Travelling to Eastern USA! (now with delightful itinerary)

Hey, dude, my dream trip is Aussie. I'll get there, one way or another.

We can meet if you show me some nudes
alternatively, keep posting like a champ, that makes me wanna see you too.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If DC is on a weekend I can probably swing that as well, since my folks live in the DC area and they're like 30 mins from the Vienna Metro.

DC will be a weekend as well. We will arrive on a friday night there (or saturday morning, not sure yet) and do the Smithsonian on the saturday. Then, on the sunday, we will do the National Zoo. Then Lanturn goes home to Baltimore and I have a day or two in D.C. by myself. I'll hit that castle place that Mingot talked about to me, it has coins right now I think?

What else is there to do in D.C.? I mused for about 3 seconds about going to the whitehouse and holding up a sign that says "It's called the whitehouse for a reason", but most people won't get that I'm referring to the Quebecois burning it in 1812 and it needing to be repainted.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's alot to do in DC depending on your fancy. If you're into History at all, the war memorials (WWI, II, Vietnam) are a must see. In addition, the MNH and Air/Space are worthwhile. There's also a bounty of food and nightlife (Chinatown, Georgetown, Adams Morgan), and even a huge fabulous-friendly hot spot down in Dupont Circle (more affectionately called the "Fruit Loop"). If live music is your thing, the 9:30 Club and the Black Cat offer solid potential. What kind of stuff interests you?

Well I have my itinerary set and have purchased my tickets. Huzzah!

Here are my days that I propose we meet:

Thursday, March 3rd Toronto In the evening I'd like to grab dinner and drinks with whoever can make it out. I'll be staying near the Royal Ontario Museum which is downtownish. Sorry it's not a weekend. I hope you can all make it! Lanturn will not be joining us this day.

Saturday, March 5th Washington, D.C.. In the evening again. This time Lanturn will be with me. We can grab dinner and just hang out. RBG, I know you mentioned that you may be able to come out to D.C. and anyone else is welcome to join us.

Monday, March 7th Washington, D.C. I plan on seeing some coin collection or whatever at the Castle as well as war memorials. I know Mingot suggested I see this, so you're welcome to join me if you can at all. Lanturn will not be with me this day.

Wednesday, March 9th During the day, in Baltimore, I'd be up for just about anything. No Lanturn here. POTENTIALLY: Oilers vs Capitals in Washington D.C. Anyone interested needs to let me know so we can buy tickets. Cheapest tickets are $60 each for shit seats. If nobody comes with, I may just stay in Baltimore that evening.

Saturday, March 12th New York City. Lanturn and I plan on hitting the Pokecenter, the rest of Rockafeller and then Times Square perhaps. Anyone interested in grabbing dinner or having drinks with us in NYC, this is the best and probably only day for us, though it can be moved to Friday, March 11th.

Saturday evenings work great for me, since my pokemon tcg league ends at 4 pm and is only about 30 minutes away from DC

Excellent, where would you like to go in D.C., RBG?

We are down for literally anything. Do you know the area?

ACTUALLY....

one of my flight options has a layover in Toronto. It's a better option than Houston, I could always take the layover of X hours and grab food/a drink with whoever wants to in toronto at that time.
That makes me sad, really.

Right on, okay I'll add you to the attending list. Any idea of what we can do? You know the area, not me!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
NYC I will attend with Christina. She works in the city alot so she will be a valuable asset as far as where to go/what to see/how to get around. I might be able to come down for the DC outing as well, but that's more of a 50% chance, we shall see. When you're in DC, don't let anyone convince you that going to Jumbo Slice or Pizza Mart is a good idea. That pizza is only mildly tasty if you're EXTREMELY drunk, and even then it's only ok. I recommend you try to get down to Chinatown for some good bars and food. It's likely to be far less crowded than Georgetown area and less undergrads/obnoxious people. Fado and Greene Turtle are solid options.

Baltimore is about an hour and a half for me, but it's tough to pull off on a weekday so I'll probably have to pass. Wish I could make it though!

I'd kinda like to come and meet some smogonites, seeing as I'm right outside Washington D.C. What kind of places were you looking at for dinner? I could recommended a few if you like.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
yeah times square is cool. It should be warm enough in March that central park could be another option, with the zoo and scenery and all. There's also the Sex Museum which is pretty interesting.

I head that zoo is dog shit and that central park is dangerous at night.

SEX MUSEUM!? Fuuuuck how late is it open?

edit: nm, lanturn and I would rather do times square

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well I have my itinerary set and have purchased my tickets. Huzzah!

Here are my days that I propose we meet:

Saturday, March 5th Washington, D.C.. In the evening again. This time Lanturn will be with me. We can grab dinner and just hang out. RBG, I know you mentioned that you may be able to come out to D.C. and anyone else is welcome to join us.

Saturday, March 12th New York City. Lanturn and I plan on hitting the Pokecenter, the rest of Rockafeller and then Times Square perhaps. Anyone interested in grabbing dinner or having drinks with us in NYC, this is the best and probably only day for us, though it can be moved to Friday, March 11th.
One of these two days, depending on when my dad's Birthday Party is celebrated. NYC is favored because it is closer, but I figure if I leave Friday night I can get a hotel and sleep in more in DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)