Zoroark

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but besides spiritomb, you can use sableye. Zoroark can use nasty plot w/o revealing itself b/c most would believe it's a mischievous heart sableye. You can use substitute as well, although it probably be as efficient as using nasty plot. There are also other non-attacking moves both sableye and zoroark can learn. Sadly, once it attacks, the jig is up b/c zoroark will most likely attack first, something sableye can't do. at least, like spiritomb, the fighting weakness is hidden.

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but besides spiritomb, you can use sableye. Zoroark can use nasty plot w/o revealing itself b/c most would believe it's a mischievous heart sableye. You can use substitute as well, although it probably be as efficient as using nasty plot. There are also other non-attacking moves both sableye and zoroark can learn. Sadly, once it attacks, the jig is up b/c zoroark will most likely attack first, something sableye can't do. at least, like spiritomb, the fighting weakness is hidden.
Except for the fact that almost(if not absolutely) no one will use Nasty Plot on Sableye. Because it is too slow and weak to accomplish anything with that boost(Trickery bypasses the power problem a bit but still).
Your best bet is probably to switch Zoroark(in Spiritomb disguise) into something that will most likely switch(and doesn´t attack you while you switch in, so you can get a NP in the switching freeturn. Also, with Tomb you don´t have to rely on a DW ability that might never be released. Also something worth thinking about.

Considering that not every Pokemon can learn every single move in the game(Smeargle doesn't learn Chatter, so shut up), its obvious something is wrong if you do something that the Pokemon that you are imitating can't do.
Yeah, something is wrong for the opponent if your "Charizard" just killed their Slowbro with Night Burst.

Keeping Zoroark in disguise past the first attack does virtually nothing, and if you go as far as to copy an entire moveset, your Zoroark is basically useless. It just gets walled and countered by the exact same counters that your disguise would.

Spiritomb might be a nice disguise because it's setup bait, so you can Sword Dance up and then Sucker Punch the opponent.

Has anyone tested a fake tears set? I used a fake tears Jolteon last gen sometimes and it really helped force switches and hurt counters that my opponents thought would beat Jolteon easy. does it have any advantages over a nasty plot set when nasty plot is available?

Has anyone tested a fake tears set? I used a fake tears Jolteon last gen sometimes and it really helped force switches and hurt counters that my opponents thought would beat Jolteon easy. does it have any advantages over a nasty plot set when nasty plot is available?
Well...it could make the other person switch...fake tears is for things without nasty plot,let's just leave it at that.

And night burst and dark pulse are a matter of preference...the disguise won't last long enough to matter...unless ur using something that accually uses dark pulse.

POP QUIZ: name five pokes who use dark pulse commonly!

Well...it could make the other person switch...fake tears is for things without nasty plot,let's just leave it at that.

And night burst and dark pulse are a matter of preference...the disguise won't last long enough to matter...unless ur using something that accually uses dark pulse.

POP QUIZ: name five pokes who use dark pulse commonly!
Lucario, Porygon-Z, Honchkrow, Spiritomb, Houndoom.

anything with access to it that could make use of a good Dark move, actually.

^ Nope. Ghost + Dark = virtually no coverage. And when Dark has STAB and Shadow Ball doesn't, Dark Pulse > Shadow Ball.

Yes, but there's no reason to use Ghost when you have Dark STAB. They hit the exact same things for supereffective.

In fact, their charts are nearly identical, except that Fighting types resist Dark and Normal types are immune to Ghost (both are walled by Dark and Steel). Adding a Fighting move to either one would give you great coverage, but there is absolutely no reason to tack on a Ghost move if you have Dark STAB, unless you have no other way to hit Fighting types.

In fact, even if you don't have Dark STAB, you'd probably want to use Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball anyway, unless you don't have the TM or have Ghost STAB instead, since running into a resistance is better than running into an immunity.

Ghost deals no damage to normal types, and Dark is resisted by Fighting. Otherwise, they have pretty much the exact same coverage. You're better off switching Shadow Ball with Flamethrower.

Edit: ninja'd on first point

Ghost deals no damage to normal types, and Dark is resisted by Fighting. Otherwise, they have pretty much the exact same coverage. You're better off switching Shadow Ball with Flamethrower.

Edit: ninja'd on first point
I know,but since he was saying Shadow Ball > Dark Pulse because Dark + Fighting is resisted by 2 super uncommon mons >.>

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In fact, even if you don't have Dark STAB, you'd probably want to use Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball anyway, unless you don't have the TM or have Ghost STAB instead, since running into a resistance is better than running into an immunity.
Normal-types are hit SE by Fighting anyway, so aside from a hypothetical Ghost/Normal (which would be completely immune to you) or Psychic/Normal, neither of which currently exist, Ghost/Fighting is strictly superior to Dark/Fighting, all else being equal.

Edit: forgot about Meloetta, but it doesn't seem very popular and you still get a neutral hit on it, better than Dark/Fighting against Heracross or Toxicroak.

I think this guy should be timid with a focus sash because of its frailty.
how about this

zoroark (timid) @ focus sash
4 hp, 252 sp.atk, 252 speed
NASTY PLOT
shadow ball
focus blast
flamethrower

well that's what I would do.

Well lets add on Tyranitar (Boah or Special Variants), Darkrai (For Ubers now), Sazandora, Heatran sometimes does, but thats effectively all.

Except for the fact that almost(if not absolutely) no one will use Nasty Plot on Sableye. Because it is too slow and weak to accomplish anything with that boost(Trickery bypasses the power problem a bit but still).
Your best bet is probably to switch Zoroark(in Spiritomb disguise) into something that will most likely switch(and doesn´t attack you while you switch in, so you can get a NP in the switching freeturn. Also, with Tomb you don´t have to rely on a DW ability that might never be released. Also something worth thinking about.
I think bluffing Sableye is extremely viable. Switch in on something like Breloom and set up a sub when they switch out fearing the WoW.

Normal-types are hit SE by Fighting anyway, so aside from a hypothetical Ghost/Normal (which would be completely immune to you) or Psychic/Normal, neither of which currently exist, Ghost/Fighting is strictly superior to Dark/Fighting, all else being equal.

Edit: forgot about Meloetta, but it doesn't seem very popular and you still get a neutral hit on it, better than Dark/Fighting against Heracross or Toxicroak.
(Girafarig)

I find a problem with Illusion wolf is that if you have a poke that resists the types for the wolf

it has to be last,

and once you switched the last poke with the wolf

ILLUSION'S EFFECT WILL NOT ACTIVATE D:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
(Girafarig)
Even more forgettable, as evidenced by the fact that I forgot about it.
I find a problem with Illusion wolf is that if you have a poke that resists the types for the wolf

it has to be last,

and once you switched the last poke with the wolf

ILLUSION'S EFFECT WILL NOT ACTIVATE D:
It's probably only going to work once anyway, so that's not a huge deal. And there's lots of Pokémon that resist its weaknesses, starting with every ghost-type.

Uh one whole page debating between Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse? Okay Zoroark is a Dark type and it wants STAB, and Dark isn't that bad an attacking type. YES Ghost + Fighting gets infallible coverage but I rather miss out on Heracross and Toxicroak and hit 50% harder with Dark Pulse on almost everything else. Anyway when facing a Zoroark you can't be sure of its identity so if you've planned your bluff well you wouldn't have Heracross and Toxicroak switching into you.

I think bluffing Sableye is extremely viable. Switch in on something like Breloom and set up a sub when they switch out fearing the WoW.
Subsititute is viable, I guess. I wasn´t thinking out of the box, just concentrating on Nasty Plot which is better executed in Spiritomb disguise.

@topic: I don´t think it´s a big deal if Illusion only works once. If you can nail a counter/check/whatever it´s called for your lategame sweeper, it has done it´s job anyway.

Fighting+Dark being walled by Heracross/Toxicroak is easily taken care of by the fact that Zoroark can learn Flamethrower, which should take care of both(assuming Dry Skin). And Zoro shouldn´t be using Ghost type moves anyway, because it is a Dark type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)