Vexxing, isn't it?

The dreaded first lines of a warstory ever "Hey this is my first warstory and..." Well that's what you're getting. I've been a lurker for quite awhile and play quite frequently in-between bouts of me tearing out my own hair. This is a team I'm currently running to try and ladder so I can get into that sexy little voting booth and ban the hell out a third of my own team.

For privacy I've removed my opponents name. Please excuse %'s errors ranging from 1-5%ish usually. Had to do the math myself so I probably screwed up here and there thanks to all the hazards.

Hope you guys enjoy reading it, this was a bitch to write. I suddenly have a lot more respect for warstory writers...

VS

Battle between ??? and Vexatious started!

Tier: Standard OU
Variation: +24, -7
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Vexatious sent out Gengar!
??? sent out Roobushin!
(100%) VS
(100%)

Alright, right off the bat I've put myself into an interesting position. I expected him to lead with Tyranitar or Nattorei for early setup, each of whom Gengar can handle pretty easily. Unfortunately he most have seen Darkrai in my lead spot and sent out Roopushin to scare him off.

Now I run a Life Orb Gengar with Destiny Bond so this is good and bad. Roopushin is forced to use payback here, but without the boost on his end I'm not sure he can get a clean KO which means Destiny Bond won't revenge. If I chose shadow ball I could at least deal damage but still wouldn't get a KO but still leave me down Gengar. Not wanting to bring out Skymin to early, I move into Skarm for some quick setup.
Start of turn 1
Vexatious called Gengar back!
Vexatious sent out Skarmory!

The foe's Roobushin used Payback!
It's not very effective...
Skarmory lost 18 HP! (5% of its health)
Skarmory restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%) VS
(100%)
Pretty much what I expected. Skarm shrugs off the payback and heals back up to Sturdy with his leftovers. Being able to eat Drain and Mach punch as well as whirlwind away a bulk up, Roopushin is pretty screwed against Skarm. He might also have feared Brave Bird (which I do not carry) but it doesn't matter what he intends to do. I'll take a free Stealth Rock to start the momentum going.
Start of turn 2
??? called Roobushin back!
??? sent out Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Skarmory used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around ???s team!
The sandstorm rages!

(100%) VS
(100%)
Got my Stealth Rock up but this is a rarity, Tyranitar coming in willingly. This, to me, means one of two things. Either it's a bandtar with Fire Punch (like my own who happens to tear Skarm a new hole if he's not ready) or a setup variant carrying Fire Blast. I doubt he wants to get locked into a choice move just now so I assume the latter. Fortunately I still have Sturdy proof and am a greedy bastard looking for more setup. I'll gladly let skarm drop to fodder for spikes.
Start of turn 3
The foe's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Vexatious's team!

Skarmory used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of ???'s team!

The sandstorm rages!
(100%) VS
(100%)
Now this surprised me. I'll assume he expected me to switch and save my Skarm for later and took the chance to set up his own rocks. Now that I have a layer of each however, it's really no longer worth it to take a fire attack to the face for another layer of spikes. Looks like it's off to my pseudo-special wall, my own Tyranitar to eat the hit.
Start of turn 4
Vexatious called Skarmory back!
Vexatious sent out Tyranitar!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar used Fire Blast!
Tyranitar lost 41 HP! (10% of its health)
The sandstorm rages!

(77%) VS
(100%)
Alright, pretty good! Tyranitar eats that like a champ and saves Skarm from a crispy dinner platter. The problem here is my Tyranitar is slower than balls and his most likely is carrying either Superpower or Earthquake (both which will ruin my day). So my presence here is pretty much a bluff at a scarf set. Regardless of what he chooses to do, Gengar should be safe unless he expects me to switch and takes another blast or a stone edge at me.
Start of turn 5
??? called Tyranitar back!
??? sent out Roobushin!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Roobushin!
The foe's Roobushin is hurt by spikes!

Vexatious called Tyranitar back!
Pointed stones dug into Gengar!

The sandstorm rages!
Gengar is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Roobushin is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Roobushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(79%) VS
(93%)
Well shit. He was scared of my Tyranitar but his Roopushin has nothing to fear. To be honest I should have expected that and now, for my ignorance, we're back to square one. I really want this guy gone so Skymin is preferred here while he can come in on a weak payback.
Start of turn 6
Vexatious called Gengar back!
Vexatious sent out Shaymin-S!
Pointed stones dug into Shaymin-S!
Super Mario Bro is watching the battle.

The foe's Roobushin used Payback!
Shaymin-S lost 90 HP! (26% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Shaymin-S is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Roobushin is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Shaymin-S restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Roobushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(50%) VS
(88%)
Skymin comes in successfully, but in hindsight I should have just gone to Skarm and either set up more spikes or whirlwinded away his counter. Ah well, Skymins out there now. I think about subbing but without leech seed I can't risk lowering my health, I really need Skymin alive to take care of roopushin later. Since I know he's going to get the hell out of there, I decide to Seed Flare to hit whatever comes in hard which I'm hoping is a Tyranitar or Doryuuzu to resist my Air Slash.
Start of turn 7
??? called Roobushin back!
??? sent out Nattorei!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Nattorei!
The foe's Nattorei is hurt by spikes!

Shaymin-S used Seed Flare!
The foe's Nattorei lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Sp. Def. sharply fell!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(50%) VS
(94%/-2sp.def)
Definitely the best move choice by my opponent, Nattorei eats everything Skymin has. However, I got that ever important special defense drop. If he starts to setup I can beat him down with 2(usually)Air Slashes after the drop with or without flinching. Although he can switch back out and eat Air Slash, I can't risk another seed flare with it's risky accuracy and PP especially if he's going to throw spikes my way.
Start of turn 8
??? called Nattorei back!
??? sent out Doryuuzu!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Doryuuzu!
The foe's Doryuuzu is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Doryuuzu is floating on a balloon!
Shaymin-S used Air Slash!
The attack of Shaymin-S missed!

The sandstorm rages!
(50%) VS
(84%)
There's that doryuuzu I wanted to see earlier! He's on a balloon which makes things annoying. What's worse is I miss popping the damn thing too. My team is pretty Doryuuzu weak and focuses on porygon2 beating it really. However, Skarm like the beast he is can take anything the mole throws at him. Skarms coming out to say hello!
Start of turn 9
Vexatious called Shaymin-S back!
Pointed stones dug into Skarmory!

The foe's Doryuuzu used Rock Slide!
Skarmory lost 51 HP! (15% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
(81%) VS
(84%)
Hell yeah, wall that shit skarm. Just stand there like a boss, with no attacks or anything. Don't worry it's cool I still love you and hate you at the same time you cheap ass metal bird.

Alright that aside, some Doryuuzu's like to try to fight Skarm which is pointless and others run. Either or, more spikes for me while I can.
Start of turn 10
The foe's Doryuuzu used Rapid Spin!
Skarmory lost 7 HP! (2% of its health)
The foe's Doryuuzu blew away Spikes!
The foe's Doryuuzu blew away Stealth Rock!

Skarmory used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of ???'s team!

The sandstorm rages!
(87%) VS
(84%)
Well...that's news to me. I wasn't aware doryuuzu even had rapid spin let alone ran it. Kind of sucks losing rocks like that but thanks to his fast ass, I got more spikes down.

Now here is where I decide to be a bastard. Since he's faster, he can only spin what I laid down the previous turn. Knowing that most of his team doesn't really care about spikes, I'd much rather have a layer of rocks down. Once I lay those down I can switch to gengar to block his spin and keep my rocks where they belong.
Start of turn 11
Skarmory lost 7 HP! (2% of its health)
The foe's Doryuuzu blew away Spikes!

Skarmory used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around ???'s team!

The sandstorm rages!
(91%) VS
(84%)
Skarm keeps healing up as doryuuzu keeps spinning around like a top. Part 1 successful, lets see if Gengar can do his job.
Start of turn 12
Pointed stones dug into Gengar!

It had no effect!

The sandstorm rages!
(59%) VS
(84%)
Bingo bango got to keep my rocks. Now this is a problem for me. Gengar can't keep coming in and out like he is, Skarmory is repetitive and accomplishes nothing, and most of my other pokemon are screwed over by doryuuzu. Porygon 2 can beat it one on one but I can't just throw him out there and hope to still win it. Rock slide coming from a non-banded non-sworded Doryuuz is pretty weak though. I carry focus blast for things like Tyranitar and steels so it's looking like Gengar is taking a dive. Once he's down porygon 2 is going to have to do some crazy shit.

Sorry buddy, best of luck out there. Look on the brightside though, your already dead right?
Start of turn 13
The foe's Doryuuzu used Rock Slide!
Gengar lost 135 HP! (51% of its health)

Gengar used Focus Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Doryuuzu lost 84% of its health!
The foe's Doryuuzu fainted!
Gengar is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!
Gengar fainted!

??? sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!
(0%) VS
(0%)
5-5
(79%) VS
(87%)
Jesus tap-dancing christ! Gengar you beautiful thing you! That knockout is beyond helpful for my team. With doryuuzu out of my face I can breath a little easier and set up more spikes knowing they'll stick around.

Back to Skarm since he can eat just about anything thrown at him. My opponent must have thought the same thing, as obvious as I am big surprise, and sends out his Latios to put a stop to things. Shit.

Skarm needs to get out of there before he gets wrecked by a specs anything. I know it can be fatal to ever assume a choice lock but I've never seen Latios without it. I'm expecting either a strong ice beam or an HP electric to fry my steel bird. Both of which Tyranitar can take and scare away with a choice banded pursuit. Hell yeah.

Start of turn 14

Vexatious sent out Tyranitar!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar!

The foe's Latios used Surf!
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 238 HP! (58% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Latios is buffeted by the sandstorm!
(6%) VS
(79%)
FUCK well that sucks. Another slip on my part, I forgot surf existed and Tyranitar pays the price on that one. He's pretty crippled and I can't safely switch around anymore. Sorry buddy, you can pursuit if you feel like it but your down for the count.
Start of turn 15
The foe's Latios used Surf!
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 25 HP! (6% of its health)
Tyranitar fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Vexatious sent out Porygon2!
Pointed stones dug into Porygon2!

Porygon2 traced the foe's Latios's Levitate!
(0%) VS
(71%)
4-5
(87%) VS
(71%)
Alright porygon2 time to avenge your comrade. I run a weird porygon2 with special attack investment and three attacking moves with his pre-evo stone. Turns out pretty beast. Thought I expect Roopushin to rear itself, Ice Beam is my strongest move and coincidentally can KO Latios. Ice Beam blindly porygon2, for great justice.
Start of turn 16
??? called Latios back!
??? sent out Nattorei!

Porygon2 used Ice Beam!
A critical hit!
The foe's Nattorei lost 34% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
Porygon2 is buffeted by the sandstorm!
(79%) VS
(62%)
Nattorei rears his face again and eats a heavy crit. First bit of hax on my end but it's not really that useful. Though, most people don't expect HP fire to the face so I'm hoping he trys to setup expecting the usual ice beam/discharge/toxic/recover set.
Start of turn 17
??? sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!

Porygon2 used Hidden Power!
The foe's Latios lost 8% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
(71%) VS
(43%)
You. Cheeky. Bastard. How he saw that coming I have no idea. Touche salesman, touche indeed. I'm in a bit of a pickle now and there's most definitely a meteor coming my way. Skarm, time to wall shit up with your resistances and what not!
Start of turn 18
Vexatious called Porygon2 back!

The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
Skarmory lost 206 HP! (61% of its health)
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Skarmory fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Vexatious sent out Shaymin-S!
Pointed stones dug into Shaymin-S!
(0%) VS
(35%/-2sp.att)
3-5
(23%) VS
(35%/-2sp.att)
Holy hell I did not see that coming. Skarm goes down hard and I already miss him. Only way that could hit that hard is specs which makes skymin faster. Hopefully he expects a modest set on my end and maybe he runs timid. Regardless its time for an Air Slash.
Start of turn 19
The foe's Latios lost 36% of its health!

The foe's Latios flinched!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Latios fainted!
??? sent out Roobushin!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Roobushin!

(23%) VS
(0%)
3-4
(23%) VS
(75%)
Alright Skymin you whore! Serene Grace is wonderful, although it just made up for a low damage roll on my end. Out comes roopushin for a revenge kill. Skymin is trapped thanks to rocks and outsped thanks to mach punch. It was nice knowing you, thanks for taking down latios man I respect that.
Start of turn 20
The foe's Roobushin used Mach Punch!
Shaymin-S lost 52 HP! (15% of its health)

It's super effective!
The foe's Roobushin lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Roobushin fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
??? sent out Tyranitar!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar is floating on a balloon!
Super Mario Bro stopped watching the battle.
(8%) VS
(0%)
3-3
(8%) VS
(87%)
You're a freaking beast! How I lived through that I'm not sure. Skymin strikes back and rids me of another heavy threat. Tyranitar comes up and wants to play. Seed flare can't KO just yet so I really could Air Slash and hope for a flinch but I don't like risking nor relying on flinches. Seed Flare away, you've done good Skymin!
Start of turn 21
Shaymin-S used Seed Flare!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 80% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar's Balloon popped!
The foe's Tyranitar's Sp. Def. sharply fell!

The foe's Tyranitar used Crunch!
Shaymin-S lost 30 HP! (8% of its health)
Shaymin-S fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Vexatious sent out Darkrai!
Pointed stones dug into Darkrai!

(0%) VS
(7%/-2sp.def)
2-3
(87%) VS
(7%/-2sp.def)
Beautiful. Tyranitar is done to a sliver and Darkrai is ready to play. Mine is scarfed since he's usually my trick lead. I need to hit this guy before he kills me with something stupid like superpower. Focus Blast is overkill and can miss, trick is pointless. Dark pulse seems like the right move but no. He can't switch thanks to hazards but if he does i lose momentum to nattorei. Dark Void however can KO tyranitar AND cripple a switch at the same time. Go go gadget void!
Start of turn 22
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The foe's Tyranitar avoided the attack!

The foe's Tyranitar used Fire Blast!
Darkrai lost 127 HP! (45% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Darkrai is buffeted by the sandstorm!
(34%) VS
(7%/-2sp.def)
Well that just sucked. When you fall off the horse try try again right? Darkrai don't lose your focus now come on man.
Start of turn 23
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The foe's Tyranitar fell asleep!

The foe's Tyranitar is fast asleep!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Tyranitar has bad dreams!
The foe's Tyranitar fainted!
??? sent out Shaymin-S!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Shaymin-S!
(26%) VS
(0%)
2-2
(26%) VS
(75%)
There we go -.- Skymin finally appears. Luckily for me, he doesn't realize I'm scarfed. This is pretty much clenching the game for me if he trys to stay in. If he switches I have to move to porygon2 on a double switch and have to live through a seed flare which is as unlikely as me not flinching to a 2HKO from Air Slash. If he stays I practically win, if he switches he practically wins. However if he switches and I switch, I win. Weighing my odds I figure since he can't know I'm scarfed, he wont take the safest route and switch to eat my Dark Void. I just hope it hits...
Start of turn 24
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The foe's Shaymin-S fell asleep!

The foe's Shaymin-S is fast asleep!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Shaymin-S is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Shaymin-S has bad dreams!
The foe's Shaymin-S restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(18%) VS
(63%/sleep)
YES! Well that pretty much snags it. The rest is pretty standard. Going to switch into Porygon2 to threaten with Ice Beam/HP Fire and finish off his Skymin and Nattorei. Unless he stays in, wakes up, and fucks me I've got this.
Start of turn 25
Vexatious called Darkrai back!
Vexatious sent out Porygon2!
Pointed stones dug into Porygon2!

Porygon2 traced the foe's Shaymin-S's Serene Grace!
??? called Shaymin-S back!
??? sent out Nattorei!

The sandstorm rages!
(59%) VS
(56%)
Thankfully he did switch, no unlucky sleep timers for me today. HP fire for the win. Best move. Ever.
Start of turn 26
The foe's Nattorei used Protect!
The foe's Nattorei protected itself!

The sandstorm rages!
symphonyx64 is watching the battle.
(51%) VS
(64%)
Trying to get as much HP back as possible while withering me down by sandstorm for a powerwhip? Porygon2 is stronger than that take it elsewhere and burn.
Start of turn 27
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 46% of its health!

The foe's Nattorei used Gyro Ball!
Porygon2 lost 72 HP! (19% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
(32%) VS
(10%)
Shockingly he lives and uses Gyro ball. Well, regardless this is game now. I'm faster and he's in KO range. That and skymin is asleep. Lets do this P-GON.
Start of turn 28

The sandstorm rages!
(24%) VS
(18%)
Really...>>
Start of turn 29
??? sent out Shaymin-S!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Shaymin-S!

It's super effective!
The foe's Shaymin-S lost 38% of its health!
The foe's Shaymin-S fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
??? sent out Nattorei!
(16%) vs
(0%)
2-1
(16%) VS
(12%)
Odd choice of move here. Honestly I would have sacked Nattorei in favor of risking Skymin waking up and fighting back. He theoretically could have beat porygon2 and forced Darkrai to dark pulse and KO with Seed Flare. Lucky for me I suppose...odd. Good game man.
Start of turn 30

Porygon2 used Recover!
Porygon2 regained health!
Destroyer7d is watching the battle.

The sandstorm rages!
(58%) VS
(16%)
I take that back, that was mean don't waste time like that -.-
Start of turn 31
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 16% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei fainted!
(58%) VS
(0%)
2-0
Good Game Dude
Vexatious won the battle!
Vexatious: Vexxing isn't it

Well that's it from me. I'll prob edit in a props/slops later and what not after I decide who my MVP was (either Skymin or Porygon2...now sure D:) Hope you guys enjoyed, I'm tired as hell!

Hey Vex! I guess you finally found that warstory battle we were talking about!
It's cool to see how a different player faced the team that I fought just a couple hours ago.
Wait, since I was using another name.... you don't know who I am, do you?

I'll be adding critique as I read it, but it's late where I am (or... early, I suppose), so I'll be quick.

1) Skarm REALLY needs Brave Bird. It''s completely harmless without it. I would say over Stealth Rock, but unless you find another SR user, then replace Spikes
2) You should've known Dory has Rapid Spin. But since it's so rare on Dory, it's completely fine to assume it's not running it.

Moving on... I like the fact that you were ballsy enough to switch Gengar in on Dory. But I don't know why he kept Rapid Spinning. It should've been obvious after you changed to Stealth Rock that you were up to something. Whatever.

The mis-predicts with Skarm and TTar were kind of bad and they cost you. But you managed to come back from them.

Good moves by putting TTar into Bad Dreams range with Skymin. It probably is what let you win this match. I loled at "go go gadget void". lol. ScafRai is an interesting set, ad while it's not the most popular, it makes one hell of a revenge killer, even out-speeding Adamant Dory in the sand.

I've come to learn that although your Porygon2 set looks bad, it is not. It screwed me over in our matches today. I'm still curious why your opponent sac'ed Skymin at the end, as some luck would've allowed him to win. Still, nice ending. Porygon2 ftw, amirite?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for my actual rates:

Formatting: amazing, imo. easy to read, a little un-organized/messy, but excellent. 8.5/10
Battle: the battle itself wasn't a godly battle, but you managed to avoid picking a terrible one like most first-timers. it was good.... 6.5/10
Comments: you explained what you were going to do but not why... 6.5/10

You were hard to rate because I know you. I wanted to give you a bad rate and a good one a the same time. I erred on the side of harsh, though I naturally rate high.

Seriously though, you have sprites, remaining health, scores..... you actually did this correctly, for which I'm very happy.

Just wanted to point out that his Tyranitar couldn't have been banded since it was floating on a balloon.

Anyway not bad, good planning/format and whatnot, some unfortunate plays (switching Tyranitar into a surf) but otherwise enjoyable.

Generally nice playing, though there were some unfavourable misplays (switching Ttar into Surf, but you couldn't help that), and the fact that you didn't know Dory could RS was a bit of a let-down, but you played around it good enough.

The commentary was enjoyable and gave, IMO, a good description of your though progress. Lay-out was great.

One of the better Gen V warstories as of yet. 8.5/10

It was a pretty good warstory.You made some mistakes like not knowing Dory has Rapid spin and Latios dsn't use Hp Elec OR Ice beam >:....Your opp also foddered Robu for no reason at all which could have easily won him the game..But yah it was your first warstory and pretty decent.Gl if you dont it again.
7/10.

that was an interesting battle and your format and commentary is pretty good...i enjoyed reading it...8/10

At the end i am guessing he was hoping you didn't run recover (thou what P2 doesn't i don't know) as 2 turns of sand would kill you giving him 50/50 chance to win with double protecting. First turn sleep wake up is 12.5% or 6.25% iirc, but by far his best chance was like you said and not to switch when he got slept as he'd wake before Bad Dreams killed him, and since he was outsped it had to be scarfed. Giving him 2 chances to wake up.

Not bad at all. Much better than some of the others I've read and the format made it easy to read. Ah Skarmory, you truly are a cheap ass bird. 7/10

Well, I am happy. You are one of the few users who actually pay attention to the things we want in a war story. You must have been reading the older war stories in this board and saw us crit the heck out of them.

Your commentary was awesome in the beginning. However, as the battle dragged on it became much more lazy and less interesting. I can understand why though, as writing a war story takes up MUCHtime and you probably wanted to speed things up as you were writing it. In some cases, (as a previous poster said) you DIDN'T explain why you were doing your actions. But overall, really decent.

The battle itself was pretty good. Nice predicting here and there. I WAS wondering why you switched in Gengar on Doryuzu. I mean, it was a good plan except for the part where you get gengar in... I was saying to myself, "and then what?" But holy cow, him surviving with only like 5% hp and OHKOing dory was AMAZING. Best turning point of the battle. If Gengar didn't survive that, the outcome would have been very different.

A couple of mispredictions, and you not knowing dory could rapid spin... Slops.

Overall, formatting was great, battle was mostly amazing, and commentary started off awesome (and then slowly deteriorated).

8.5/10. GREAT JOB on your first war story. This is one of the better gen 5 war stories. Just a few minor edits to some things and it would be perfect.

Very good warstory. There were a couple errors and the formatting could be cleaned up a little, but excellent commentary and battle. Finally we get something nicer than the other warstories that have been on here.

8/10

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey Vex!

This was actually a pretty good warstory. Good Battle, Good comments and good playing all around.
Formatting could use some spacing, but it wasn't that detrimental. Always nice to see Some P2.

8/10

Also Bonus points for not making your title hax related.

PS: Why didn't you destiny bond Roobushin when your Gengar came in the 2nd time?

first half: 10/10
second half: 6/10

Honestly, this was an interesting (though not outright amazing) battle, with a few good predictions and exciting misplays, and your commentary during the first half was everything I could've wanted out of a warstory. Just add more about what you were thinking during the second half and this warstory will go from good to great.

first half: 10/10
second half: 6/10

Honestly, this was an interesting (though not outright amazing) battle, with a few good predictions and exciting misplays, and your commentary during the first half was everything I could've wanted out of a warstory. Just add more about what you were thinking during the second half and this warstory will go from good to great.

This. Exactly how I felt. As I said before, if only he could polish the commentary on the second half this war story would be golden for a first time war story poster.

Wow I'm shocked this got such good reviews o-0 Thank you very much guys, seriously.

I'll start off with explaining why it started to suck after a certain point. I started writing this at 2am and I was wide awake but by the end it was 4:30am and I was just trying to get it posted before I shut down my laptop for the night x-X Kinda got locked into finishing before I fainted to bad dreams myself xD Since you guys seem so happy with the first half I'll probably run back through it and add some more commentary.

What I appreciate most is the comments on structure/format. I love reading warstories, and to me, a bad format can ruin it so I tried to make it as nice as possible. Good to see that two hours paid off!

As for Doryuuzu with rapid spin, he is one of the few pokemons I never looked at a setlist for. I just used to slap on EQ/SD/X-Scissor/Rock Slide and call it a day with balloon and every Dory I ran into did the same. I really should look into things like that more. Though in hindsight I probably would have still gone to Skarmory expecting either a dance, x or slide on my skymin so it would have just been in the back of my head nagging me (to the right decision but yaaah...>> xD)

As for Ttar with Balloon...wow I did not realize that in the slightest throughout the entire match. I never expect, nor even look for, balloon on anyone but that damned mole. It's a good thing he didn't get advantage over it. Would have made that fire blast all the more likely though.

I think I'm running out of things I needed to respond to but I may just be growing daft... Why he dropped Roopushin there, I can only assume he thought Mach Punch would kill me (which is what I thought was going to happen too.) To be honest I would have gone into his skymin before Roopushin but maybe his was modest and was afraid mine was timid? I'm not really sure but Roopushin was a thorn in my side the entire game and would have stayed that way if he was smart about it.

Ah as for Destiny Bond on Roopushin round 2, I knew I was forgetting a comment. I really wanted to keep him alive for Tyranitar and Nattorei as his Focus Blast decimates them while I had other options still for taking down Roopushin. Looking back on the whole warstory I probably should have (disregarding the Doryuuzu moment) so I'd call it a mix between an err in judgement and my love for my gengar's life (or unlife?)

Lastly almost missed that one on HP Electric! Once more I only pay attention to pokemon's movesets I encounter rather than the smogon suggested (unless I'm intending to use that pokemon and make a build) and out of the three times I've fought Latios (shockingly not that often) Skarmory has gotten fried by a super effective HP and lost 50-65% from either specs or orb so I was kind of conditioned to fear it. Good to know that's obscure though, means I can keep skarm is most of the time and roost of the damage just to scout what move he's using. Thanks!

Well anyway I think I just wrote more in the comment box then the actual warstory so once more, thanks for reading and I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! Any questions/comments I'm happy to answer. Also, so long as good battles keep coming I'd like to keep making these, but I don't really want to spam the boards with warstories (since I play an unhealthy amount every day I could realistically get at least one worthy match a day) so i'll probably give it some time before I make another. With the rest of this I'll work on adding in some more flavor to the commentary especially near the end now that I'm awake and alert. Also a slops/props section as I promised. Thanks again!

P.S: You gotta be Horatio since you're the only person I talked to about yesterday about making a warstory xD I wanted to do our battle but the ending was a little less risky and just more straight forward but we should battle more again and see what comes out of it!

P.S: You gotta be Horatio since you're the only person I talked to about yesterday about making a warstory xD I wanted to do our battle but the ending was a little less risky and just more straight forward but we should battle more again and see what comes out of it!
GASP! How did you know? lol

This warstory was pretty good. The comments were well done and showed what you were thinking clearly. A decent battle with some predictions and exciting misplays also aided my enjoyment. Good luck in the future.

Good story. The format was nice, but not terribly organized (but i don't really care, i could still read it). The commentary was good, but you didn't really tell us why you chose what you were going to do, only that you were going to do it.

also, towards the beginning of the battle, when your skarm uses SR when your opponent switches out roop for ttar, you mention his name. if you wanted to keep him anonymous, you should probably edit out "pointed rocks float around golden sun's team"

Lastly almost missed that one on HP Electric! Once more I only pay attention to pokemon's movesets I encounter rather than the smogon suggested (unless I'm intending to use that pokemon and make a build) and out of the three times I've fought Latios (shockingly not that often) Skarmory has gotten fried by a super effective HP and lost 50-65% from either specs or orb so I was kind of conditioned to fear it. Good to know that's obscure though, means I can keep skarm is most of the time and roost of the damage just to scout what move he's using. Thanks!
HP Electric might be rare, but I think HP Fire is pretty common on Latios; so your Skarmory is still likely to get roasted. (Just by fire rather than lightning.)

I'm pretty sure that's an HP Fire on the Latios you've been facing, in order to take care of Nattorei, which isn't on concern list for 4th Gen builds, obviously.

I thought your warstory and commentary was great.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The commentary, your playstyle, and the reasoning behind your moves are all to my liking. Make more of these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)