Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me(along with many other people) very sad....

I think this is the only nerf that came of this generation. And when you consider how much stall teams were probably going to struggle because of all the new pokemon and moves, I guess this is one of few blessings given to them so they don't have to worry about the Heatran as much, among others.

This makes me(along with many other people) very sad....

I think this is the only nerf that came of this generation. And when you consider how much stall teams were probably going to struggle because of all the new pokemon and moves, I guess this is one of few blessings given to them so they don't have to worry about the Heatran as much, among others.
Wall Pokemon don't get a finisher move after they're done with their job. It hurts walls just almost as much as offensive physical users of Explosion.

Walls want to wall. They want to be there and be alive as long as possible. explosion hurt them more than helped them, because even certain users such as forretress wouldn't resort to them if they had a better emergency move for random situations.

Stall wants to keep all six of their pokemon while slowly wittling down on the opponent's side with residual damage. By keeping all six pokemon, they keep all of their counters/ checks for random pokemon that may appear. With Explosion damage essentially halved, the core of stall teams(usually involving Blissey) gets a huge boost since now they don't have to worry about randomly losing their special wall.... which they still have to worry about, just not as much.

Using explosion on stall is working very against the strategy.

It helps prevent them from being set up baits. Bronzong, Forretress and Claydol are all free Gyarados +1/+1 baits.

Or you could run a check to Gyarados that beats it when it gets +1/+1 rather than downing yourself a pokemon that could be useful later.

Let's say a player runs Forretress as that Gyarados stop, like your suggesting. In that case, what happens when they bring another pokemon that you used Forretress as your stop for? Sure you can improvise and beat that, but likely you'll take a shitload of damage before it's all over. Not to mention what happens when they have a third pokemon as well: sure it's all "what-if" theorymons, but these scenarios are the kind that Hyper Offensive teams try to create and take advantage of.

There is always the option for those walls to Explode when your team does not have a counter for that specific threat. Exploding saves a lot of people's hides. Gyarados is not a good example. Say against a CM Cune with rest, after one CM, it is very hard to kill, especially when its late game. I guess Memento is a new alternative.

I always preferred to suicide via destiny bond, myself. Hits through subs, and you don't have to worry about ghosts/steels/rocks taking the hit. You may have to play some mind games, but that's no big deal. The only downside is that it's not as widely spread as explosion, and there's only like two fast users of the move.

consider this: prior to this didn't you assume that any pokemon faced that COULD run explosion DID run explosion? didn't you always keep a ghost or protect guy around 'just in case'?
with the new situation explosion is going to be quite a bit rarer but for those who DO still pack it (yes, you Metagross) it will probably be more effective than ever since the counters will be less common.
so yes, this hurts guys like Gengar, Electrode & Weezing but for Custsap berry wielding tanks like Metagross this is probably a blessing in disguise.

Yes. Explosion was way too potent a tool. Great to see it got nerfed.

This also explains why my Nattorei does crappy damage with it. I thought something was up. Frees up a moveslot, at least.

I just hate that blissey has got it even better. I really hate blissey. It forces you to always keep at least one physical attacker alive.

Explosion is still the highest BP move in the game plus with stab,adaptability, band, or silk scarf it can do massive damage but it's not the OHKO move it used to be unless u find a pokemon with high base atk like metagross to abuse it.

consider this: prior to this didn't you assume that any pokemon faced that COULD run explosion DID run explosion?
No, I didn't actually. In fact the only poke I consistent worried about explosion on was Azelf (and the occasional metagross but honestly not as much there).

didn't you always keep a ghost or protect guy around 'just in case'?
No, I did not keep a ghost around or protect around "in case of explosion". I might have had a ghost on my team or protect on my pokes (depending on the team) but the ghost was to absorb Close Combats/Dynamic Punch/Fake Outs and the Protect was for toxic/leftover/wish stall generally.

Am I the only one here who actually likes Bliss, she's so cute and fat :) Anyway If your having SOOO much trouble with her why not; oh idk BRING A COUNTER! And IMO the only time to use explosion is when the pokemon is low on health and can't recover it's self(it would have been death fooder anyway)

There are far more effective ways of dealing with Blissey than exploding on it. (My favourite is Subcharge Lanturn. Makes a complete mockery of Skarmbliss.) Explosion is more useful for taking out offensive threats, in my opinion. Most of those have considerably less bulk than Blissey. I'll still run explosion, cause as a last ditch attack, Explosion still out damages any other attack you'd replace it with.

still an option as it still hurts but not lie it did in gen 4 were it OHKOed almost everything not resistant.
Are you serious? -____-

Explosion doesn't halve the defense of the opponent anymore so it no longer does the godly damage that a suicide bomber should do.

Well, now pokemon that have the potential to set up and sweep your team no longer have to worry about explosion... GF really seems to buff up Blissey every gen. And now Banded/ Mixed/ Support Camerupt is completely ruined...

Why would anything bother with explosion? Even suicide leads could most likely do as much damage with another powerful STAB, plus there's another moveslot freed up. I mean, whenever an opposing wall (eg. nattorei) uses explosion, its a relief: It will hardly ever KO and their wall is gone, leaving me free to sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)