Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much SpA EVs should I run on Vaporeon? Also, for lead Metagross, could I run Reflect or LIght Screen? Is lead Machamp still popular?

Thundurus spawned with a terrible nature in my game (impish). Unfortunately, I already saved after letting him roam. Is it true if I kill him then beat the Elite 4 again (already beat Ghettis the first time) that he'll respawn with a new nature?

If true do I need to talk to the lady in route 7 to get him roaming again?

How much SpA EVs should I run on Vaporeon? Also, for lead Metagross, could I run Reflect or LIght Screen? Is lead Machamp still popular?
In my experiences (and from what I've gathered from others) lead machamp isn't very common. As for your Vaporeon, it depends what you are trying to do with it (if you said this earlier, I missed it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thundurus spawned with a terrible nature in my game (impish). Unfortunately, I already saved after letting him roam. Is it true if I kill him then beat the Elite 4 again (already beat Ghettis the first time) that he'll respawn with a new nature?

If true do I need to talk to the lady in route 7 to get him roaming again?
Yes, it respawns when you beat the E4. No, you don't talk to the old lady; it starts roaming as soon as you beat the champion.

So.. this may be an odd question, but hear me out. I know that if you EXP Share a poke (say a lowbie you want to EV train, but he's too low for the area), he gets the same amount as normal. If a poke gives 2 attack EVs, both the poke out there and the poke with the EXP share gets 2.

Now here's where my actual question comes in. What if you EXP Share on two pokes? Since you get two EXP Shares in game, and two pokes I want to train at the moment both need 252 Speed and Attack EVs, I was just going to EXP Share them until they got to a high enough level where I could take them out myself. Do both pokes get the same amount? IE Fighting a Basculin gives two speed, would both pokes get two speed?

So.. this may be an odd question, but hear me out. I know that if you EXP Share a poke (say a lowbie you want to EV train, but he's too low for the area), he gets the same amount as normal. If a poke gives 2 attack EVs, both the poke out there and the poke with the EXP share gets 2.

Now here's where my actual question comes in. What if you EXP Share on two pokes? Since you get two EXP Shares in game, and two pokes I want to train at the moment both need 252 Speed and Attack EVs, I was just going to EXP Share them until they got to a high enough level where I could take them out myself. Do both pokes get the same amount? IE Fighting a Basculin gives two speed, would both pokes get two speed?
ALL pokemon who got ANY exp from a fight, who have less than 510 total EVs AND less than 255 of the EVs given will recieve the full amount of EVs from the poke.

Kill a single Basculin, and if your whole team has EXP shares, they will ALL get +2 speed EVs.

When do I need to save in order to soft-reset the roaming Raijin? In front of the house(before the granny comes out) or inside the house, after she is done talking?
I believe that his nature is set when you talk to the granny. It definitely isn't set when you encounter him in the wild. That's what I originally thought, but I realized I was wrong after several resets.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I believe that his nature is set when you talk to the granny. It definitely isn't set when you encounter him in the wild. That's what I originally thought, but I realized I was wrong after several resets.
It's set when you leave the house (and the cutscene begins).

ALL pokemon who got ANY exp from a fight, who have less than 510 total EVs AND less than 255 of the EVs given will recieve the full amount of EVs from the poke.

Kill a single Basculin, and if your whole team has EXP shares, they will ALL get +2 speed EVs.
Thanks a ton for the confirmation.

I plan on running a Zen Mode Darmanitan with Substitute in Rotation Battles. For the EVs should I just run 252HP and 252Sp Attack? I planned on giving it Grass Knot, Psychic, Fire Blast and Substitute.

And is Smogon making any tiers for rotation battles? If so could someone link me to the thread?

Can someone fill me in on what moves have their damage cut in double battles?

I haven't played doubles since JAA and it seems like the mechanics have changed since third generation. Back then, (from what I was told) moves that hit the entire field like EQ hit at full power, while moves that hit both enemies only were cut in half.

From everything that I've been able to find now, all multi-target moves hit at 75% power regardless of if it hits your ally as well or not. Is that accurate? If so, is there any advantage whatsoever of using those type of moves anymore?
Quoting myself to bump this question since I didn't get a surefire answer. Thanks.

Hey guys, quick question. Does Magic Guard protect against Dynamic Punch's confusion effect? I'm desperately trying to find a good counter to stuff like Machamp and Bulk Up Conkledur, and I'd really appreciate some suggestions...

Hey guys, quick question. Does Magic Guard protect against Dynamic Punch's confusion effect? I'm desperately trying to find a good counter to stuff like Machamp and Bulk Up Conkledur, and I'd really appreciate some suggestions...
Magic Guard doesn't protect against any effect, or confusion damage. It ONLY prevents non-combat damage; ie, weather, spikes, burn, ect. Honestly, Own Tempo Slowbro, is resistant to fighting, can fire off a decent stab-psychic, has pretty nice defence, and can't be confused by Dynamic Punch.

Where can we ask for battles for D/P/P matches? It's been a long time since I've been gone, haha.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87299

1. No, it doesn't.

2. Defensive Gliscor or Reuniclus counters Conkledurr easily, while Own Tempo Slowbro counters Machamp. However Machamp isn't that common these days so you can just slap a Gliscor/Reuniclus/Skarmory/other generic fighting type counters on your team and call it a day.

I would actually want to know the answer to lafondaonfire's question. Is there anyway to see vullaby or vandilebuzz in white version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)