Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's what i'm using now but I was worried that without the nature the calculator's numbers would be off. Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All I know for sure is the move Chatter.
People can record profanity and vulguar language. Luckily, the only things that learn it are Smeargle and Chatot.
Unless they changed it in Gen V, Sketch fails against Chatter. Also, I was under the impression that Chatter is banned because of programming limitations, not language issues (the recording is distorted for that exact reason).

Are there any ways to transfer Pokesav'd Pokemon from a computer (Windows 7 64 bit) to a retail copy of Pokemon Black? I really don't want to buy another Action Replay, because they are terrible and the mini disk will ruin my slot-loading DVD drive. Is there some sort of GTS method like there was in gen 4?

How can i check level 1 pokemon IV's? There are no level 100 wi-fi battles, subway and battle institute don't work with level 1's...

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
How can i check level 1 pokemon IV's? There are no level 100 wi-fi battles, subway and battle institute don't work with level 1's...
Either use Rare Candies until you can narrow it down, use the battle subway IV check dude, or do a level 50 IR battle. The Hidden Power checker dude helps too.

Am I correct in my observation that, unlike in previous generations where the moves of your breeding partners were "locked in" when it came to the children they produced based on what they possessed when you deposited them, this version removes that feature and "allows" you to produce eggs after the initial batch that are absent of desired egg moves as their parents forget their moves when leveling up? I'd love to be shown that I'm just doing something wrong, but I'm concerned that any desire of mine to do some serious breeding just went out the window :(

If that does happen, you can always just get them to a level where they don't learn any more level-up moves.
Unfortunately, that puts a serious damper on my habits of just throwing the cream of the crop of my recently hatched eggs back in the Day Care straight away. Guess I'm just going to have to take some time to Audino grind each batch before continuing on to the next one... Ugh.

THIS IS FOR RAIJINKEN WHO HAD AN EV THREAD LOCKED. THIS IS NOT A RANDOM GUIDE.

HOW TO EV TRAIN

EV reset berries are no longer obtainable AT ALL outside of Dream World, so basically you just have to use perfect EV enemy targets. The new mechanics make doing some things a breeze. Take for example, a 4HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd Lilligant .

1. Get Pokerus (optional, but halves time training.) The lower the level, the better.
2. WITHOUT a training item, battle 2 (or 1 with Pokerus) Audinos WHILE HOLDING A LUCKY EGG. This will boost your levels significantly if against an Audino Lv. 20 or higher (Lv. 50 Great Hole Audinos give tens of thousands of experience at this level, but this may not be practical for in-game EV training.) Two Audinos gives 4HP EVs and boosts your HP by one point. You will now be on a level high enough to fight enemies.
3. Use 10 Calcium and 10 Carbos
4. Now equip a Power Lens and search for a Pokemon with Sp. Atk (the Tower of Heavens is a great place for Sp. Atk). Battle 15 Elgyem and Litwick (assuming Pokerus, double without). You have now trained in Sp. Atk to the max.
5. Go and battle, say 15 Woobat, or 8(?) Basculin (the amount you battle no longer matters anyway as your EVs are nearly peaked). You are now trained in Speed.
6. Go and destroy everybody with your trained-up Pokemon!

As you can see, not TOO much has changed! Just be careful not to mess up! Remember, on ANY Pokemon with ANY HP requirements, Lv.50 Audino and Lucky Egg will quickly elevate you to a level at which you can fight independently. If you cannot use these Pokemon (HP-free EV spreads), search Serebii for other high-level wild encounters awarding 1 or 2 EVs and use these. Obviously, more complex spreads require more thought, but all you need is a little mathematical capacity!

Good luck! ^_^

Can genderless Pokemon breed with other non-Ditto genderless Pokemon (for example, a Magnemite with a Porygon)? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I just want to make sure.

If a Shelmet holding an Everstone is traded for a Karrablast, what will happen? I remember in GSC, the in-game traded haunter you get is holding an Everstone and doesn't evolve, so I assume Shelmet wouldn't. Yet Karrablast would then get a shell from nowhere.*

See my dilemma?

Can someone fill me in on what moves have their damage cut in double battles?

I haven't played doubles since JAA and it seems like the mechanics have changed since third generation. Back then, (from what I was told) moves that hit the entire field like EQ hit at full power, while moves that hit both enemies only were cut in half.

From everything that I've been able to find now, all multi-target moves hit at 75% power regardless of if it hits your ally as well or not. Is that accurate? If so, is there any advantage whatsoever of using those type of moves anymore?

@Nightmare13: I am pretty sure that your information is accurate. Moves that cover the entire field hit for full power, moves that target all opponent pokemon hit for 75%. At least in Doubles. Don´t know if they are even weaker in Triples.
--------

When do I need to save in order to soft-reset the roaming Raijin? In front of the house(before the granny comes out) or inside the house, after she is done talking?

Can anyone offer an explanation as to why my Scolipede didn't learn Megahorn when it evolved? It's level 31 now, with Bug Bite, Poison Tail, Pursuit, and Baton Pass.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Can anyone offer an explanation as to why my Scolipede didn't learn Megahorn when it evolved? It's level 31 now, with Bug Bite, Poison Tail, Pursuit, and Baton Pass.
You need to learn the move at the move re-learner since its no Lvl-Up Move and you need a Heart Scale for this.

Something I've been wondering for a while.

I know +1 is a x1.5 boost, and +2 is a x2 boost, but what about past that? Is +3 x1.5x2=x3, and +4 x2x2=x4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)