Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

I wanted to know where I can get the RNG reporter by mingot. Right now the link to the file is broken, and I really want to start RNGing high IVs. Thanks!

Hey Smogon!

So I got White about a month ago and just recently caught a shiny Patrat (Yah!). It's a Mild nature, and if I'm not mistaken, that should mean that all the other shinies I get in the wild should be Mild (haha that rhymed). Does this mean that if I always lead off with a mild pokemon with synchronize that my chances of finding shinies increases? If so, how much and If not why not?

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Hey Smogon!

So I got White about a month ago and just recently caught a shiny Patrat (Yah!). It's a Mild nature, and if I'm not mistaken, that should mean that all the other shinies I get in the wild should be Mild (haha that rhymed). Does this mean that if I always lead off with a mild pokemon with synchronize that my chances of finding shinies increases? If so, how much and If not why not?
First off, that's a fifth gen question, ask it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78826

Second, the nature of a shiny, or any wild pokemon for that matter, is randomly generated. So the fact that you found a mild nature means nothing about natures of future shinies.

Third, Synchronize won't effect the rate of finding a shiny, whether the synchronizer is mild nature or not.

I'm looking for the following please PM for offers:

(ID: 11588) (OT: Thomas) (Hoenn)
Shiny Deoxys-D*
31 | 31 | 31 | 7 | 31 | 31
Careful | Pressure | Lvl 50 | Untouched
Seismic Toss | ExtremeSpeed | Counter | Recover
Shiny Deoxys can only be caught in 3th Gen.
Note: Emulator used / Cloned by AR

or any other Deoxy's from him...!

&

Any of Eppie's Shiny Emerald Mew's!

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Just wondering: If I have a Mothim and I use camouflage, will I lose my STAB? I know I will become normal type, so would I still get the 1.5 boost on Bug Buzz and airslash?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just wondering: If I have a Mothim and I use camouflage, will I lose my STAB? I know I will become normal type, so would I still get the 1.5 boost on Bug Buzz and airslash?
It'll be lost since what camouflage does is to wipe out your pokemon's current type and replace it with another until you switch out.

Can someone recommend me a good wifi spin blocker that can preform similair roles as rotom?
I've been experimenting with spirit tomb but he doesn't do what I need it to.

I've got a interesting yet somewhat simple question to ask: Why do critical hits usually happen when the Pokemon is at very low health? It kind of ticks me off of how stupid this is, as I didn't need the crit when the 'mon is at a very low KO health range.

Is there some kind of calculation that GameFreak screwed up on that makes this happen? This kind of goes for both gen 3 and 4, as I've been playing both Pokemon Colosseum and XD again after a few years of them collecting dust, and I've noticed that this happens a lot in the 3rd generation games as well as when I use to battle 4th generation (DS to DS or simulator; didn't matter).

If no one really knows the answer, then no biggy; I'm just curious is all. Thanks in advance.

~ Aether Nexus

i see alot of people using .pkm files to create and save their pokemon. the created pokes have all legit data, even down to the PID. and then the poke is transferred to the game cartridge via R4 card or something like that. is this method of obtaining pokemon considered hacking?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
i see alot of people using .pkm files to create and save their pokemon. the created pokes have all legit data, even down to the PID. and then the poke is transferred to the game cartridge via R4 card or something like that. is this method of obtaining pokemon considered hacking?
It's really a matter of personal preference/beliefs. I personally don't mind obtaining a pokemon from it's .pkm data (as long as they've been caught on emulator or R4 through normal gameplay). However some other people are more strict about it so if you wanna use this kind of method when trading or battling you better tell the other person about it beforehand.

Is there an offensive lead that beats Lead Machamp and some other common leads?
Choice Band Azelf or Gallade are offensive, beat Machamp and they also do well against other leads.
Just a nitpick - for CB Azelf, use a spread of 144 Atk / 112 SpD / 252 Spe. This allows you to live LO Starmie's Hydro Pump so you can smack it with U-turn in case you lose the speed tie. With Azelf's humongous attack stat and the CB boost, the power drop isn't very noticeable.

Guess no one really knows why Critical Hits happen more often when the Pokemon is at low KO range HP? Well, no matter, I have a new question (previous question is still up for if anyone wants to give it a shot).

Anyway, new question. Since I'm too lazy and haven't played the new generations in months, here's a question I'm sure someone can answer: If I have let's say my Absol out and I use Sucker Punch and the opponent switches, does it hit the incoming Pokemon or does it not work? Site info for the move says nothing about it hitting a switching 'mon, so not sure if it will hit or not (maybe that's why the site doesn't mention it, as it probably doesn't hit the switching 'mon -- at least I assume that, but I could be wrong).

~ Aether Nexus

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sucker punch fails when the opponent switches, so theoretically they could keep switching to make you run out of sucker punch pp

I've got a interesting yet somewhat simple question to ask: Why do critical hits usually happen when the Pokemon is at very low health? It kind of ticks me off of how stupid this is, as I didn't need the crit when the 'mon is at a very low KO health range.

Is there some kind of calculation that GameFreak screwed up on that makes this happen? This kind of goes for both gen 3 and 4, as I've been playing both Pokemon Colosseum and XD again after a few years of them collecting dust, and I've noticed that this happens a lot in the 3rd generation games as well as when I use to battle 4th generation (DS to DS or simulator; didn't matter).

If no one really knows the answer, then no biggy; I'm just curious is all. Thanks in advance.

~ Aether Nexus
no idea, it happens to me in platinum. and it works with the opponents to, like when i'm at low health. i have done a little studying about critical hits, but this is still baffling. but actually, it makes cense, if your at low health and vulnerable, its a critical hit. still i have no idea, just sayin it does that with me
and the in-game opponents.

Guess no one really knows why Critical Hits happen more often when the Pokemon is at low KO range HP? Well, no matter, I have a new question (previous question is still up for if anyone wants to give it a shot).

Anyway, new question. Since I'm too lazy and haven't played the new generations in months, here's a question I'm sure someone can answer: If I have let's say my Absol out and I use Sucker Punch and the opponent switches, does it hit the incoming Pokemon or does it not work? Site info for the move says nothing about it hitting a switching 'mon, so not sure if it will hit or not (maybe that's why the site doesn't mention it, as it probably doesn't hit the switching 'mon -- at least I assume that, but I could be wrong).

~ Aether Nexus
if it worked that way, it would beat pursuit by like 50 damage or something.
i have had it failed on switching pokemon so i guess it doen't work or else it would be a lot better.

Question: Let's say I have the Bulbasaur family (Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur). I obtained a Bulbasaur and bred it, and from that new bred Bulbasaur I re-breed two more Bulbasaurs (to become an Ivysaur and Venusaur -- this is in regard to Pokedex completion reasons) -- will each Bulbasuar have its own PID, or will they all be the same?

Now, I'm pretty sure this is correct, but if I obtained the first bred Bulbasaur (after obtaining the one not from breeding, by like say from the beginning of FR/LG, etc.) and traded it to my Emerald version and cloned it (2 more times) using the cloning glitch, they'll all have the same PID, correct (well, they'll all have the same information, but I'm mainly concerned about PID's right now)? Or if I clone it, will it obtain a different PID (because dont each Pokemon gain its own PID which makes it different from every other Pokemon obtained in the game?)? Lastly, how many digits are there in a Pokemons PID? Isn't it like 32 digits or something? The last question is merely for curiosity reasons, as I use to think they were in the digit range of your ID/SID, so not
sure if what I read was right or wrong.

Edit: 2 more questions.

1) Is there any Pokemon that has one type in its one evolution stage that changes type in its second evolution stage? Like, say if the first Pokemon was Fire/Dark, but then its evolved form becomes Water/Dark -- is there such a Pokemon that changes its type like that when evolving? Not asking if there is a Pokemon with those types, just wondering if there is a Pokemon that changes types completely like that of the example, but not with those types.

2) I have a Tyrantiar and a Reigrock out in doubles (3rd gen) and both 'mon gain a boost from Sandstream, correct? Now, my Regirock is the Swagger/Psych Up Reigrock set on-site (3rd gen) and I use Swagger first turn on one of my opponents 'mons then Psych Up the gained boost. My question is this: Will Reigrock lose his boost from Sandstream if I Psych Up a Pokemon that doesn't gain from Sandstream? Or will I gain the +2 (and so on) boost from the 'mon as well as retain my boost from Sandstream? Basically, will me Psych Up'ing the other 'mon take away my Sandstream boost or will I still have that and gain the other Pokemons upped stats (from Swagger, etc.)?

~ Aether Nexus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)