Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I amanged to do it fairly easily on the other computer; you need to complete four levels, as Bombkirby said. I had one annoying try where I lost on the last brick of the last level due to dodging the ball as it came to me... Oh well, got my Espeon now. Back to playing Sableye's gem game!
I was so close! Well, I lost at the start of level 4, but...

Make sure to catch all of the orbs that are the same type as the Eevee you wish to catch. IE: If you want Vaporeon, catch all the water ones. (The ice ones look REALLY similar though.)
This. For those going for Vappy (we'll need some Hydration Vaporeon circulating), I'd suggest stocking up on the blue orbs in the first 2-3 levels, and you should outnumber the ice orbs in the 4th level. This game is actually kind of fun lol.

Hopefully some people will go for Leafeon as well, it is a decent sweeper in Sunlight. The rest are...subpar at best.

I am indeed. Inner Focus sucks for Umbreon because so few flinch attacks are used (Jirachi's Iron Head, and Umbreon can't beat Jirachi anyway).

Quick Feet Jolteon is overkill - Volt Absorb already gives it an immunity to Thunder Wave and heals it. I guess it speeds up when burned or poisoned but then, what doesn't Jolteon outpace anyway? Quick Feet won't help it get past Ferrothorn or Tyranitar anytime soon, either.

Ice Body Glaceon is decent, but Glaceon's horrendoes movepool makes it a subpar pokemon in general. At best, it reduces it's Stealth Rock weakness to that of 1x.

Finally, Guts Flareon. It doesn't particularly threaten much with its 65 base power Fire Fang, and with its DW ability it loses access to Superpower (which is absolutely needs for Tyranitar).

Without a doubt, the best DW abilities for the Eeveelutions are Magic Bounce, Hydration, and Chlorophyll. In that order.

EDIT: I got your sarcasm, but there are those who won't so I posted my reasoning lol.

Does it even matter what one you get, since won't breeding a DW Eeveelution have a chance of producing an Anticipation Eevee, which will then evolve into any Eeveelution with its DW ability?

Heading into the elite 4 for the first time, want to see if anyone notices any weaknesses on the team that I should worry about on the first run through. They are all level 46

Conkeldurr
Chandelure
Samurott
Sigilyph
Excadrill
Galvantula

One problem I notice is I have 0 ice type moves on the team and Samurott is the only one with a dragon move and that's dragon tail, am I gonna have to worry about that on the first run through?

I amanged to do it fairly easily on the other computer; you need to complete four levels, as Bombkirby said. I had one annoying try where I lost on the last brick of the last level due to dodging the ball as it came to me... Oh well, got my Espeon now. Back to playing Sableye's gem game!
I'm confused. There's a game on pokemon.com that plays like breakout where you can win a free DW eeveelution? How does it know how to get it to you? Is your DW account linked to pokemon.com once it is up?

Make sure to catch all of the orbs that are the same type as the Eevee you wish to catch. IE: If you want Vaporeon, catch all the water ones. (The ice ones look REALLY similar though.)
I might be nitpicking, but you seem to imply that you need to catch ALL of a certain orb to get a certain one, when you actually only need to get more of that orb than the others.

I got an Espeon, then made another account and got a Vaporeon. May stockpile some more if I'm ever bored enough.

Just caught Reshiram, brought it down to about 1/2 health, used a quick ball after 3 turns, and caught it...is it supposed to be that easy?

Wait, can you stockpile eeveelutions? I thought you could only connect to one account per game? Oh and are the natures and IVs set? Or can you reset for them in the Entralink?

Looking back on that old "what pokemon would you want on your team thread", I said that I would go through the game with Whimsicott, Eelektross, Volcarona, Mienshao, Chandelure and Zekrom. My lack of knowledge was on full display lol.

I finished with Erufuun (later Virizion), Krookodile, Archeops and Victini. One out of six isn't bad I guess.

I'm confused. There's a game on pokemon.com that plays like breakout where you can win a free DW eeveelution? How does it know how to get it to you? Is your DW account linked to pokemon.com once it is up?
Yes; you need to make a Pokémon Trainer Club account, and this will be linked to your game when the Pokémon Global Link goes live. You can win an Eeveelution now, and then transfer it over via the DW when it becomes active.

Wait, can you stockpile eeveelutions? I thought you could only connect to one account per game?
I believe each account is limited to one copy each of Black and White and vice versa; at least, I recall the website saying something like that before B&W were launched... The Terms of Use also say you should only make one account, and Nintendo can ban you if you disobey. But they're unlikely to find out, I'd imagine. But if you restart the game you can maybe link it to a different account?

Hopefully some people will go for Leafeon as well, it is a decent sweeper in Sunlight. The rest are...subpar at best.
I can't imagine why you'd go to all the trouble to get one with decent IVs/nature, with Sawsbuck and Tangrowth running around. Plus, Chlorophyll Bulbasaurs have been released in Japan, and may be released in the west by the time GL is released.

This isn't really an in-game concern, though, is it? One way around this is to own multiple copies of the game, obviously, or multiple account creation (this is RISKY). If you're a teenager, just ask every relative for B/W on your birthday and you'll be fine...no, that won't work. How about...trading with friends???

Is it worth getting a Conkeldur in-game, or should I just wait for a Mienshao? I just finished the Iccirus gym, and am looking for a fighting-type for my team. Any other suggestions, maybe?

I'ma just gonna ask this here.

How do I determine what Eeveelution I get for playing that game on pokemon.com?
From what I can tell, it's based on the amount of a specific orb. If you mostly have the pink orbs, you get espeon or mostly yellow orbs you get jolteon, or it could've just been a fluke on my part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)