Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last question I have, I have Tyranitar as my lead (in a sandstorm team).

He's running the following move set:
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Anybody know of an item that work work well with this Tyranitar lead? I was looking for a Stealth Rock set in the strategy dex but couldn't find one... Does this mean I should most likely have someone else in the team set it up? I can foresee perhaps a contradictory being either pursuiting on a predicted switch or using Stealth Rock so I'm not sure what to do there.

dr00 said:
okay, so i haven't been too up to date on much of the mechanics changes in gen 5

can someone tell me what in the hell happened to critical hits?

just got OHKO'd by a -4 atk druddigon using revenge against my +6 def whimsicott
the attack did 3% the turn before...

i've seen it do lots of damage, not much extra damage....

do they ignore stat changes now?
Crits ignore attack drops of the attacker and the defense boosts of the defender. iirc its been the same since rby.

okay, so i haven't been too up to date on much of the mechanics changes in gen 5

can someone tell me what in the hell happened to critical hits?

just got OHKO'd by a -4 atk druddigon using revenge against my +6 def whimsicott
the attack did 3% the turn before...

i've seen it do lots of damage, not much extra damage....

do they ignore stat changes now?
Critical hits have always ignored stat changes. More specifically, they ignore negative stat changes to the attacker's attack stat, and positive changes to the defender's defense stat.

do you know when smogon will release the b/w tiers and movesets

do you know when smogon will release the tiers and movesets for b/w

please and thankyou :adam:

Just how restricted are the wifi battles on Black and White now? Is there any possible way to have 6v6 battle and autoleveling Pokemon to level 100 like in Diamond/Pearl?

2 questions:
1) For the event to get Zorau and Zoroark, do the event pokemon have to be transferee from a 4th gen game to that copy of black or white, or can I get one of the events from a friends black or white game once they get their zoroark?
2) Is Dream World not available for English games yet? My friends and I have been trying for a few days, but none of us have had any luck with it.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
For the event Zorua/Zoroark, once the specific event Pokemon has unlocked Zorua/Zoroark, it cannot be reused for that purpose again. You would need to acquire another Pokemon to do so.

Celebi gains a flag in its stat screen saying it found its friend Zorua, and the beasts gain a flag saying they encountered Zoroark.

But if you had two Celebi, only one of them would gain the flag at a time per game save. The other would be fine.

what are some good 5th gen special attackers? i dont really want to train a sazandora cuz that will take forever, are there any others?
Competitively? Zoroark, Urugamosu, Rankurusu, Shanderaa, Denchura, and Borutorusu.

I believe Denchura is easy to raise, as most bugs are. Urugamosu breaks that trend 'cause it evolves at, like, level 50-ish.

Hello there.. I'm new and I'm somewhat lost here but I think that I found a good place to ask this question:
Is It possible to run the RNG Reporter on Linux?
If yes, then how?

Competitively? Zoroark, Urugamosu, Rankurusu, Shanderaa, Denchura, and Borutorusu.

I believe Denchura is easy to raise, as most bugs are. Urugamosu breaks that trend 'cause it evolves at, like, level 50-ish.
o i forgot about denchura thanks! i like all the other pokemon you mentioned a lot more but they take so long to raise and i'm just looking for something i can train quickly and use to battle my friends this weekend

Hello there.. I'm new and I'm somewhat lost here but I think that I found a good place to ask this question:
Is It possible to run the RNG Reporter on Linux?
If yes, then how?
Depending on what distro you are using, you may be able to run it in Wine.

Also, are there any ways to transfer Pokesav'd Pokemon from a computer to a retail copy of Black or White?

Depending on what distro you are using, you may be able to run it in Wine.
I use Ubuntu, I think that If a way to do It exist then I should be able to do It.. Ubuntu is a pretty popular distribution.
Also, I'm not sure but I think that I've read somewhere that It doesn't work on wine.

I use Ubuntu, I think that If a way to do It exist then I should be able to do It.. Ubuntu is a pretty popular distribution.
Also, I'm not sure but I think that I've read somewhere that It doesn't work on wine.
I'm assuming you are using Ubuntu 10.10. I haven't used Ubuntu since the early stages of 10.04, but I am assuming you still need to manually update the repository for Wine inside Synaptic. You should be able to figure out how to do that by doing some Google searches. After you have updated your repositories, uninstall Wine and then reinstall it. In a terminal, run "sudo apt-get remove wine" and then run "sudo apt-get install wine." After doing this, try your application and see if it works.

I'm assuming you are using Ubuntu 10.10. I haven't used Ubuntu since the early stages of 10.04, but I am assuming you still need to manually update the repository for Wine inside Synaptic. You should be able to figure out how to do that by doing some Google searches. After you have updated your repositories, uninstall Wine and then reinstall it. In a terminal, run "sudo apt-get remove wine" and then run "sudo apt-get install wine." After doing this, try your application and see if it works.
I updated the respository (first "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa" then "sudo apt-get update"), uninstalled and installed wine.
I tried to run the .exe file that I downloaded from here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057
but.. strangely nothing happened.

Edit: Tried to do some more things in the terminal and got this: "wine: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables
"
Edit2: Installed what was missing.. and It works. Thank you very much.

Can someone explain why Reuniclus is so special? I've read a few RMTs and a vast majority have this guy and claim he's so good, he's broken... I looked at his stats and move pool and I'm not that impressed. Someone want to elaborate on that?

Can someone explain why Reuniclus is so special? I've read a few RMTs and a vast majority have this guy and claim he's so good, he's broken... I looked at his stats and move pool and I'm not that impressed. Someone want to elaborate on that?
Magic Guard protects the guy from hazards and residual damages from status & weather. Reun has good bulk to set up w/ Calm Mind, instant recovery in Recover, access to Trick Room, and 125 base SpA. Nuff said.

Magic Guard protects the guy from hazards and residual damages from status & weather. Reun has good bulk to set up w/ Calm Mind, instant recovery in Recover, access to Trick Room, and 125 base SpA. Nuff said.
I stand corrected, that ability is absolutely killer, almost too open ended.

I updated the respository (first "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa" then "sudo apt-get update"), uninstalled and installed wine.
I tried to run the .exe file that I downloaded from here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057
but.. strangely nothing happened.

Edit: Tried to do some more things in the terminal and got this: "wine: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables
"
Edit2: Installed what was missing.. and It works. Thank you very much.
Glad to know that I could help. It's good to know that Linux users exist on here.

Can someone please breakdown how to calculate Reshiram's IV's and nature just from the level 50 numbers? Or link me to an online calc that can do it? I'm trying to SR and not being able to see the nature in his stats is annoying...

Can someone please breakdown how to calculate Reshiram's IV's and nature just from the level 50 numbers? Or link me to an online calc that can do it? I'm trying to SR and not being able to see the nature in his stats is annoying...
You can use Serebii's listing of his max stats for level 50 to get a pretty good ballpark of his IV's. That's all I know to do, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 16)