Pokémon Black and White - Ingame Discussion

So I had a weird experience last night: I was looking for monkeys in the forest before Hiun City when I came across a shiny. I threw a Quick Ball and was holding A - the ball had one shake and then *click* shiny was caught.

Other people on GAF are reporting the same thing with holding down A, but we can't nail down the timing for it.
OH? That sounds neat, because I can confirm such a situation as well. I haven't been able to recreate it since so I didn't bother to post about it, but having someone else confirm this makes it all the more interesting o.0

Also, I agree that real men use dragons :)

OH? That sounds neat, because I can confirm such a situation as well. I haven't been able to recreate it since so I didn't bother to post about it, but having someone else confirm this makes it all the more interesting o.0

Also, I agree that real men use dragons :)
Wow that sounds unbelievably familiar to rby and gsc, there was a timing to it that made it 100% accurate catch I believe. To this day I still do the same thing, but to no avail.

What I think is cool about this generation is the fact that any moving NPC can be a trainer. Wild double battles are nice. I have some favorite pokemon (Yooterii <3). The only problem is that I don't know how to pronounce the city names...
Code:
1 Badge.
Team: Well, a lot of Japanese Pokes. Let's see if I can find their names
Mijumaru, lvl 14
Haaderia lvl 16
Minezumi lvl 10 (HM Slave)
Baoppu lvl 13
Shimama lvl 8 (Frail!)
Dangoro lvl 10

So I had a weird experience last night: I was looking for monkeys in the forest before Hiun City when I came across a shiny. I threw a Quick Ball and was holding A - the ball had one shake and then *click* shiny was caught.

Other people on GAF are reporting the same thing with holding down A, but we can't nail down the timing for it.
Wow if that is back then it's extremely sexy!

I just cleared the 7th gym and, SPOILERS INCOMING, saw N flying on Reshiram, i really wish i could understand what's going on...

Are you guys getting the US version when it comes? I am :D

7 badges now. Seems like the levels are a fair bit higher in this game than the previous. Especially wild pokemon levels improved.

Party:
Code:
Swanna Lv. 36
- Surf
- Air Slash
- Boiling Water
- Roost

Doryuuzu Lv. 37
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-scissor
- Claw Sharpen

Mebukijika Lv. 45
- Jump Kick
- Wood Horn
- Megahorn
- Return

Ranpuraa Lv. 42
- Purgatory
- Will-o-wisp
- Bursting Flame
- Evil Eye
Infinite TM's is my favorite change so far.

I´m trying to catch Furijio(the Ice mirror/snow flake pokemon). Is it in the room with the ice rock in the mine or somewhere else?

Where do I get hold of a water stone?
surf near hodome city (near earth gym)

Playing Pokemon White,
I am with 7 badges but don't know what to do next. After wandering around for several hours I went to the tombs again, and then fought with a few plasmas guys. Then Cheren appeared and I got a Hihidaruma, and i DON'T know what to do to get to the 8th city. There's a stupid castle in my way blocked by 2 plasma boys.

My team so far:

Kojondo lv 47 Nickname: Omor (lol I don't know what to do to evolve it)
Jarooda lv 43 Nickname: Pokem (final grass starter evo)
Shinboraa (Weird Flying Scarecrow dude) lv 43 : Nickname: Alua
Victini lv 45 Nickname: Akail
Shibirudon (the abyssal electric fish with levitate) lv 42 Nickname: Bordo
Tsunbear (ice bear) lv 41 Nickname: Degel

:

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Have cleared seven gym.

My team:
Daikenki Lv. 51
Zorua Lv. 17
Shinpora Lv. 22
Furiijio Lv. 31
Moguryuu Lv. 24
Minezumi Lv. 8

Computer:
Yooterii
Boappu
Tabunne
Kurumiru
Tamagetake
Bachuru
Tesshido
Shibishirasu
Kumashun
(10th Movie Raikou)

Kojondo lv 47 Nickname: Omor (lol I don't know what to do to evolve it)
Jarooda lv 43 Nickname: Pokem (final grass starter evo)
Shinboraa (Weird Flying Scarecrow dude) lv 43 : Nickname: Alua
Victini lv 45 Nickname: Akail
Shibirudon (the abyssal electric fish with levitate) lv 42 Nickname: Bordo
Tsunbear (ice bear) lv 41 Nickname: Degel
Kojofuu evolves into Kojondo at level 50, so you're close. Some of the level evolution requirements in this game are crazy-high.

Route 4 (4番道路)

Beru stops me in the gatehouse on my way out of the city, and challenges me to a battle. Her first Pokemon, a level 18 Haaderia, is basically a redux of the second gym leader battle, with me relying on Take Down recoil to wear down its HP. Nageki falls to a Take Down crit, but Beru has used 2 Super Potions up to this point, and Darumakka manages to burn with a Fire Fang. Next is Beru's level 20 Futachimaru (フタチマル), who suffers a slow, sleepy death to Churine. Third up is her level 18 Munna, perfectly countered by Kurumiru (but not before being put to sleep by Yawn), and last up is her level 18 Boappu, met swiftly with Otamaro.

Cheren is also waiting just outside of the city, and he challenges me to a battle as well (why do these always come in pairs?). His first Pokemon is a level 20 Mamepato, who doesn't get a chance to do much of anything because Darumakka's Fire Fang burned it on the first attack. Darumakka stays in to fight Cheren's level 20 Yanappu, and OHKOs with a Fire Fang. Cheren's third Pokemon is a level 20 Reparudasu (レパルダス), whom Nageki wears down with Seismic Toss. Last is his level 22 Chaobuu (チャオブー), who was 3HKO'd with sandstorm damage even by Otamaro's Bubblebeam, and had a Sitrus Berry to boot, so it was a 4HKO (while Otamaro barely escaped a 2HKO with sandstorm by Nitro Charge). For whatever reason, Chaobuu kept using Defense Curl, which gave me a couple of free attacks. Darumakka finishes the KO with Uproar and sandstorm damage.

Where the route branches off to the east along an asphalt path, a building at a turn along the path has a worker that gives me TM28 (Dig). Further along the route, I enter even deeper into a desert.

Rizooto Desert (リゾートデザート)

I do a whole lot of exploring in this area, as there are a lot of items scattered about. In the northwest corner of this map, I find a Heart Scale.

I also find a hidden Stardust in the corner of a patch of bare ground surrounded on 3 sides by rock and 1 side by sand (in addition to a not so hidden one in a pit somewhere in this map). In the southwest corner of this map is TM39 (Rock Tomb) and a Fire Stone. I spend a bit of time here looking for some higher leveled wild Pokemon, also going into a small structure in the northwest corner of the map. I capture a level 22 Meguroko, a level 21 Desumasu (デスマス), a level 22 Ishizumai, and a level 20 Shinboraa (シンボラー). I also capture a level 16 Meguroko with Intimidate so I can Intimidate shuffle against tough opponents. At the north end of the map, I enter the small structure surrounded by weird blue helmets.

Kodai no Shiro (古代の城)

My purpose here is to obtain a fossil. I have to navigate around the one on the far left, though, which necessitates a trainer battle. An archeologist past the second quicksand pit offers me a choice between 2 fossils, and I choose the second one (which will revive into Aaken (アーケン)). A man at the end of the route does not let me pass, so my work here is done for the time being. Before I leave, I capture a level 20 Meguroko with Intimidate for more potential Intimidate shuffling.

Route 4 (4番道路)

Araragi and Cheren stop me in the north gatehouse and give me 10 Ultra Balls. I stop here and teach Dig and Rock Tomb to Meguroko and Dig to Ishizumai.

Raimon City (ライモンシティ)

Upon entering the city, I see 2 Plasma grunts harassing an old man. The old man turns to me for protection... which pits me against a Plasma grunt. He has a level 18 Miruhoggu (who is surprisingly slower than Meguroko) and a level 18 Yabukuron (ヤブクロン), both of whom are easily KO'd by Meguroko. In exchange, the old man gives me a Bicycle (woop!). Beru shows up and mentions something about a musical, then runs off. I follow Beru to the musical hall, meet the owner, and engage in some shenanigans that I can't be bothered to understand. Outside, Beru is arguing with her father until the gym leader, Kamitsure (カミツレ), appears and convinces him to leave. Unsure of what to do, I exit the city to the west to explore a little bit further.

Route 5 (5番道路)

I don't find much to do here - I try to avoid as many trainers as possible and collect the items, which doesn't really contain anything of note. I do encounter and capture a level 22 Reparudasu here, though.

Raimon City (ライモンシティ)

I try to walk into a large building east of the Pokemon Center and bump into a blue-haired girl with pigtails, who gives me a Vs. Recorder. I head to the east section of town and am stopped by N, who takes me on a ride in a ferris wheel (this is kind of creepy). He then challenges me to a battle once we exit. His first Pokemon is a level 22 Meguroko, whom I immediately Fake Out with Reparudasu and switch to Ishizumai to help finish off the KO. Next up is a level 22 Darumakka, which Ishizumai 2HKOs with Knock Down (うちおとす). N's third Pokemon is a level 22 Zuruggu (ズルッグ), whose typing is troublesome for my current team, hitting 5 members SE - I send in Desumasu and burn it, then stall with HP recovery and fire off Night Shades. Last is a level 22 Shinboraa, easily dispatched by Reparudasu's Fake Out and Pursuit attacks.

Conveniently, the gym is located in the same part of the map. The trainers here are super annoying (there are a bunch of Emongas (エモンガ) with Double Team, and Meguroko 3HKOs with Rock Tomb), but it helps that Meguroko has the Overconfident (じしんかじょう) ability and 2HKOs the switch-in. Enemy Shimamas are easily OHKO'd by Meguroko's Dig.

Despite being warned in advance, I did not find Kamitsure to be very tough. Her first Emonga used Volt Change (ボルトチェンジ) to her second Emonga against Desumasu, while Desumasu burned the switch-in. I immediately switch to Meguroko to prevent further Volt Changes and to restore Desumasu's HP. Meguroko and Emonga duke it out with Rock Tombs and Aerial Aces, and Kamitsure uses 2 Hyper Potions on Emonga before it faints. I switch Desumasu back in to combat her first Emonga, whom I immediately burn and then repeat the previous strategy on. For her last Pokemon, Zeburaika (ゼブライカ), I Intimidate shuffle 3 times with my other Megurokos and switch in the Meguroko with Dig for a 2HKO. Upon defeat, Kamitsure gives me TM72 (Volt Change).

Code:
Party Pokemon:
Pokemon      Lv. Nature   HP  Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Meguroko      22 Docile    56  39  21  24  24  38
Desumasu      21 Adamant   53  24  44  27  36  20
Ishizumai     22 Bold      60  35  52  24  23  36
Reparudasu    22 Lonely    65  52  24  43  33  52
Meguroko      16 Naive     46  32  17  19  15  27
Meguroko      20 Relaxed   53  34  22  19  21  32

Other Pokemon:
Pokemon      Lv. Nature   HP  Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Shinboraa     20 Naive     61  34  39  47  34  53

Some of the level evolution requirements in this game are crazy-high.
How true is that. The Fire/Bug Pokemon evolves at level 59, lol.

So, I'm in the Victory Road, a bit lost, and these are my Pokes:
- Shanderaa (The Ghost/Fire) Lv. 45
- Dageki (Blue fighting poke, with Jolly nature :D) Lv. 48
- Doryuuzu (The mole with big claws) Lv. 45
- Daikenki (Water starter evo) Lv. 45
- Monozu (Dragon/Dark poke, hope this guy don't go to Ubers) Recently catched, Lv. 40
Suggestion for my last Poke?

Melfice_Cyrum said:
^Darn, rare? Oh well, He's still pretty awesome. I definitely think I'll use him. Hm. Fire Monkey is definitely not bad, and there's an in-game trade so I can get Doredia.
Oh, I found a Kojofuu at Victory Road.
And I can't use the Fire Monkey, already have pokes weak to water, ground and rock, :/
The new add to the team was Monozu, gives me immunity to Psychic, and ground in the future. :D

Can I just say what a BEAST Negeki is? The slow, bulky no-evo judo fighter? I mean, seriously.

I'm three badges in, and only using two Pokemon right now until I find Hihidaruma's first form, the water/ghost, and Denchura's first form (Wotter's just an HM slave). And honestly, it got to the point where I decided to just give Negeki the amulet coin, my Morguryuu the EXP Share, and more or less single play until Morguryuu evolves. There isn't an opponent once so far where Negeki isn't the better choice. No attack on either side bothers him a bit, and he hits like a truck.

Awesome.

I'm at the Elite Four but I can't beat any of them. Here are my Pokemon so far:

Lvl 40 Archaeos (bird fossil)
Lvl 39 Zeburaika (electric zebra - mainly used to paralyse things)
Lvl 40 Daikenki (water starter)
Lvl 43 Dageki (blue fighting dude)
Lvl 40 Onondo (2nd evolution of Ononokusa)
Lvl 34 Kurimugan (random dragon)

I don't really want to grind and really regret not fighting all those trainers in the past but its too late. How do I beat the Elite Four with this team?

I'm at the Elite Four but I can't beat any of them. Here are my Pokemon so far:

Lvl 40 Archaeos (bird fossil)
Lvl 39 Zeburaika (electric zebra - mainly used to paralyse things)
Lvl 40 Daikenki (water starter)
Lvl 43 Dageki (blue fighting dude)
Lvl 40 Onondo (2nd evolution of Ononokusa)
Lvl 34 Kurimugan (random dragon)

I don't really want to grind and really regret not fighting all those trainers in the past but its too late. How do I beat the Elite Four with this team?
moves for each poke?

Just hit them hard and fast, spam X-Items if they are still in B/W. X Items are great, get your Onondo and spam X Items on it. Dragons are great as Dragon Claw isn't resisted as much. Spam X Defenses and X Special Defenses, then just DD up. Spam Potions too.

moves for each poke?
Lvl 40 Archaeos (bird fossil) - Fly/Rock Tomb/Dig/Crunch
Lvl 39 Zeburaika (electric zebra - mainly used to paralyse things) - Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Nitro Charge/Volt Change
Lvl 40 Daikenki (water starter) - Surf/Aqua Jet/Waterfall/Revenge
Lvl 43 Dageki (blue fighting dude) - Brick Break/Bulk Up/Dig/Strength
Lvl 40 Onondo (2nd evolution of Ononokusa) - Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/False Swipe/Shadow Claw
Lvl 34 Kurimugan (random dragon) - Dragon Claw/Surf/Crunch/Dig

Just hit them hard and fast, spam X-Items if they are still in B/W. X Items are great, get your Onondo and spam X Items on it. Dragons are great as Dragon Claw isn't resisted as much. Spam X Defenses and X Special Defenses, then just DD up. Spam Potions too.
Problem is I have no money. Maybe I should just sell all my items, think Masterball is worth quite a lot. I don't think spamming X Defenses on my Onondo does much because it already gets OHKOed and if I use 1 X Defense, I'll be on Red and have to keep spamming Potions but the opponent will just keep attacking me. Maybe I'll paralyse them first...

breh

強いだね
Ok so I'm about to challenge the elite four; I need to grind though.. (in the room of victory cliffside with the doctor).

Waterfrog (Water/Ground (Swift Swim, I think); Drain Punch/Sludge Bomb/Surf/Aqua Ring)
Leafbug (Grass/Bug (there's never been any sun and it's never in Swarm's range... so I have no clue of its ability lol); Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Protect/Slash; going to replace one of the latter two with SD)
Musharna (Psychic (Synchronize); Psychic/Moonlight/Calm Mind/Yawn)
Emboar (Fire/Fighting; Brick Break/Nitro Charge/Heat Stamp/Strength; going to switch Strength for Wild Bolt)
Elamprey (Electric (Leviate); Wild Bolt/Coil/Crunch/Brick Break)

All are around 44 but Elamprey; Elamprey is WAAAAY overlevelled because I wanted to teach it coil and then evolve it. Thus, I grinded it up to 54. My team is not far from success!

Just completed the main game with a team of

Warubiaru (Nicknamed "Carol")
Gochiruzeru (Nicknamed "Marly") (5 character limit :/)
Mebukijika (Nicknamed "Lea")
Zeburaika (Nicknamed "Lacey")
Kojondo (Nicknamed "Luke")
Swanna (Nicknamed "Stu")

Really enjoyed it, but.......what do I do now?

Okay so I'm in the fifth town now, I explored the piers and entered a business building and beat everyone on both the 47th and 55th floor, they gave me two items what are they?

Also I entered this building near the left of town with a bunch of scientists and books scattered around, I talked to them and they asked me a bunch of questions (which clearly I didn't know what they were saying since I can't read Japanese) and when I tried to leave this lady stopped me, made me talk to her, and I just answered something off of a list.

Anything notable I should do in this town before I progress? Is there a gym in this city?

Is there a Vs. Seeker in-game? o.O I hear the post-game level boosts are ridiculous (60s-70s) so I'm sure there's a way to grind easily, right?

RANDOM SHET!!!

Well I just beat the 3rd gym and caught a Victini.

[Pokemon Black] Victini
Quiet / Genderless / UT lv. 15
0-6 / 7-13 / 20-26 / 0-6 / 20-26 / 14-19

<My team so far>
- Water type starter (lv. 25)
- Electric Zebra (lv. 24)
- Fire monkey (lv. 24)
- Fighting type with the wood (lv. 24)

So, I was wondering where I could find a fire stone other than that scientist in Hiun(?) City (I accidentally chose leaf stone because I suck at Japanese)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)