Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

sorry for the double post but i need to say this...this happened to mea earlier...
i battled a trainer who had an audino(lvl 65) with my samurott(lvl 67)...

The foe's Audino fainted!
Samurott gained 11206 exp. points!

wow...just wow

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Can anyone tell me how to find the Vitamin wings? It says there on the bridges but I can't find them to save my life.

I have to say, I was truly impressed with scrafty in game. He nearly solo'd 3/4 of the elite four and dominated nearly everything else. I had to bench him for a while to get my other pokemon caught up. He was definitely MVP for my playthrough. He's definitely my favorite for this gen

Hey guys, just got the 7th badge, this is my current team
Emboar
Krokorok
Sigilyph
Carracosta
Zebstrika
Fraxure

What do you think of my team? Im thinking of removing zebstrika, but what for? Any other changes I should also make?? Thanks

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can anyone tell me how to find the Vitamin wings? It says there on the bridges but I can't find them to save my life.
Driftveil Drawbridge. Look for the shadows that occasionally appear (they're kind of hard to see, but they show up like shaking patches of grass or swirling dust. You'll either run into a Ducklett or get a random wing.

I must say, that was the absolute luckiest battle in my Pokemon Black and White history (So far...)...It was a level 1 Pawniard :3, just hatched, Scratch and Pursuit...Level 60 (Or 63? Trainer owned, either way) Buneary. It did something to lower my Defense or Special Defense (I think), by two stages. Defiant kicked in and doubled my Attack. I used Scratch and...Barely left a mark >_>...It responded with a Bounce, while I went to use Pursuit. Obviously, it didn't hit, but I magically evaded the Bounce! :D As I happily go to use Pursuit again, it uses Healing Wish (Or whatever that one move is >_>) and faints itself...That. Was. Epic!

Has anyone used Mincinno/Cincinno?
Yes. Out of my party, Cincinno was CLEARLY my MVP, soloing the 6th and 7th Gym Leaders, and being fairly reliable of something goes wrong. It's depressing if Tail Slap hits only twice, but betweek Rock Blast and Wake-Up slap for coverage and Sing for helping with captures and certain bosses, Cincinno is amazing.

It's also so adorable!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
There's a minigame... somewhere in B/W... where you can get the EV berries. I just have no idea where it is...
Might that minigame be in the Dream World? I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the only place they're available.
Has anyone used Mincinno/Cincinno?
Yes. It's meh until it evolves, but once it does (hold off until level 31 for Wake-Up Slap), Rock Blast and Wake-Up Slap hits like half of the things you encounter super-effectively, and Tail Slap is a powerful STAB for the rest (stronger than Return on average, and no happiness necessary). Obviously, get one with Technician.

I must say, that was the absolute luckiest battle in my Pokemon Black and White history (So far...)...It was a level 1 Pawniard :3, just hatched, Scratch and Pursuit...Level 60 (Or 63? Trainer owned, either way) Buneary. It did something to lower my Defense or Special Defense (I think), by two stages. Defiant kicked in and doubled my Attack. I used Scratch and...Barely left a mark >_>...It responded with a Bounce, while I went to use Pursuit. Obviously, it didn't hit, but I magically evaded the Bounce! :D As I happily go to use Pursuit again, it uses Healing Wish (Or whatever that one move is >_>) and faints itself...That. Was. Epic!
How much experience did you gain?

just beat the game in 25:53...

Final team:
Volcarona lvl.76(quiver dance, flamethrower, bug buzz, psychic)
cleared easily 3 of the e4 and champion on the second round...
quiver dance is so broken for in-game...
it was nice that against the champion i just quiver danced to +6 on his accelgor and then easily swept6-0...

Darmanitan lvl.70(fire punch, flare blitz, rock slide, hammer arm)
useful until beating N and Ghetsis...
didn't find much use afterwards was mostly a filler...

Samurott lvl.69(megahorn, surf, aqua jet, grass knot)
not mvp but also not lvp on the entire game...
was rather useful in many battles and his surf is really strong...
helped beat chandelure on the second run...

Scrafty lvl.70(bulk up, head smash, hi jump kick, crunch)
beat the e4 on the first run and was helpful also on the second run against the ghost typed...
easily beat most of the trainers post e4...

Galvantula lvl.70(charge beam, energy ball, thunder, bug buzz)
best in-game pokemon ever...
the charge beam+thunder combo is legendary...
strongest team member until i caught volcarona who outshadowed it, mostly because of quiver(broken) dance...
still Galvantula was definitely my MVP!

Hey guys! I need your guys' opinion on something.

So i have a choice between Sandile or Drillbur as the Ground type that I want on my team that I'm using right now. Which one would be better? So far I have, Pignite, Pansage, Oshawott.

I'd recommend Sandile. Intimidate makes it physically bulky, and dark attacks are extremely useful in black and white. It learns crunch very early, but unfortunately doesn't learn earthquake until level 56 or thereabouts; however, dig is sufficient enough for in-game purposes. I used mine from the moment I caught it until the end of the game and it was very useful throughout.

Drillbur is very good, but it would take 75 years to soft-reset for a good one and its abilities are all but useless in-game.

Just started Victory road on my first and most likely only playthrough. The party:
Lvl 42 Galvantula
Lvl 43 Whimsicott
Lvl 41 Samurott
Lvl 42 Conkledurr
Lvl 41 Reuniclus
Lvl 46 Vanillish (why wont it evolve aghhhh!)

Anyway, what do you all think? Might have to grind to lvl 50 but ill see...

Oh and if you have any reccomendations, forget about legendaries. Im going to do it without them.

EDIT: Vanillish just evolved. Finally!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd recommend Sandile. Intimidate makes it physically bulky, and dark attacks are extremely useful in black and white. It learns crunch very early, but unfortunately doesn't learn earthquake until level 56 or thereabouts; however, dig is sufficient enough for in-game purposes. I used mine from the moment I caught it until the end of the game and it was very useful throughout.
Sandile learns Earthquake at lv43 and Krokorok has, like, +10 stats in everything. Instead of using the suckish middle evo until lv40, go with Eviolite Sandile until lv43, then evolve it into Krokorok, then do whatever you want to evolve it into Krookodile.

Drillbur is very good, but it would take 75 years to soft-reset for a good one and its abilities are all but useless in-game.
It took me only a couple Repels... and I reckon the "rustling grass" event is time-based, so maybe you should go all Ferrothorn and outstall it? ^__^

Sandile learns Earthquake at lv43 and Krokorok has, like, +10 stats in everything. Instead of using the suckish middle evo until lv40, go with Eviolite Sandile until lv43, then evolve it into Krokorok, then do whatever you want to evolve it into Krookodile.
That's very good advice, especially because you get the eviolite fairly early if I remember correctly. I had no problems with dig though. it got the job done, and a free escape rope is always handy. Plus, you get the TM early.

For what it's worth, Drillbur and Excadrill both get EQ far quicker and have access to SD and Rock Slide naturally, again at rather lower levels (though disclaimer, I dunno if Krookodile gets them as well, never raised one). Excadrill also has the useful Steel typing, it's about a push I'd say with Dark since while Steel is a crappy attacking type, it offers a few more resists Dark doesn't have.

is there some new nature related catch thing going on, im trying to catch Tornadus of a hasty nature...... every single time i run into a Tornadus it has been a modest nature, every time, too much of a coincidence.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is there some new nature related catch thing going on, im trying to catch Tornadus of a hasty nature...... every single time i run into a Tornadus it has been a modest nature, every time, too much of a coincidence.
Does your lead have Synchronize? If not, it's just coincidence. No new nature mechanics.

When did you save? The pokemon's stats and everything are locked in when it's first released as a roamer.

You got owned...but you could do worse, for example, a Serious Thundurus with 5/2/3/2/12/13 IVs (what my friend got, have to wait till 10 April for my game ;_;). I'd also like to promote Scraggy as an in-game kamikaze beast with High Jump Kick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)