Travelling to Eastern USA! (now with delightful itinerary)

why would it be

if you need a contact I wouldn't doubt that lanturn has his email or something

anyway someone say hi to morm for me

Wow. I wake up and find that my bf has just been banned... not that I'm surprised since it happens so often... wonder what he did this time? oh well

The trip is still on, but anyone coming now can pm/vm me if they need to get in contact with morm or just have any questions on the logistics of the trip.

Wickdaggler, I'll tell him you said hi :)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of updates, if anyone wants to meet ME in NYC:

My Train gets in ca. 6pm at Penn Station. I plan to meet Morm and co. that night.

I'm staying the night in NYC and my train doesn't leave until the evening of March 13th. So basically I'm available all day Sunday until about 6 when I have to head back to the station. Note that since I'm taking a train in I don't have any transportation outside NY cabbies, so I'm going to be in the general vicinity of Rockefeller Center.

I'm willing to do things like the Zoo or the AMNH, but you'll have to pay your own way at the entrance. Sorry, I've already got a big investment in getting down there.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nah we went to a pub and it kinda sucked so we went to another one, got drunk and had a great discussion about pokemons. Then we went back to the hotel and had a slumber party. My ass still hurts.
what
see

this is why i didn't go

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like rbg lacks transportation today so it'll just be me morm and lanturn. Thank goodness I has my fiance with me so I can use Counter on their luvdisc-fest!

pookar

Banned deucer.
so wer informed me of this thread. id be happy to hang out in nyc, i just dont know whether to drive or take the train down (NYC parking garages are the worst ever)

Update: we had a great time in DC with Waterbomb and his fiancee!!! Morm and I are really looking forward to seeing them again in NYC, along with Deck Knight and possibly Ala. We also tried to meet up with Husk in DC, but we couldn't find him at Lincoln's feet, since the Lincoln Memorial building was so large and crowded. We even tried yelling his name, but nothing. We also got there about half an hour late, since a lot of the more direct paths to there were blocked. Oh welll... sorry, Husk!!!!

We're meeting on Saturday March 12th at the Nintendo World Store entrance at 7pm. Anyone thinking about coming, please do. The more the merrier :)

@pookar: As for car vs train, driving in NYC is a pain in the butt, and the subway takes you just about anywhere you might want to go, and parking is expensive, and traffic is always awful, so you might want to take the train. Up to you though.

Ah! I feel so bad, I thought I sent you guys a pm telling you I have exams all week :-/ . Just got out of one in fact.

Thanks for not calling me though I didn't turn my phone off!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@husk - The only number you sent me in a PM was not reachable for some reason. I hope you did well on your exams!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
We only ended up taking one group picture because the shenanigans were relatively low. We just met up, walked around a bit, had dinner at Bertucci's then parted ways. NYC will probably be much crazier. Lanturn and Morm have the picture.

Morm is showing them to me, and he's even putting some up on facebook, but he refuses to send them to me, and I can't right click to save fb images anymore. So, tough shit I guess.

andrea

/me cresselias
Morm is showing them to me, and he's even putting some up on facebook, but he refuses to send them to me, and I can't right click to save fb images anymore. So, tough shit I guess.
Refresh the page and it'll go back to default picture view.

Just some highlights of our trip so far:

-Morm scored back room access in the Royal Ontario Museum and saw some great fossils and bones.
-Morm was on a plane of Biochemists and learned a great deal of stuff to be presented at a conference in Baltimore.
-Morm asked and we were able to feed some cuttlefish at the National Zoo.
-Morm convinced the Smithsonian to open up a case with the hand from a real Egyptian mummy and was able to hold it.
-Morm was somehow able to randomly make a friend: a really pretty girl from South Korea while he was elongating pennies for someone here on the site.
-Ala was able to charm Morm enough to be able to utilize the other bed in his hotel room. They were a drunken mess.
-Waterbomb is a fantastic guy. We are really looking forward to seeing him again in New York!

The other issue with pictures is that he didn't bring his cord to download them to my computer and insists that cords are what they used in the Bronze Ages. He simply just uses a set up on his computer where he can upload them directly from the card. He actually can't send them to me because of the sheer volume of photos (250 from the ROM alone). This is compounded by his lack of motivation to label, sort and upload things and the fact that only he actually knows what the hell is going on in many of the pictures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)