5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hey, a few questions about RNG-ing in gen5

1) on page 1 it states "Start a two stage delay timer to hit your delay and time." - what exactly does this mean? (i think i've discerned that it means timer1 for continuing game and timer2 for turning on cgear - what exactly does this mean for me if i'm trying to RNG zekrom? or should i just ignore this)

2) i can see my MAC address from setting up my wi-fi stuff, but i can't access the game-sync thing in the game (i checked website, says won't be available until march 30). does this prevent me from RNG-ing (without hacking/cheating) or does this not really mean anything since i have my MAC address already?

3) kinda just clueless here - so i'm trying to RNG zekrom for 31/31/31/X/31/31. i type that, a year, a max frame, a min/max delay, and MAC address into the TimeFinder. it gives me a seed and i copy that seed into Seed-To-Time sub-program. however, when it lists the "IVs (Black & White)", they are weird numbers
[seed is 03764F90, MAC address is 664b4b, method-5-cgear, 1000-1500delay range, max frame 100]

if anything i said was unclear just let me know so i can try to further elaborate, thanks !

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
1. Use a 2 stage timer like EonTimer, PikaTimer, or ZomgTimer.

2. Not being able to access the game-sync won't matter. You don't even need an Internet connection to C-Gear RNG.

3. Unlike previous generations, you have no way of verifying your seed without actually capturing a Pokemon. The Seed-To-Time Finder shows you the first 10 IVs for a Pokemon that you capture immediately without advancing your frame. This is to help you calibrate your timer (since everyone is different and every system is slightly different, calibration is necessary).

Thanks! so for #3, i should just go up to zekrom, catch it, try to discern its IVs, and not advance the frame at all before that and then match it up with what is on the seed finder, and the first 6 numbers for some non-specific delay should match the IVs i've deduced for zekrom? (just clarifying)

also, what version of pikatimer (or any of those 2 stage timers you recommended) should i download? a link would be most appreciated (or a place to find - unless the first thing on google is it) XD

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Thanks! so for #3, i should just go up to zekrom, catch it, try to discern its IVs, and not advance the frame at all before that and then match it up with what is on the seed finder, and the first 6 numbers for some non-specific delay should match the IVs i've deduced for zekrom? (just clarifying)
Basically yeah, that's the easiest way to calibrate your delay. Once you have it calibrated, then you can go ahead and start advancing the RNG and trying to capture it for real. However it's going to be a LOT of trial and error (and I recommend bringing a Synchronizer).

Ok, so i think i know what i'm doing, please tell me if i have anything wrong. trying to RNG zekrom if that helps.

1) have all prerequisite stuff
2) go to time finder, choose year, method, maxframe, min/max delays, IVs, MAC address. generate.
3) pick a seed.
4) go to seed-to-time, choose year, seconds, MAC address, generate.
5) select a date/time/delay. choose -/+ delay and -/+ seconds.
6) generate adjacent results.
7) catch zekrom immediately without advancing frame. deduce IVs.
8) use search IVs and find what my delay/seconds were.
9) adjust date or select new seed to get something closer to actual delay.
10) set DS time, turn on, advance frame, catch zekrom, should have desired IV spread.

is this "algorithm" correct? also, i still don't get the two stage delay thing, i don't see anything on the new RNG reporter that indicates anything about two timers. thanks again! lol

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
2 Stage Timer instructions:

1. Decide what time and delay you are going for. Input the information into the timer.
2. Set your DS's time and start the timer at the EXACT same time.
3. While the first stage is ticking down, load the game.
4. Soft Reset your DS (L + R + Select + Start) at the EXACT moment the first stage of the timer hits 0
5. While the second stage is ticking down, load your save file, but do not start your C-Gear from the continue screen. Load all the way into the game where you actually gain control of your character. Stand still and don't do anything.
6. Hit the power button on your C-Gear. A confirmation window will pop up, don't do anything.
7. At the EXACT moment your second stage timer hits 0, hit Yes on your C-Gear confirmation.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol thanks. i downloaded Zomg, would you mind giving me a quick crash course ?
Switch the mode to 5th Gen C-Gear.
Calibration should be around -95.
Start the timer at the same time as you set the time on the DS.
At the end of the first timer, SR.
At the end of the second, turn the C-Gear on in the game.

Edit: Seems I've been ninja'd. Curses.

1) with the 2stage timer, when the game firsts asks you if you want to turn cgear on, right after you say "continue game", can i just leave it there for a few seconds then click YES when the second timer hits 0?

2) where exactly do i find these two ticking-down-times? it doesn't show any pair of numbers on RNG reporter and yea, i can't find this piece. would you mind listing an example so i can see how a pro does it? lol

EDIT: THANKS, DIDN'T SEE THAT MESSAGE WHEN I WAS TYPING THIS, I THINK I'M GOOD NOW

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

1) with the 2stage timer, when the game firsts asks you if you want to turn cgear on, right after you say "continue game", can i just leave it there for a few seconds then click YES when the second timer hits 0?

2) where exactly do i find these two ticking-down-times? it doesn't show any pair of numbers on RNG reporter and yea, i can't find this piece. would you mind listing an example so i can see how a pro does it? lol
1. No, you want to go all the way into the game. Hitting Yes at the Continue screen causes wonky timing issues and can throw your time off by several seconds.

2. Seed to Time Finder will show you appropriate dates, times, and delays for your given seed. That is pretty much your primary tool.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2. Seed to Time Finder will show you appropriate dates, times, and delays for your given seed. That is pretty much your primary tool.
To add to this, the timer only needs the target second and target delay from reporter.

Personally, I'd prefer if people get used to RNGing without the AR codes. Like I said, using an AR defeats the whole point of RNGing, which is to get great Pokemon without resorting to hacking. When I first asked for the RNG check codes to be created, they were supposed to be for research only.

Just calibrate your timing by catching high level Pokemon and checking their IVs, then you can go after Victini. There's no rush.
Why can you catch only high level pokemon?
Also when is the earliest that RNG abusing can be utilized in game?
I just beat the first gym.

Toast++

Because low level ones are extremely difficult to get accurate IVs for.

you should only catch high level because it is easier to check the IVs (for example a lvl50 pokemon could have either a 30 or a 31 IV in HP with the given HP stat - but a lvl3 pokemon could have between 0-31 IV in the HP with the given HP stat). also i don't think RNG abusing would be very useful at the beginning because you'll have to EV-train (or should) that pokemon, and its EV's will be all messed up if you use it normally (of course you could RNG the pokemon, train it up several levels, use ev-reducing berries, then proceed to EV-train it, but i wouldn't)

ok LAST THING before i actually begin to RNG

the time i want to hit is like 16:54:16. delay 1082. on Zomg timer, i set calibration=-95 (because the one guy said so), target delay:1082, target second:16. it tells me "first length = 56.38 and second length = 19.616". MY QUESTION IS, do i set my DS time to 16:54 or 16:53 when i set-DS-time + start-Zomg-timer simultaneously?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First question was answered thoroughly already. You can technically do it as soon as you get the C-Gear, but there really isn't much point until you complete the main storyline.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
ok LAST THING before i actually begin to RNG

the time i want to hit is like 16:54:16. delay 1082. on Zomg timer, i set calibration=-95 (because the one guy said so), target delay:1082, target second:16. it tells me "first length = 56.38 and second length = 19.616". MY QUESTION IS, do i set my DS time to 16:54 or 16:53 when i set-DS-time + start-Zomg-timer simultaneously?
ZomgTimer should say "Minutes Before Target: 1," which means you set it to one minute before your target minute (so 16:53 in this case).

How will I know what Nature/Ability I can get? Besides the sync nature though, is it Method 5 Natures theoretical?

Toast++

How will I know what Nature/Ability I can get? Besides the sync nature though, is it Method 5 Natures theoretical?
Yes. Not sure why it's marked theoretical.. maybe it's because the whole thing isn't entirely worked out yet?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
As I understand it, natures and abilities use Non-C-Gear seeds, which means we can't control them yet. Could be wrong, though.

Yes. Not sure why it's marked theoretical.. maybe it's because the whole thing isn't entirely worked out yet?
So I plug in my C-Gear Seed, and then say I want a Bold Nature with Ability 0 using a Bold Sync. On frame 2 I get a female Bold nature with ability 0. Does that mean I need to save once and then use Sweet Scent?

Here's the Victini I caught:
Mild Nature lvl 50
28-29,14-15,14-15,10-11,30-31,4-5

How do I go about finding the delay I hit? Would I just look and see which seed as many of these values?

Here's the info just incase:

Target Delay: 8273
Calibration: -95
Target second: 15
Seed: aaffaa99
MAC: F7-8A-3D
Date: 4/24/2011
Target time: 8:59:15
Started 3 minutes before target time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)