Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Just beaten Clay. Yay, Fly HM! Now my Ducklett can transport back to the café in Nacrene for the special Wednesday event they've been mentioning all week!

A Soda Pop? Yeah, great. This is even more disappointing than the Casteliacone I got yesterday.

Current team (all level 32):

Pignite
Stoutland
Duosion
Ducklett
Lilligant
Krokorok

I don't understand people who can box their starter...

well im lv 64 for my highest and lv 60 all round for serperior excadril and haxorus and 54 for kenhoro and that frog gamageroge at 54 during 7th gym(ice one)
Basicaly heres my team at 7 th gym without tabunne grinding at all

Serperior lv 60
Excadrill lv 60
Haxorus lv 60(egg hatched)
Gamageroge lv 54
Kenhoro lv 54
Kurimugan lv 64(egg hatched)

PC
Galvantula lv 49
Caracosta ?(turtle fossil) lv 40
DD Zuruzukin lv 50

I've been taking it bit by bit, replacing members here and there, and I've gotten to the final team for now. I'm at the moors right by the 7th gym's city. Hiding in tags since it's kinda long and not many people care that this is the bajillionth in-game team posted here I wager.

Enjoy my talking.

Vloci (M)
Lvl 39; Lonely (yay!); Acrobatics/Dig/Fly/Rock Slide

Axeface (F)
Lvl 42; Adamant XD; Mold Breaker; Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Dig/Slash

(I dunno yet) (M)
Lvl 42; Mild; Flash Fire; Will-O-Wisp/Fire Burst/Fire Blast/Hex

Smugleaf (F!!)
Lvl 38; Gentle; Leaf Blade/Coil/Leech Seed/Return

Dory (M)
Lvl 39; Gentle (lol); Sand Rush; Earthquake/Strength/Rock Slide/Hone Claws

Last slot is for Reshiram cause' he's awesome.

I wanted to start with Serperior because I liked Snivy better than Oshawott, and I personally hate Tepig and co. with every fiber of my being. It was rather underwhelming, yes, but really handy when I needed something to take hits. Now that it's got Coil in its arsenal, Leaf Blade and Return are pretty scary. Leech Seed annoys and heals, and is good as well for whittling down the health of something I'm trying to catch. Serperior is my reliable lil' buddy.

Excadrill needed babying right after I caught it at Wellspring Cave (after searching for a nature that wasn't -Atk, settling for a neutral). Once it got a couple of moves that didn't suck, though, he just skyrocketed. He also has impressive stamina when holding the Eviolite, as I found out at the Electric gym withstanding Aerial Aces and boosting up with Hone Claws, soloing what many think is the most annoying gym. Now he's part Steel, he's a great go-to for some ugly threats like random Flying, Psychic, and Electric moves.

Archeops is one of the best things ever invented. Freakin' Peck was OHKOing, Acrobatics is STILL OHKOing, and the other moves are there for the few things Acrobatics can't quite OHKO. This guy oozes awesome, as I thought it would, and now that I finally got a physical Rock move, it's unstopable unless the target is faster than I am (which is hard in itself with my base 110 Speed). Highly recommend this beast. Raptors walk among us.

My HM slaves are Panpour and (sadly)Joltik. I only have them with me of I need Surf or Flash, respectively. I wanted to wield Galvantula sooo badly, but I wanted to run Chandelure even more, and I had to keep a slot open for Reshiram, as I said before.

I refused to use the ugly monkey that is Darmanitan, so I went with the underdog. I didn't find Litwick all that hard to train, honestly. That's all I've heard from around the forums - that he comes too late and is too hard to train. I grabbed as many as I could on the first level of the tower before facing any trainers, went back to the PokeCenter and picked the best ability/nature of the lot, and then pretty much solo'd Celestial Tower with the thing. By the end, he'd gotten to level 38 or so holding the Lucky Egg, and was hardly no work afterwards, evolving soon after Skyla. I then flew and Surf'd to Mistralton Cave to get the Dusk Stone there, as well as Axew.

Axew was late, yes, but I nabbed it while getting all sorts of stuff done I needed to anyway. So while I was picking up my Dusk Stone and Rock Slide, I was chucking Dusk/Ultra Balls at every Mold Breaker Axew I came across. I also grabbed Cobalion while I was there. Handy trip, I'd say. Chandelure walls that thing, unlike the rest of my team which was promptly killed. Axew needed he most babying of the group, only recently starting to hold its own after evolving. Luck Egg and Dragon Dance go a long way for the lil' AxeDragon.

That's my review. I was tempted to do random stuff I love like Mienshao, Tynamo, and Deino, but that's for next round I suppose. =)

do it this way, and you'll get even more.(no EV's but who cares)(I know all of you care about EV's)
-_- if you're going to hack things to gain exp. then why not just Rare Candy everythng to level 100? My way is completely legitimate.

sure i do, being a loser for one. how about you play the game? and if you want to EV train and shit then that's fine (though still an extremely gay way of playing, sitting on your ass for hours and hours taking a break every 30 minutes to do side missions to help you do better when you pick your other ds up for the next 30 minutes, l2 EV train), but if you don't, then who fucking cares?
Who the fuck are you to tell me I'm a loser because of how I play the game? You're a nobody who has been on these forums for less than a month and you're insulting someone, completely out-of-the-blue I might add, who went out of his way to help people in this thread? And clearly you have the reading ability of a 5 year old because I said absolutely nothing about EVing.

I'll be honest, I don't even have the C-gear turned on or any clue what these entralink/power pass whatever things are...then again, I don't have a 2nd copy of the game either or any irl friends nearby, so eh. I mean, I guess it sounds like an option, but once you get the lucky egg anyways, that's all the exp boost I've ever needed.
I agree that you don't need to do any of what I described the defeat the game, hell I would argue you can even get by without the Lucky Egg. On my first play-through (Japanese version a couple months ago) I only had one copy of the game; that and the language barrier prevented me from exploring the Entralink. But it's just a neat feature worth exploring if you're playing the game a second time around I'd say.

And by the way, the Entralink Pass Powers extend beyond doubling Exp:
- there are powers to hatch eggs faster
- there are powers to triple monetary earnings
- there are powers to decrease encounter rates
- there are powers to get 50% discounts in Pokemarts (useful especially early in the game when money is tight, if you activate the power right before you make a purchase)
- there are powers to make your Pokemon grow friendly quicker (useful for happiness evos)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
OH GOD DO WANT. Seriously, I've hateched 1000+ eggs in my Black and it's REALLY tedious, even with Flame Body. D:
As far as I know, the powers only last for about 5 minutes each (at least they all have a time limit). They aren't incredibly useful and the effort necessary to even get them is not worth the payout.

As far as I know, the powers only last for about 5 minutes each (at least they all have a time limit). They aren't incredibly useful and the effort necessary to even get them is not worth the payout.
The ones you're talking about actually only last three minutes. And the way they work is you register them to the C-Gear, so to re-activate them it's basically as complicated/time-consuming as spraying Repel. It detracts less than 5 seconds from game-play.
But, if someone else does support missions for you, you can get an infinite number of powers that last either 30 minutes or one hour. Still sound crappy?

The only difference between the two kinds of powers is that the 3 minute ones can essentially be accessed the moment you get the first badge (provided someone else is at least as far as the fourth gym) and the 30 minute/1 hour ones can only be accessed as soon as you reach the fourth gym (the other player needs to have at least the first badge).

Yes, you can. Just head West on Route 1. While out there, leave open a slot to get the Larvesta egg if you're so inclined.
I made my way out there. Now I'm searching for a dark patch of grass... I see a patch on the north end, but theres no way up there that I can see...

I swear to God if I see one more Forewarn Muuna again I'm go on a mass Muuna murder spree. Still farming Muuna for a Timid Sychro because I want a Timid Victini as early as reasonable can. Just how soon does Juniper come with those Ultra Balls anyway?

BTW, Audino are sturdy little bastards despite being Exp bait. Been grinding levels in the grass outside of Pinwheel forest. Shaking grass appear more often than swirling dust.

Arg, having so much fun.
Just got to the Flying Gym Town, on my way to the Celestial Tower or w/e now
Team:
Samurott @ Level 37 (Debating between X-Scissor TM or Heart Scale Megahorn)
Simisear @ level 34
Galvantual @ Level 38
Musharna @ level 32 (Needs a shadowball TM or energy ball or something >_>)
Simisage @ level 31 (Bite or Acrobat?)
Tranquill @ level 25 (for fly, trying to look for a duckett or fly/surf)
Not sure what my last pokemon should be :(
I never turn on C-Gear since I have no idea how it works, and it drains my bettery pretty fast

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I swear to God if I see one more Forewarn Muuna again I'm go on a mass Muuna murder spree. Still looking for a Timid Sychro Muuna because I want a Timid Victini and want to at least use it during my in-game playthrough.

BTW, Audino are sturdy little bastards. Seriously while grinding against them they tend to not go down in one hit.
Go capture Elgyem instead. They're way more common than Munna.

Question. How do I get to the bottom beach level in Route 18? I can't get DOWN there!

Ah I found a small path between the currents.

Question. How do I get to the bottom beach level in Route 18? I can't get DOWN there!
Took me around a week to find out, but go all the way left from the p2Lab. There's a spot between to whirls you can actually surf across, even if it seems you cant.

By the way, I HATE Watchog. It has ALWAYS used Confuse Ray followed by Hypnosis or vice versa! AND to make it worse....it has this conceited look on its face while ur totally incapacitated and its arms are crossed and it just looks snobby in general which makes me so....soo........GGGGAAAAAH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)