Travelling to Eastern USA! (now with delightful itinerary)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Semester just started Thursday, I still have no idea what to expect from my Friday class. I now also have work scheduled after that class, so it doesn't look very good.

In case you've never gone before, NY pokecenter is possibly the largest disappointment I have ever experienced. Rockefeller and times square is a good time though. Have a good time!
I came here to say this. I think it's worth mentioning that it's not called the pokecenter anymore. I think that's where some of the disappointment might come from. There's some cool stuff there, I actually know the guy who designed some of the shirts they sell there, but you should keep your expectations low. I spent maybe 20 minutes in there.

Rockefeller is more interesting due to the amount of stuff in the area. There's a ton of shops all around.I think the underground apple store is in the area but I can't remember. I didn't go in because the new iphone (3? 4?) came out that day and there was a stupidly long line for an such a small incremental increase in technology.

Times square is worth going to once just to see it but aside from that it's really annoying. It's like a human corral. For the love of god don't eat there! Everything is severely overpriced just because it's in times square.

Yeah, I think we'll head to Rockafeller after AMNH. I'm kinda just wanting a shirt, but we are going 1 week after BW are released. We discussed going the day it is released but I didn't wanna deal with swarms of stupid people.

you do realize, ala, that during the daylight hours I will be cavorting with paleontological colleagues at a museum and seeing a dear friend til the evening...RIGHT?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Morm said:
Saturday, March 12th New York City. Lanturn and I plan on hitting the Pokecenter, the rest of Rockafeller and then Times Square perhaps. Anyone interested in grabbing dinner or having drinks with us in NYC, this is the best and probably only day for us, though it can be moved to Friday, March 11th.
Members coming: Morm, Lanturn, Waterbomb + woman, Ala?
This one in for a lock.

Just found out when we're doing birthday festivities is the week after this, and NYC is much closer to where I live so its an easy day trip as long as I have an address.

Any other New Englanders want to hitch a ride in the Deckmobile?

Made changes to itinerary- cancelled the potential hockey game. Can't afford it.

When we are in NYC, we should have a B+W in game tournament with our DS's. Rules I propose are the following: No legendaries...unless there is good reason like it's not OP (encounter pokemon like conkeldurr or whatever are okay), ONLY what you can get in-game...NO TRADING between carts. Also try not to be a fuckface, just use your in-game team. I won't be EVing anything but i'll probably go for a decent or good nature.

ANYWAYS It'd be nice to nail down where we are gonna meet in NYC. Rockafeller center, I'm thinking, but somewhere in there would be nice. Anyone with info should lemmie know.

Same goes for toronto and washington where do you wanna meet?

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Depending on how most everyone's getting into the city Penn/Grand Central Station might also be a good meeting spot.

Also, I'm almost definitely coming.

whatevs bro playing in the al east is tough

and being the most profitable hockey team in the nhl makes it... wait

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Morm, I'm thinking train stations or Port Authority might not be the best choices for meeting spots in NYC, since they're crowded and indescript. Perhaps we should pick a more recognizable landmark, like the entrance to Central Park Zoo or something?

Also, count me and Christina in for Saturday the 5th in DC

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meet at Rose's Pizza in Penn Station by the LIRR tracks for good pizza and cheap beers on tap. Great way to start the trip.

Penn station is RIGHT by where Lanturn lives and I will be staying (in DC). Excellent choice, I'll see what Lanturn says!

Excellent, Waterbomb! RBG will be thrilled I'm sure as well!

For DC, we will literally be leaving the Smithsonian and can go anywhere in that immediate area I suppose. We are staying just north of the nation arboreum. I hope I don't get stabbed.

As for NYC, on the day we meet, we will literally be coming out of the AMNH and heading straight for Rockafeller. In the area are:

The MoMA (or "met" I guess), Hunkarama male strip club, Rockafeller, Times Square and the Sex Museum. I'd die to see Lanturn go into a sex museum, OH the comedy and fun faces.

For Toronto, I'll literally be coming out of the ROM and going somewhere probably on foot. Lemmie know what is there FOR SURE (someone fucking PICK something).

you'll note that all the museums are time I'm going to spend with just Lanturn as it will be me in my natural habitat. :D If you're desperate to join us, it CAN be worked out I guess just talk to me about it and we'll see. For Toronto, however, that's time with an old friend (and I'll see someone I REALLY fucking hate) exploring the back rooms and etc. So yeah, just me on that one! Til the evening when Ala gets drunk in his home depot uniform <3

Penn station is RIGHT by where Lanturn lives and I will be staying (in DC). Excellent choice, I'll see what Lanturn says!
There are actually a lot of Penn Stations. There's one in NY, one in Baltimore, and I don't know where all else, but I know that there are more. You're going to have to be more specific than this, but I am definitely down for beer and pizza :)

The MoMA (or "met" I guess), Hunkarama male strip club, Rockafeller, Times Square and the Sex Museum. I'd die to see Lanturn go into a sex museum, OH the comedy and fun faces.
I hate you so much

Confirm here or in PM if this works for you.

Thursday, March 3rd Toronto
Members coming: Morm, Ivar, Ala
Let's meet at 6:30pm at Gabby's Bar & Grill, 556 Sherbourne Street.

Saturday, March 5th Washington, D.C.
Members coming: Lanturn, Morm, RBG, Waterbomb + fiance, Husk
Let's meet at Lincoln's feet and go from there at 6PM. Cool? If it's cold as fuck, we'll just text and reorganize.

Monday, March 7th Washington, D.C.
Members coming: Morm and Husk
Let's meet just inside the entrance to the Castle.

Saturday, March 12th New York City.
Members coming: Morm, Lanturn, Waterbomb + woman, Ala, Deck Knight
Let's just meet at the pokecenter entrance. at 7PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)