doing taps first, and ending with flips. I don't think it matters as long as you only flip to the happiness checker once, because it advances the frame every time you do.

Edit: DON'T count flipping to the happiness checker as a tap. That additional advancement is already factored in by the program.
wait so how exactly did you verify your seed without coin flips?

EDIT: OMG It worked!!! Lol This is just so much easier then going through all those TAPS and FLIPS. Now I just have to RNG for the IVs :) Thanks for the input though. It does make sense that the order of Flips or taps doesn't matter since all your really doing is advancing the RNG by using the app :) Thanks again. I saved infront of the old man so I can SR for IVs now woot!

Where can I find a guide/tutorial on how to RNG for Egg IVs with Pikatimer? I have managed to RNG the correct Nature/Gender/Ability, but I'm having no luck with the IV process.

Ok I have a shiny pread and I'm getting ready to RNG the regis. I have a spead selected, so what do I need from it? What do I do from here? Here it is...

PID: 19bb6bf9 (CAREFUL, ability 1) 30/31/29/29/30/2 (Seed: 580102ae Method 1: 5379, J (synch): 5364, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 5364, K (no synch): None) HP BUG 57

Ok I have a shiny pread and I'm getting ready to RNG the regis. I have a spead selected, so what do I need from it? What do I do from here? Here it is...

PID: 19bb6bf9 (CAREFUL, ability 1) 30/31/29/29/30/2 (Seed: 580102ae Method 1: 5379, J (synch): 5364, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 5364, K (no synch): None) HP BUG 57
you just rng the normal way, enter the seed in rng reporter's seed to time, hit your delay, advance that many frames and it will be shiny when you encounter it. and also, good luck:)

Ok I have only done RNG breeds so I'm new to this, so am I trying to hit this? 5364, J (no synch) or what frame am I going for? Sorry I haven't done a catch project yet. And what is the frame formula?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thank you so much just one more q. When I use the coin flip trick, does that affect how many journal flips I do? If so how much?
no, coin flips affect the IRNG (the RNG that controls stuff like egg nature, shininess, etc) so it has no effect on journal flips which affect the LCRNG, which controls stuff like the nature and IVs of wild pokemon.

Alright so I'm doing my frame calibration now. I just want to verify the steps since the guide sort of confuses me:

1. Save infront the man when he has the egg (I already RNG for Shiny/Nature/Ability) so I know all that will be correct.
2. Turn off the DS and set the date at least two days ahead with a "Captured Pokemon" on at least one of my Journal pages. (What if that message is RIGHT on the journal page that pops up, would that count as a RNG advancement or does that not count)
3. Start the game and once it starts up with the journal popping up I need to exit and collect the egg as quick as possible.
4. On RNG Reporter under Method choose "Breeding DPPt"
5. Then I need to hatch the egg. After doing so I need to catch a Pokemon and find the initial seed from the CAPTURED Pokemon.
5. Once I find the seed I click ok and then press generate.
6. Find the frame that from the baby's IVs.

Is all that correct? Just want to clarify this is the way to Calibrate your frame.
Also does using rare candies (A Lot) to level up the Pokemon (which is the only way I can check the IVs on Metalkids since I don't have an AR) mess with the advancement at all. Should I catch the Pokemon AFTER I hatch the egg or AS SOON as I obtain the egg from the old man?

Sorry for all the questions you guys O_o...

If the journal page with capture/defeated pops up, it does add 2 to your frame.

It does not matter if the egg hatches before or after you capture a wild pokemon. After collecting the egg, just go north and capture something or fly to a place with level 48 or so pokemon and catch something.
Rare candies work just fine.

So if I want to begin getting Shiny eggs, do I need to have anything besides my ID and SID? And do I need to have a specific SID to get Shinies?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is my first rng and surprisingly [/sarcasm] I'm having problems. Heres my problem:
I'm trying to rng timid flawless latias (I checked it's legal) in the enigma stone event. I am using RNG reporter and pika timer. My seed is d2140289, my delay is 639, and the time is 2010 March 31, 20:58:59. Pika time is set up as follows: Calibrated Delay:502 Wanted delay:639 Calibrated Second: 14 Wanted Seconds: 59. I start the time and pika timer simultaneously, enter soulsilver when timer 1 ends, and press continue when timer 2 ends. When I search the elm calls on rng reporter's elm search,they are so off a message pops up that says no matches, so I don't know what seed I'm actually hitting.
Sorry for posting every little bit of data, but I don't know where I went wrong, so I figured
post everything.
Argh I calibrated it, and while my calibrations were off, I'm still not hitting my seed and I have no elm response... Just to make sure, you do check your elm calls before you advance to your frame right?

Argh I calibrated it, and while my calibrations were off, I'm still not hitting my seed and I have no elm response... Just to make sure, you do check your elm calls before you advance to your frame right?
I've never used the pikatimer, only emloop, but shouldn't you enter the game world and then SR when the first timer ends, then hitting continue when the second one ends? Not sure if that's what you meant in your original post.

Shurokun: Breeding just requires you know your ID/SID. It doesn't matter what it is as long as its accurate.

King Emerald: Don't set wanted second at 59. With a low delay, reduce it to 14 the same as your calibrated second or 20 if you want a bit more time. Make sure you enter in your roamer's location (if you have any) before saving the game.

And on a note: Calling Elm to verify your delay also advances your frame because each Elm call = +1 to your frame. Also, if you calibrated beforehand and they were "off" not sure what you mean, but that doesn't sound good if you got varying results.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
King Emerald: Don't set wanted second at 59. With a low delay, reduce it to 14 the same as your calibrated second or 20 if you want a bit more time. Make sure you enter in your roamer's location (if you have any) before saving the game.
Still nothing :(
@ riddlinkid
I'm pretty sure I'm accomplishing the same thing as you SRing at timer one and continue at timer two, but thanks anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)