Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

We all know when your team is made up of only 3.. you will be hot and cold throughout any season / post-season. I'm not really surprised by what has happened so far in this series.

CaptKirby said:
Heat had about the same luck as us, I want to thank them for missing enough free throws that we could win :)
Wade/LeBron are 70% shooters. I still wouldn't call it luck. Maybe if they were 90% or so like Dirk.

Okay so you insist on being wrong, Lakers, that is really cool...Nowitzki has certainly never shrunk away from fourth quarters, at least not the last several years that I have paid attention to these sorts of things. His playstyle is not to take hero shots, and you want to equate that with passivity, which is illogical.

Marion was the hero of this game, 100%. Without him doing what he did ALL game, we would not have been in it close enough to still make that comeback. Heat had about the same luck as us, I want to thank them for missing enough free throws that we could win :)
Its not about hero shots... I dont get why you keep saying that. In the last few minutes of a game you want your best player with the ball its simple. When you need a basketball in the last few minutes of a game, it should be your best player with the ball. I dont get whats so hard to understand about that... Hero shots are Jason Terry chucking up 3's to try and cut that lead in game 1, thats not what im asking from Dirk...

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Close...2-7.
It's just typical LeBron. Everyone was acting like he figured something out or he had the pressure taken off by having Wade and Bosh in the supporting cast. He shot his brains out in game 1 and they didn't win by much. I knew with a few minor adjustments the Mavs could come back and win game 2. Now all the pressure is on the Heat to prove they won't have any lingering effects from a devastating loss they could have won. Most of the role players for Dallas will start shooting better now since they are going back home. If the Heat can't steal home court advantage back right away, they are in trouble.

DerrickRose you made it sound like the Heat were lucky this game. The two points in my post were clearly separate. One was that you were bringing up luck. The other was thanking the Heat for their nice 66.666666 free throw shooting.

DerrickRose you made it sound like the Heat were lucky this game.
I know. It was a joke. You know my true stance on this. =p

meanwhile, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpW4RGfCHds&feature=feedu

Edit:

After praising how Shawn Marion is playing, LeBron James made one thing clear Saturday when asked how Marion is defending him: “I don’t feel like it’s one guy in this league that can stop me one-on-one. He’s the guy that’s guarding me, but there’s no one-on-one guy that can guard me.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213982/LeBron_No_One_Can_Defend_Me_One_On_One#ixzz1OPsUPb6R

Unfortunately LeBron, someone is guarding you.

Edit edit: I don't like Ronny suddenly coming back. I don't expect him to have a good game.

Suprised to see that Dirk didn't take the shot on the second to last play. He scored their last 12 points but then decided to pass to Marion. Nowitzki should have just continued what he was doing.

Although since the beginning of the 2-3-2 format, in a series tied 1-1, the team that has one game 3 has won the series 11 out of 11 times, I still wouldn't discount the Mavs. However, game 4 will no doubt be do or die for them.

Did anyone else notice how the Mavs seemed to be throwing balls away throughout the game? It seemed like the Heat wanted it more which I kinda thought was suprising.

The craziest deferment this game was to Marion for him to try a three at the end of the second quarter I think it was? I was shaking my head. Not that Dirk deferred on that one.

If the Heat win this series.. I'll have to say Erik Spoelstra would be the least deserved coach to win in NBA Finals history.

If Mavs keep TO's to a minimum and make those quality shots, especially Chandler who's slow at fast paced plays as you saw yesterday. Mavs would win.

Ps: J.J. Barea has been quiet :/

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Barea has also missed a lot of open looks in this series. The Heat are playing him well but there's no excuse to miss open layups in transition, and almost every 3-ball he's had a chance of shooting. I don't think he's "met his match", he's choking. He's still getting into the paint and getting shots almost at will, he is just lacking the execution he needs if they want to beat the Heat. The Mavs bench needs to play well or they will have no chance.

And I can't stand these flops. The NBA needs to do something about it this offseason, I like the idea some people have suggested about reviewing them after the game and issuing suspensions and/or heavy fines. It's worse than watching a soccer game.

jrrrrr said:
Barea has also missed a lot of open looks in this series.
There comes a time where we move from "He's just missing shots" to "The other team is keeping him out of the paint." He's been struggling for a while now. That's a trend in my eyes.

The big men of Miami are long an quick; in fact, quicker than any big men Barea has come against far. Almost every paint attempt he has, make or miss, is with contact. Every other thing he does is a long jumpshot (and he has not taken that many in the past playoff series so in other words, he's settling for where he's less effective).

Barea has been guarded fairly well.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That would be true if Barea couldn't get into the paint against Miami, which he has been doing for the last two games. He's missing open layups, you can't give Miami all the credit for that. He's been guarded well but not well enough to explain a 21% shooting percentage.

They aren't open layups. He's finishing through contested hands and taking tons of contact. Getting to the paint doesn't necessarily mean the shot is going to be easy too.

And he's still taking more jumpshots than he usually does.

and a 21% shooting percentage doesn't just happen after 3 series of doing well. He's facing more mobile big men. That's really the only explanation here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)