Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

:D Cool. But the chances of getting a female Snorlax, I believe, is only 12.5%? Like Riolu and Eevee. I remember when I was trying to get a female Eevee, I got a box full of Eevee's, but that's another story. Thanks once again.

hey I have a simple question. If I start playin my Soul Silver in a DS Lite and then, lets say, a month later, I decide to buy another DS Lite. Will I lose something?

it depends on how the DS saving system works. what i mean is that it depends if the game is saved on the DS or game cart. if its saved on the game cart then you dont lose anything.

what brings up the question: where is the game saved? i know consoles use a memory card but i dont know if the DS use a interior memory for game saving or the game cart got one already. i never had the chance to find out because the DS is too expensive to buy two around brazil.

edit: well athenodoros pretty much answered both of our questions at once.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
It is saved on the cart. It only matters if you start playing with Wifi, which I believe treats them as a unit. If you do not use Wifi, I can guarantee that there is no problem with changing.

Hey, guys. Long time, no see.

1. I've posted this thread a while ago, and it hasn't gotten any replies. Have I broken any rules or something, or is it just uninteresting? Here's a link:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84464

2. Is the Battle Fronteir in HG available when you beat the Elite Four, or do you have to go all the way through Kanto? I tried Googling it, but I got multiple answers.

3. Also, (this is a pretty dumb one) how do you change your avatar, catchphrase, and so on?

Edit: I see, but doesn't it say you shouldn't bump it after a certain amount of time in the RMT rules? Anyway, thanks.

Hey, guys. Long time, no see.

1. I've posted this thread a while ago, and it hasn't gotten any replies. Have I broken any rules or something, or is it just uninteresting? Here's a link:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84464

2. Is the Battle Fronteir in HG available when you beat the Elite Four, or do you have to go all the way through Kanto? I tried Googling it, but I got multiple answers.

3. Also, (this is a pretty dumb one) how do you change your avatar, catchphrase, and so on?
1- Well, try bumping it. It was very close to the 1st January and it may have something to do with that.

2- Yes, it is available after the E4.

3- Go to Quick Links on the top right corner of the page and click Edit Signature. At the left of the new page you'll have all the Edit possibilities

On the top left side, there is this USER CP, click it.
And on the left side( just read them all, lol. ), there you'll see Edit Signature, and then you can edit shit.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not to mention, you need a badge to put images in your signature, or have a custom title (Unless you do something special like win the Smog Trivia quiz in the case of Custom Titles).

Mawile Sets?

Mawile is my favourite pokemon but he lacks the stats
Recently i saw someone using a pain split mawile on youtube and it owned
Anyone know any good sets for mawile revolving around pain split?

Ah, thanks, guys. I'm just curious, how do you get a badge? And, @zdrup15, isn't it agains the rules to bump after so many weeks?

Edit: I finally got a post!

And here's a much more legitamate question: Where should I post an idea like this? It's not "simple" in any way, so I figure I should put it somewhere else. Unless it's okay here...

I was looking at the "Teirs" in the Pokemon section, and I couldn't help but notice how many NU's there are. In the Vth generation, there's probably only going to be more, as ex-threats, such as Snorlax, are forced to become UU, and that will cause a power creep in the UU teir. Some ex-UU will fall into NU territory, and it becomes even more crowded. This means that the NU teir will become more difficult to manage, so why not split it like the UU teir split in the Second-to-Third generation did with the UU teir? Plus, I have a hard time believing the likes of Charizard, Lapras, and Linoone are comparable to Beautifly, Unknown, and Delibird.

So, that's that. Also, is this a new idea? Or is there already a forum or thread for this?

And @corn36...I'll just agree to what everyone else said. There's not much I can add, except that you may want to combine Pain Split with Endure and a Salac/Custap Berry, but I doubt that'll make him/her fast enough for the former, and the latter will only last one turn.

Double Edit: Sorry, one last thing: can you adjust the Damage Calculator to work for Battle Tower play?

Triple Edit: Thanks, Athenodoros. I probably should've considered that...

Athenodoros

For badges: http://www.smogon.com/forums/faq.php?faq=smogon

I suppose the suggestion box would be best, But I wouldn't post that one. It has been discussed many times, but there are two problems:
1) Fifth gen doesn't even have UU yet, and we don't fully know what the tiers will look like. It is too early to discuss things below UU.

2) NU wasn't an official metagame in 4th gen. It isn't supported like the others are.

For the battle tower, yes you can. Just adjust the level to level 50, under one of the options menus or something.

See, I have a question about EV training. As I progress through the game, wont my team already be raisin their EVs while I level up and stuff?

Whats the best way to start it and how?

Athenodoros

Yes, they will. It is easier to not bother EV training until you have completed the storyline. Then you can use items and such, and train anywhere.

Counter Battle Team

So after my weeks of posts and research I feel I'm almost ready to do battle.

1.Electivire - @Life Orb
Adamant
Motor Drive
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp
-Cross Chop
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

(Simply on the team to hard counter Togekiss, chosen over Jolteon because Togekiss Def is poor by comparisson. Should OHKO with Thunder Punch)

2.Scizor - @Black Belt
Adamant
Technician
252 Atk/252 Hp/ 4 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Roost

(Scizor to hard counter the psychic Espeon, since I know all 4 moves for the Espeon and am aware they all do ineffective damage went with the swords dance Scizor setup. Left him with a Black Belt simply because I also have to KO a Weavile on the same team with Bullet Punch and didnt want to take any chances with a life orb)

3.Empoleon - @Razor Claw
Calm
Torrent
252 SpDef/160 Hp/92 SpAtk/ 4 Speed
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Yawn

(Empoleon to counter a Kingdra with max SpAtk, only other option I saw was Blissey, but looks soft and would take forever with toxic)

4.Swampert - @Focus Sash
Adamant
Torrent
252 Atk/160 Hp/ 92 SpDef/ 4 Speed
-Avalanche
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm

(Focus Sash Swampert to ensure I get my Earthquake off against Lucario, best option I see. No weakness to his move pool and STAB EQ is beast like)

5.Salamence - @Scarfed
Jolly
Intimidate
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Fly (thouht about Aerial Ace but I like having a flyer on the team)
-Crunch (Over flamethrower cuz with this setup FT suuuucks)

(Normally don't ever use dragon type but was kinda forced to since he is running Garchomp. Heard Salamence can survive any attack his chomp would have to offer after Intimidate then OHKO payback with Dragon Claw. Was also told Glaceon was a good hard counter but otherwise sucks for an overall team just in case he decides to switch his team up before we battle)

6. TBD thought about Cresselia or Dusknoir
Don't really like using legendaries, this is where I would like suggestions

This is a friend battle so don't care about tiers and he agreed to not use any legendaries but its okay if I do.

(Thought about a good fire type like Magmortar just in case he decides to switch his team up, but would be pretty useless if he kept it the same since I clearly have a lack of fire support)

Chose this squad specifically to counter

1.Togekiss (Use my Electivire)
2.Espeon (Use my scizor)
2.5 Weavile (Also use my scizor to Bullet Punch it)
3.Kingdra (Empoleon with max SpDef and almost Hp) because he is runnin Ice,Water,Dragon move set
4.Lucario (Swampert to OHKO with Earthquake and no weakness to his move pool)
5.Garchomp (Salamence to OHKO with Dragon Claw +Intimidate)

I made this thread to simply see what some of you might suggest as a good overall fit to this so far 5 pokemon squad.

You see I contemplated Cresselia because it works great against Kingdra and Lucario if it is Crunchless, with moonlight to restore HP and I could Psychic stall Lucario out. But the only two moves I know that he is usin on Lucario is Aura Sphere and Blaze kick. Was originally gonna use my Infernape for Lucario before I learned he could smash him with a potential ground move so went with a safer Swampert choice.

Magic Coat

I have a question about Magic Coat and it doesn't matter what generation it's in as I understand it changed a bit for V. Does the user have to first be damaged by the effect before it can be bounced back? In other words, I understand it reflects entry hazards now. That probably means that you would have to switch in, get hit and then use magic coat. Also,i f you switch in and get burned (for instance--maybe someone uses Will-o-Wisp), can you use Magic Coat to then reflect the burn on your next turn being it (Will-O-Wisp) was the last moved used? Finally, would it cure the burn as in, transfer the status condition?

Thanks so much! This is my first time ever posting. Everyone on here seems to know everything, so I know I will get the right answer! :)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about Magic Coat and it doesn't matter what generation it's in as I understand it changed a bit for V. Does the user have to first be damaged by the effect before it can be bounced back? In other words, I understand it reflects entry hazards now. That probably means that you would have to switch in, get hit and then use magic coat. Also,i f you switch in and get burned (for instance--maybe someone uses Will-o-Wisp), can you use Magic Coat to then reflect the burn on your next turn being it (Will-O-Wisp) was the last moved used? Finally, would it cure the burn as in, transfer the status condition?

Thanks so much! This is my first time ever posting. Everyone on here seems to know everything, so I know I will get the right answer! :)
Bulbapedia on Magic Coat said:
Magic Coat reflects any move that inflicts status ailments back at that move's user. For example, Leech Seed, Attract, or Thunder Wave will reflect back to the target. Teeter Dance is unaffected by Magic Coat.

In this generation, Magic Coat can reflect Teeter Dance. Magic Coat can also reflect entry hazards and moves like Taunt and Torment. Magic Coat reflects the same moves that Magic Mirror does.
Read the Bulbapedia Quote, it will help. It would also help to ask 5th Gen questions in the UT SQSA forum. But anyways, hope I helped, & welcome to Smogon.

Athenodoros

So after my weeks of posts and research I feel I'm almost ready to do battle.

1.Electivire - @Life Orb
Adamant
Motor Drive
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp
-Cross Chop
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

Good set. Not much to say, except that you should use Ice punch the first time you switch it in to Togekiss, because he will almost definitely switch to Garchomp.

(Simply on the team to hard counter Togekiss, chosen over Jolteon because Togekiss Def is poor by comparisson. Should OHKO with Thunder Punch)

2.Scizor - @Black Belt
Adamant
Technician
252 Atk/252 Hp/ 4 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Roost

Again, you can't go too far wrong with resisting all four moves. However, I would sub in Brick Break for Bug Bite. You will lose a STAB attack and the SE hit on Espeon, but you will be setting up on Espeon and you could do with the coverage.

(Scizor to hard counter the psychic Espeon, since I know all 4 moves for the Espeon and am aware they all do ineffective damage went with the swords dance Scizor setup. Left him with a Black Belt simply because I also have to KO a Weavile on the same team with Bullet Punch and didnt want to take any chances with a life orb)

3.Empoleon - @Razor Claw
Calm
Torrent
252 SpDef/160 Hp/92 SpAtk/ 4 Speed
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Yawn

Good option, but don't use Razor Claw. Go with lefties or something, for such a bulky Pokemon.

(Empoleon to counter a Kingdra with max SpAtk, only other option I saw was Blissey, but looks soft and would take forever with toxic)

4.Swampert - @Focus Sash
Adamant
Torrent
252 Atk/160 Hp/ 92 SpDef/ 4 Speed
-Avalanche
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm

Don't use Focus Sash. It will survive one hit from anything, but it would really like lefties as well, being so bulky with no recovery move. The set looks fine, if you want to go all physical. More popular is mixed, but this should do fine.

(Focus Sash Swampert to ensure I get my Earthquake off against Lucario, best option I see. No weakness to his move pool and STAB EQ is beast like)

5.Salamence - @Scarfed
Jolly
Intimidate
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Fly (thouht about Aerial Ace but I like having a flyer on the team)
-Crunch (Over flamethrower cuz with this setup FT suuuucks)

This thing will not counter Garchomp. Not in a million years. If you want a switch-in to Garchomp, use Bronzong or Skarmory, which resist his STAB moves.

(Normally don't ever use dragon type but was kinda forced to since he is running Garchomp. Heard Salamence can survive any attack his chomp would have to offer after Intimidate then OHKO payback with Dragon Claw. Was also told Glaceon was a good hard counter but otherwise sucks for an overall team just in case he decides to switch his team up before we battle)

6. TBD thought about Cresselia or Dusknoir
Don't really like using legendaries, this is where I would like suggestions

Well anything really. Perhaps something like a Dragon Dance Gyarados to get some of your own offense going, as well as As well as adding a few resistances. It is also a good idea not to just Counter-team, because it is slack, but also because he might just change his team. Gyarados would also allow Electivire to start his Motor Drive ability, and attempt a sweep.

This is a friend battle so don't care about tiers and he agreed to not use any legendaries but its okay if I do.

(Thought about a good fire type like Magmortar just in case he decides to switch his team up, but would be pretty useless if he kept it the same since I clearly have a lack of fire support)

Chose this squad specifically to counter

1.Togekiss (Use my Electivire)
2.Espeon (Use my scizor)
2.5 Weavile (Also use my scizor to Bullet Punch it)
3.Kingdra (Empoleon with max SpDef and almost Hp) because he is runnin Ice,Water,Dragon move set
4.Lucario (Swampert to OHKO with Earthquake and no weakness to his move pool)
5.Garchomp (Salamence to OHKO with Dragon Claw +Intimidate)

I made this thread to simply see what some of you might suggest as a good overall fit to this so far 5 pokemon squad.

You see I contemplated Cresselia because it works great against Kingdra and Lucario if it is Crunchless, with moonlight to restore HP and I could Psychic stall Lucario out. But the only two moves I know that he is usin on Lucario is Aura Sphere and Blaze kick. Was originally gonna use my Infernape for Lucario before I learned he could smash him with a potential ground move so went with a safer Swampert choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)