Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@khz: Do what I do; colour pick the problem colour on the right arm, click "Edit colours", make it a few shades darker, and then Fill tool the new colour in. Doesn't look good? Just go back and make it lighter/darker. Simple. Hope I helped :>.
Ok thanks, will keep it in mind for later.

And now for my second attempt at sprite editing (correct terminology I hope):

Salamence posing as Dragonite.

That's called a disguise as long as no part of the shape of the outline was altered. Nice job on it.
Oh lol I know its a disguise, I was talking about calling it a sprite, which I was corrected on in my first post. As I understand it, I can call it a sprite if the outline is changed (so a fusion, scratch etc). Since I didn't I referred to it as "sprite editting."

Here's the first sprite I've done in awhile. The original request was Zekrom/Charizard/Golem, but I threw in rayquaza and forretress for good measure

Oh lol I know its a disguise, I was talking about calling it a sprite, which I was corrected on in my first post. As I understand it, I can call it a sprite if the outline is changed (so a fusion, scratch etc). Since I didn't I referred to it as "sprite editting."
You're first one was a sprite. Homeslice meant to say that it wasn't a fusion, not that it wasn't a sprite. Technically, anything is a sprite as long as it is pixel art and not saved as a .jpg

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Holy shit that scizor pic is amazing. I'd happily use it if it weren't already taken.

Did you draw it yourself? Could you do other pokes?

Okay, hopefully someone can help me here.

I usually make my own avatars, like my current breloom one (do you like it?) but now I want to make an animated one.

I have a video clip that I want to convert into an animation. Gif I think, but I'll take whatever smogons parameters will allow. I found a couple of programs, but one kept crashing, and the other added a WATERMARK!!

If I upload/link you to the vid, could one of you please help me out?

So i'm like really old school when it comes to gifs but this is how i make 'em from video clips... (totally the wrong way so you probably shouldnt listen to me)
I screen cap the video at whatever frames I want, than take the screened into photoshop and cut out the part I want and place it into a new canvas in imageready. Then I just put each frame on a different layer & frame of the gif animation.

SO INCORRECT THERE MUST BE AN EASIER WAY.
did I mention I'm still using imageready? 7.0? lol derp

Depends on the kind of devamp. That looks like it was styled to Gold/Silver, not Red/Blue, so two color palettes is reasonable. Devamps are usually scratched sprites though.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
...and see how GS uses different colour pallets.
Badly.

You might also want to consider changing the shading to be more GSC-like. It' hardly a shading improvement, but you are going for that kind of look in a devamp so I guess you should do it.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What do you mean?
Take a look at some GSC sprites. The shading is often close to the outline rather than spread out across the body. I can't really explain it, but you'll notice when you take a look.

Whoa, Lh. I really like that Darkrai Ho-Oh (and whatever else is in it) mix. Your devamp is really good too, especially for a first try. I'd recommend making it look slightly more cartoony to fit the style of RBY a bit better.

Also, I've never seen an oversgade...what are they, and how do I do them?

I've been thinking of creating a runescape sprite project. Runescape is a online MMORPG with a medival theme. The sprites in runescape just suck though (example below).

They try to pass this for this

The problem is there are over 6 thousand items and that means 6 thousand sprites in runescape and the sprites are only 30 x 30 pixels. Should I start a runescape sprite project and if I do will you guys help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)