Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If you're using Diamond or Pearl, there's really no way to control whether the delay is odd or even. It's very annoying, and I would definitely recommend Platinum/HG/SS if possible.

If you're using Platinum, then you can change the delay from odd to even or vice-versa by removing/inserting a GBA game or raising/lowering the year by 1.

If you're using HG/SS, then use RNG Reporter's Seed to Time feature to find your seed/delay, and if your delay is even and you need it to be odd or vice-versa, then you can change it by scrolling to the bottom of the "Continue"/"New Game"/etc. menu and back up before selecting "Continue."
Okay, Well, my delay is an even number (1208)
So if I'm getting odd delays, will scrolling all the way down at the very bottom of the Continue screen and then back up to the continue slot make the odd delays that I'm getting into even numbers?

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok this might be a very stupid question but please excuse me cause I am new to RNG. Is it possible to hit your second but miss your delay ?? Because I am pretty sure that I hit my seconds perfectly but my coin flips reveal I hit a wrong delay. I tried 3 times then I quit.

I can't find any info for abusing Wonder Cards in HG/SS. I am guessing I am just overlooking it though. Can someone link me, or PM me and explain how to do it, please?

Ok this might be a very stupid question but please excuse me cause I am new to RNG. Is it possible to hit your second but miss your delay ?? Because I am pretty sure that I hit my seconds perfectly but my coin flips reveal I hit a wrong delay. I tried 3 times then I quit.
Yes, very easily. Delay is 30 times harder to hit than seconds. three tries generally isn't enough.

I want to RNG my Jirachi but I'm not quite sure I understand how to do it. I know it's a wondercard Pokemon so I need to put that in RNG reporter tab. Do I need to look for spread with JavaRNG? If someone could explain me step by step how to do it, by PM/VM or here, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys. I started to RNG abuse about two weeks ago (a user named Buba has helped me a alot, and I'm very grateful to him). I have only RNG'd legendaries in Platinum, actually I catched all 18 legendaries of Platinum with perfect IV's (with the exception of things like Pokemon with a specific Hidden Power). Yesterday I started to RNG Jirachi (it's the SMR2010 Jirachi with Draco Meteor, haven't picked it up yet from the Delivery Man). I'm trying to get a Timid Jirachi with Hidden Power Ground 70, but for some reason it's IV's are completely random every time.

I use the seed 5c160382 and my target frame is 46. As far as I'm concerned, I do everything correctly: I use Method 1, there is one legendary Pokemon roaming at the moment in my save (Mesprit to be accurate), my journal pops up immediately when I press "continue save", there is only one wandering NPC in the Pokemart I'm in (Jubilife City), I pick up Jirachi immediately after closing the Journal (I've saved the game right in front of the Delivery Man) and I do the Journal Flips (22) immediately when I hit "continue save". I've gotten the right delay for this something like 10 times but every time Jirachi's IV's are completely random. Could someone please help me with this one?

Congratulations! I'm still hunting my Rayquaza, I missed my delay by 1. :P

If you ever need it cloned, or need any other Poke Balls of any sort, let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Has anyone had a problem with roamers in Platinum advancing the frame inconsistently? I was going for a WonderCard Jirachi on seed FB100958, frame 26, and I had Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres roaming. Here are what my frame advancements should have been if I understand correctly:

+3 (Roamers)
+22 (11 Journal pages)
+1 (WonderCard on frame 1)
= Jirachi on frame 26

However, multiple times, after hitting my seed, the Jirachi I got was on frame 27. I've tried multiple different saves (making sure to save while the lone wandering NPC was still) and I always button-mash to speak to the man as fast as I can. Even with the wandering NPC, I never had the problem of getting the wrong frame when I used 1 roamer and 12 Journal pages.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Congratulations! I'm still hunting my Rayquaza, I missed my delay by 1. :P

If you ever need it cloned, or need any other Poke Balls of any sort, let me know, I'll be glad to help.
You need to change your delays from even to odd. Based on what you said on my thread, you want an odd target, but you're getting even delays. This means either put a Gen 3 game in the GBA slot to force the delay to odd, or scroll down to the wifi gift screen and go back up to game continue (works only on HGSS if you have enough time on your countdown).

I have a question about ID/SID abuse. This will be my first time doing it for a group of spreads rather than just 1.
If I use the PID of one of the spreads in a group ( I found a grouping that had 5 different spreads in it). I will only need to use one of those PID's to make them all shiny, or do I have to choose just 1 PID for only 1 of those shiny?

Edit: Nevermind, found the answer.

In bell tower, how many frames were advanced between getting up the ladder to talking to Ho-oh?
None, I believe, but when RNG'ing for him, you're supposed to save in front of him, as you can call Elm from the roof top.

I have a question about ID/SID abuse. This will be my first time doing it for a group of spreads rather than just 1.
If I use the PID of one of the spreads in a group ( I found a grouping that had 5 different spreads in it). I will only need to use one of those PID's to make them all shiny, or do I have to choose just 1 PID for only 1 of those shiny?
I suggest finding the PID of a particular spread you want shiny, using that PID in Pandora's Box to generate an ID/SID combo, and then searching PokeRNG for shiny spreads using that ID/SID combo.

Edit: leeward, it shouldn't advance any frames.

What am I going to do after I select 'Wondercard IV's' in RNG reporter? Is there a specific tab in Time Finder I need to fill out? The Wondercard IV page by Mingot is obviously for D/P/PT.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What am I going to do after I select 'Wondercard IV's' in RNG reporter? Is there a specific tab in Time Finder I need to fill out? The Wondercard IV page by Mingot is obviously for D/P/PT.
doesn't mater you could still use the spreads there for HGSS, excpet now the Cerulean and Fuschia City markets are available as markets without moving NPCs, and you're using the Pokegear for frame advancement (ex: Elm Calls, Joey calls, radio advancements)

Plug in your seed and generate. There's no difference between HGSS and DPPt. I don't know what you'd be using time finder for. If you're talking about finding a spread to use, I suggest using PokeRNG and searching all natures (enter any non-nature text) and the IV spread you want.

Edit: Nexus is fast.

doesn't mater you could still use the spreads there for HGSS, excpet now the Cerulean and Fuschia City markets are available as markets without moving NPCs, and you're using the Pokegear for frame advancement (ex: Elm Calls, Joey calls, radio advancements)
So just put the seed in the main box (Hex) then, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)