5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I think I found a weird glitch. I am rnging Axew right now in the cave and I am hitting my seed and PID frame right with a ADAMANT synchronizer and its giving me a Naive nature with it but when I don't use my ADAMANT synchronizer I get a bold nature which is what i should get with a synchronizer. Is my synchronizer broken?
Sounds like your timer0 is fluctuating.

Sounds like your timer0 is fluctuating.
I really don't believe so because if that was it I wouldn't get the exact ivs, gender, ability, and Pokemon that its saying I would. The only thing the is different is the synchro nature when I don't use my synchro it gets the nature it supposed to get with a synchronizer. Its a weird problem.

I really don't believe so because if that was it I wouldn't get the exact ivs, gender, ability, and Pokemon that its saying I would. The only thing the is different is the synchro nature when I don't use my synchro it gets the nature it supposed to get with a synchronizer. Its a weird problem.
Did you get the exact same PID + IV when you were and were not using a syncher?

Did you get the exact same PID + IV when you were and were not using a syncher?
Yes I did. Same exact PID + IV frames. Im checking to see if it does the same thing with a different adamant synchronizer or if there is just something wrong with the one i am using. Its still weird though.

Hi, so I’m attempting to RNG abuse a Terrakion, through standard abuse. The seed is 31E023DC, and the desired set of IVs is on frame 6.

I've managed to hit my seed 4 times. Each time I’ve used a jolly synchronizer, but every time the Terrakion has been Quiet natured. I tried re-saving the game after two getting two quiet natures in a row, but it happened again. I re-saved again, only to receive another quiet natured Terrakion after hitting my seed, and doing the required number of advances.

My DS’s MAC address is 001B7A5C27AA. I feel like this is just something little I am missing, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, so I’m attempting to RNG abuse a Terrakion, through standard abuse. The seed is 31E023DC, and the desired set of IVs is on frame 6.

I've managed to hit my seed 4 times. Each time I’ve used a jolly synchronizer, but every time the Terrakion has been Quiet natured. I tried re-saving the game after two getting two quiet natures in a row, but it happened again. I re-saved again, only to receive another quiet natured Terrakion after hitting my seed, and doing the required number of advances.

My DS’s MAC address is 001B7A5C27AA. I feel like this is just something little I am missing, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Are you advancing the PID frame any? If you aren't, it's no surprise you're getting the same nature each time; natures are tied to the PID frame not the IV frame.

I suggest you get yourself a pair of chattering Chatots and then paste your seed into the main window of RNG Reporter, select Method 5 PIDRNG, hit 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame' hit generate and find a fitting frame. Count how many frames down it is, then listen to that many Chatot chatters as needed before talking to Terrakion.

Are you advancing the PID frame any? If you aren't, it's no surprise you're getting the same nature each time; natures are tied to the PID frame not the IV frame.

I suggest you get yourself a pair of chattering Chatots and then paste your seed into the main window of RNG Reporter, select Method 5 PIDRNG, hit 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame' hit generate and find a fitting frame. Count how many frames down it is, then listen to that many Chatot chatters as needed before talking to Terrakion.
Okay, so it looks like on frame 23, I will get a jolly nature. Sooo now I have to listen to exactly 23 chatot chatters?

EDIT: actually on frame 3, I will get a jolly nature. Not that it really matters, but...

Okay, so it looks like on frame 23, I will get a jolly nature. Sooo now I have to listen to exactly 23 chatot chatters?

EDIT: actually on frame 3, I will get a jolly nature. Not that it really matters, but...
Did you have it calculate your initial PID frame? Usually the initial frames are in the 40s or 50s. You want to find your initial frame, then calculate the difference between the initial and the one you want, then listen to exactly that many chatot chatters. Remember to record the chatter first, though. Doesn't work otherwise.

Edit: One thing to note is that if you're advancing your IV frame by walking, you'll also advance your PID frame as a side effect. From what I was told earlier in the thread, every 19 steps you take, regardless of whether they're in an area that can trigger a battle, will advance your PID frame by 1. So take that into account when trying to go for high IV frames and still control your PID frame.

After RNG for a few months. My offset went from 1 second to 2 seconds. I have to actually start the game 2 second earlier then usual. Do anone encounter this before?

Yes I did. Same exact PID + IV frames. Im checking to see if it does the same thing with a different adamant synchronizer or if there is just something wrong with the one i am using. Its still weird though.
So I still think I found I glitch. I switched the Adamant synchronizer I was using for another one and now got an Adamant Axew. The first one still gives me Naive though. Not on any other pokemon though just the specific Axew for the seed I was doing. I think I found a weird number glitch in pokemon.

New page, still need help with this. :{

Ok, I am really, really confused.
First, I'll ask this: is it possible to RNG stationary legendaries in B/W after using a re-battle code?
(I messed up and hit one IV frame in front of my target frame when catching Virizion the first time, so that's why I'm using the code...)
Anyway, I'm using the same exact seed and methods, but I'm getting shit IV's that don't show up in RNG Reporter. I get the right nature, since I guess the PID frame is the same, and I've re-done the math over and over again, and I should be landing my IV frame, but I'm not...
My seed is C02F3D83898D4E0C, my ID is 57769, my target frame is 25, so I have 4 Pokemon in my party, and I walk 768 steps (so 3 max repels and 18 steps).
My guess is that I can't use a re-battle code, but I guess that doesn't make sense since I'm hitting the right PID frame. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it, thanks! ^^

Well things aren't 100% perfect. I'm pretty sure even RNG reporter has a flaw when giving out results every 10000000 times.
The thing is that I don't think its the RNG Reporter's fault. The actual game is screwing up because both synchronizers had an Adamant nature and on the same exact seed and PID frame one gave me Naive and the other gives me Adamant like its supposed to. Maybe it was a glitch in the pokemon programming. IDK im just chalking this up to really weird.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Frame 1's are really not hard to find. Use em.

Everyone else not posting pictures/everydetail gets no answer (from me at least, lol). Saying you got one thing instead of another is inadequate. Please follow the rules.

Please help me.

I'm trying to learn how to RNG, and I figured I'd start with something simple: a flawless Jolly Durant (except SpA, of course). I've hit a couple of snags:

- Acquiring the IVs seems to be the easiest bit, as I've advanced the frame enough.

- Acquiring the Durant is...tricky. I either get the Durant with the right nature, wrong IVs (which I assume is because I screwed up the first part), a Durant with the right IVs and wrong nature, or the right IVs and nature on the wrong Pokemon. Also, I checked for my Initial Frame for the PIDRNG, and I always hit my target time. I just don't seem able to put it all together, even with the encounter slot, nature, and ability set.....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

EDIT: I'll try to be more specific. My full seed is 8864EBA61B623F74, time is supposed to be 05/28/2011, 1:29:25; that target frame is 55. The PIDRNG that I'm aiming for wants a frame of 94, the encounter slot is 0, the starting frame is 45, and the PID is 37C1A66E. I shall post pictures once I remember how to do that...

Sorry about the huge pictures; I suck at both RNGing and computer savvy-ness (also English, apparently).

When I did min/max at 1, I got nothing. Plus, I accounted for that with the IVs, at least: I'm saved in the middle of Terrakion's old room. I Escape Rope out to the Pokemon League, go to the box, move 7 Pokemon, run back to Terrakion's room, and then kind of do a lap around, which altogether advances the frame by 54. Which should bring me to 55, right?

EDIT: Wait, would that Ace Trainer at the bottom of the screen advance the frame? He would, right? Damnit...

Edit: forgot some things...

Ok, I am really, really confused.
First, I'll ask this: is it possible to RNG stationary legendaries in B/W after using a re-battle code?
(I messed up and hit one IV frame in front of my target frame when catching Virizion the first time, so that's why I'm using the code...)
Anyway, I'm using the same exact seed and methods, but I'm getting shit IV's that don't show up in RNG Reporter. I get the right nature, since I guess the PID frame is the same, and I've re-done the math over and over again, and I should be landing my IV frame, but I'm not...
My seed is C02F3D83898D4E0C, my ID is 57769, my target frame is 25, so I have 4 Pokemon in my party, and I walk 768 steps (so 3 max repels and 18 steps). My Mac Address is 001BEAA1124D.
My guess is that I can't use a re-battle code, but I guess that doesn't make sense since I'm hitting the right PID frame.

Here's an image:

Here's what I get instead of the correct IV frame: Virizion - #640 (Hasty) : 14 - 15 / 21 / 16 / 7 / 4, 6 / 15, 17
Looked that up in RNG reporter and it tells me it's like frame 30 billion or whatever...so I know that's not right. I tried doing it and not advancing the PID, and that gave me quirky (which is the starting PID frame for that seed). Otherwise if I miss the seed, I get lonely.
I hope this is enough info, I'm just really confused as to what I'm doing wrong, or if my Virizion is invalid because of the rebattle code.

When I did min/max at 1, I got nothing. Plus, I accounted for that with the IVs, at least: I'm saved in the middle of Terrakion's old room. I Escape Rope out to the Pokemon League, go to the box, move 7 Pokemon, run back to Terrakion's room, and then kind of do a lap around, which altogether advances the frame by 54. Which should bring me to 55, right?
- If you go for flawless, you will most likely have to switch the month/year a lot to get a frame 1~6.

- You should get some more seeds with terrakion since your spatk can be from 0~31

- It isn't a good idea to do the method you're currently doing. More chances for error and it's just not good. Only reason you should do that is if you want the capture date to be "reasonably real", and if you really wanna do that, you should walk in the room to advance the frame.

Question: While I don't recommend your current method, do you have the proper # of pokemon in your party when walking back? You advance X frames for every 128 steps with X pokemon in your party.

I've got 5 Pokemon on me, so that I could get 7*7+5, which is 54, which would bring me to 55 since I assume my initial frame is 1, and knowing that my starting frame is 1.

I already caught all of the stationary legendaries, which is problematic now that I've decided to try to do this. But alright, so you're saying I should just switch up the month to get an ideal frame? I mean, the problem usually isn't the IVs; it's usually the nature/Pokemon. Would that be rectified if I had a better frame?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I took your advice, set the frame to 1, then spammed my sole Chatot until I got it. Thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)