5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

SaxMeister13, thanks for the great breeding guide! Just one question, though, for you or anyone else who may know. If you have to advance the PID due to receiving an incorrect nature, then what is the purpose of the everstone? Is there a 50% chance of inheriting the right nature each time you advance the PID? If not, the everstone seems inconsequential since you're really just using trial and error to eventually hit the proper PID. I appreciate anyone's insight, since breeding proper nature to go with my perfect spreads is eluding me right now.

Is the PIDRNG always the same in the same situations? I'm saved in Relic Castle with a frame 1 encounter, so I just have to advance the PIDRNG a bit to get a shiny Yamask when I Sweet Scent. I've already calibrated it so I know what the starting point is (frame 42) and how many times I need to turn in place to reach the shiny frame. If I leave to go do other stuff in my game, then at a later point in time, come back here and stand in the same spot, will the PIDRNG starting point still be 42?

I've been trying to breed for A Flawless Cottonee and Ive been having issues with Nature/Ability.

I have IV frame 11 and since egg generation is 8 I have had 3 pokemon in party etc move 128 and then talk to the daycare man. So far Ive been successful in getting Flawless eggs but they always have the wrong nature/ability, even with a parent with an everstone...

Any ideas?

Also, how could I make the egg shiny with correct nature/ability? I know it has to do with Secret ID but I just want some elaboration...

Okay, so it seems my question wasn't answered. I wish I could find the advance search so I can see my last post. But apparently it isn't there anymore. So anyways, I will ask again. I am using C-Gear Abuse for RNG
(Well I think I am) and I got to the part where I click on the Online feature to the C-Gear. But when I click the lowered left side, it says, "Please config your internet connection", which I already did and yet it keeps saying that.

Am I doing something wrong? Also, which is better to do, RNG Non C-Gear or C-Gear?

Edit:

I have a DSi btw. So that means, I can't RNG?

Okay...let me trace my steps. I'm (still) going for a Timid Flawless Deino by standard non c gear method by capture in the wild. I am using PPRNG for Mac.

1. Punched in my Mac address (00-23-CC-BF-8A-5F) in the DS Parameter Searcher. Punched in the date and time I was going to start my DS (4/1/2011 at 1:01:23). My version is White English and I'm using a DS Lite. Loaded the game, caught a Pokemon and entered the IVs.

2.Searched Results. Got one result : 5DF156DB74E9B37B, Timer0 = C7F (the only one I ever seem to get), Vcount= 60, VFrame= 6, TIME: 01:01:24

3. Added the parameters to the configuration window.

4. Opened Standard Seed Searcher Window. Punched in IVs (31/0-31/31/31/31), set the dates to search from (4/10-4/30/2011), set minimum and maximum IV frames (1-6), checked "None" and "One" boxes under pressed buttons, and searched.

5. Got six results. I'll post one.
DATE: 2011/04/13 TIME: 6:12:23 Timer0: C7F Keys: X Seed: 532794DAB840B84B
IV FRAME: 1 31/2/31/31/31/31 HIDDEN: DRAGON PWR :70 !!!Frm: 818 NATURE: BRAVE ABIL: 0 SYNC: Y ESV: 1 GENDER : M/M/F/F

6. Loaded the game one second before the result time (due to the actual second), holding X. Load the game, DID NOT TURN ON C-Gear, and immediately Sweet Scented (my result frame was 1). Ended up catching a Deino Female level 39, Brave Nature, with 25-26/29-31/26-28/5-7/21-23/-8 IVs.

7. Double clicked the result in the searcher to bring up the inspector window. Clicked adjacents tab. Left the Seconds box as 1. Left the PID boxes untouched. Left the IV Frame as 1. Left the Encounter type as Wild Grass/Cave. Generated.

8. Got about 50 or so results. Every single of them has the Timer0 C7F. Only a handful have the IVs I want, and each one has the time and date exactly shown as the result in the searcher. The only difference between the good results is the PID (?) and the nature.

I really need help on this. This is as elaborate as I can get. I have no idea what to do next. :(

Thanks.

I've been trying to breed for A Flawless Cottonee and Ive been having issues with Nature/Ability.

I have IV frame 11 and since egg generation is 8 I have had 3 pokemon in party etc move 128 and then talk to the daycare man. So far Ive been successful in getting Flawless eggs but they always have the wrong nature/ability, even with a parent with an everstone...

Any ideas?

Also, how could I make the egg shiny with correct nature/ability? I know it has to do with Secret ID but I just want some elaboration...
Have you tried saving before leaving the house to change the nature frame? Otherwise you'll be hitting the exact same Pokemon every time with no variance from the previous attempt (so a missed everstone will be a missed everstone the next time)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Can someone please explain the shiny finder to me? I see that when I run a search for 31/X/31/X/31/31 (for a shiny Whimsicott) I have quite a few results. One example seed, 981A89D2 gives me a nearest shiny of 115. I beleived there was no way to tell the encounter type that was found from this generation. When I put this seed into the main form the closest frame to a shiny I find is on frame 1779, with wild pokemon when trying every encounter type. What exactly does Nearest Shiny mean and what do I need to do to get my shiny pokemon?
New page for this. I'm still unable to actually get a shiny by using the shiny finder or understand the exact steps needed for RNGing a shiny pokemon.

I saw an earlier post of yours where you were struggling to find your starting PID frame for eggs, was that only when you were trying to breed a shiny or did the problem present itself when just breeding non-shinies for IVs, too? I've been having the same problem where I can't find any matches in the PIDRNG that correspond to the pattern of natures I'm getting.
SaxMeister13, thanks for the great breeding guide! Just one question, though, for you or anyone else who may know. If you have to advance the PID due to receiving an incorrect nature, then what is the purpose of the everstone? Is there a 50% chance of inheriting the right nature each time you advance the PID? If not, the everstone seems inconsequential since you're really just using trial and error to eventually hit the proper PID. I appreciate anyone's insight, since breeding proper nature to go with my perfect spreads is eluding me right now.
I can actually answer both of these questions at once. :)

I only care about finding my starting PID frame when I'm messing with shinies, and since I've had absolutely no success in that area, I've given up for now. When I'm just going for IV's and nature, I find that it's more trouble than it's worth to look up exactly what PID I'm starting on and calculate exactly how many saves/Chatots I'd need to do. It's easier just to repeat it a few times and you get the right one sooner or later.

If I wasn't using an Everstone, then after each save there'd be a 1/25 chance of getting the correct nature. At that point, it might become more efficient to check your PID. With an Everstone, though, there's roughly a 1/2 chance of it being correct (people have been arguing over the exact math, but in a practical sense, it's 50%). So yes, I'm using trial and error, but it takes a lot less trial and error with the everstone than it would without.

Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if my use of a Power item was making it impossible to find my starting PID. I'll try without them and see what happens.

I'm still looking for help with shinies. If someone wants to explain how to make it work, I'll write up another guide (or edit this one, either way).

Cool guide SaxMeister13.

About shiny abuse, I was wondering if using an everstone worked the same as synchronize for the PIDRNG. I remember reading a while back that using either an everstone or Power Item would screw up the PID frame advancement, and you addressed the issue of the Power Item, but if you're planning on doing some testing already, I thought it might be worthwhile to mention as a suggestion.

Can someone please explain the shiny finder to me? I see that when I run a search for 31/X/31/X/31/31 (for a shiny Whimsicott) I have quite a few results. One example seed, 981A89D2 gives me a nearest shiny of 115. I beleived there was no way to tell the encounter type that was found from this generation. When I put this seed into the main form the closest frame to a shiny I find is on frame 1779, with wild pokemon when trying every encounter type. What exactly does Nearest Shiny mean and what do I need to do to get my shiny pokemon?
I'd actually like someone to help explain this to me aswell. Like when I put the full seed into the main window, am I supposed to deal with only one encounter slot for grass/caves?

Hey guys, I have an issue on hand with the Stationary Pokemon Synchronized Frames.

I'm trying to get a shiny Virizion with good stats. I've RNGed other wild pokemons before and had success with those. Unfortunately, with Virizion, I get the right PID, I get the right seed, and do everything correctly. I even land the right nature that RNG says I will get.

The only problem is... RNG Reporter says it's shiny, but it's not. I know all my inputs are correct because I've used it on other pokemons and recieved shinies and the right stats there already.

Could there be a bug on the RNG Reporter 6.2 on Stationary shinies?
I do hit the right seed and PID frames and get the right results. Just not shiny.

So Ive been getting my seed only sometimes now...
It seems when I save in order to advance PID it gives me a Cottonee with the right nature/ability but wrong IVs...

Its 1:46:55 with a delay of 1 so I hit it at X:X:54 but it still only sometimes gives me full IV with wrong nature/ability

Hey guys, I have an issue on hand with the Stationary Pokemon Synchronized Frames.

I'm trying to get a shiny Virizion with good stats. I've RNGed other wild pokemons before and had success with those. Unfortunately, with Virizion, I get the right PID, I get the right seed, and do everything correctly. I even land the right nature that RNG says I will get.

The only problem is... RNG Reporter says it's shiny, but it's not. I know all my inputs are correct because I've used it on other pokemons and recieved shinies and the right stats there already.

Could there be a bug on the RNG Reporter 6.2 on Stationary shinies?
I do hit the right seed and PID frames and get the right results. Just not shiny.
No, I don't believe it is. Yesterday, (With 6.2), I RNG'ed a Shiny Flawless Virizion in a Heal Ball and it came out fine. So, I think you might have overlooked something. But it is defiantly not RNG Reporter 6.2.

Also Im having issues in general with breeding....

When I leave the house (which I have to in order to get the egg) is my PID advanced because of the two fuckers spinning around?

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I'm trying to find my parameters but it doesn't seem to work for me. At April 10th, 11:55:30, I started my game and used my sweet scenter to find a wild woobat, which I determined to have a 31/6/21/30/24/1 IV spread. However, when I try to generate results, I get none. I am playing on an English White with a DS lite and my MAC address is c23570. I would apreciate it if someone could help me with this.

Edit: I also did not press any buttons while loading.

New Page

I'd actually like someone to help explain this to me aswell. Like when I put the full seed into the main window, am I supposed to deal with only one encounter slot for grass/caves?

No, I don't believe it is. Yesterday, (With 6.2), I RNG'ed a Shiny Flawless Virizion in a Heal Ball and it came out fine. So, I think you might have overlooked something. But it is defiantly not RNG Reporter 6.2.
I get the Flawless IVs and checked 9 frames from my starting frame up, and I hit all of them properly for PIDs.
But as soon as I get to the shiny, I get the proper nature too for it, but it's just not shiny.

So I'm sure I'm hitting the right Seed and PIDs.
All my parameters are correct too and made sure it's on Pokemon White on Time Finder too.

What are things that would affect a PID on the Generator besides the TID and SIDs?

Edit:
I've tried 4 different seeds to see if I can land the shiny for the stationary pokemon, but none of them are shiny, just the right nature with the right IVs given to me by RNG.

Will the official release allow you to search for more specific spreads? As in for gender, ability, minimum shiny frame, encounter slot, etc. Tired of searching for seeds for 5 hours and not finding what I'm looking for.

Under Step 3 of your tutorial, I am confused about finding your starting PID frame. You mention saving in front of the gift box. Is this after restarting a new game and getting your starter pokemon? I'm just confused by the term, "gift box."
What this means is that you need to save in front of the Gift Box before you get the Pokémon. Then you hit your target seed and get the Pokémon right away without saving first. Then you get it after saving once, twice, and so forth until you can determine which PID frame your seed starts on.

What this means is that you need to save in front of the Gift Box before you get the Pokémon. Then you hit your target seed and get the Pokémon right away without saving first. Then you get it after saving once, twice, and so forth until you can determine which PID frame your seed starts on.
Ah, ok. That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. I figured the process probably involved restarting the game to figure out the PID frame the seed starts on. I just wasn't fully sure.

And yes, this looks far easier than Researcher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)