Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get brownie points for turning a shitty pokemon into something awesome.
Yay thanks!

Anyone have requests for new zombies? Any pokemon? Any pokemon at all?
Yes. Choose:
A) Deoxys
B) Drowzee
C) Charizard

Or, let's explore trainer sprites!
A) Zombie Cynthia
B) Zombie Burgh
C) Zombie Swimmer

glhf

Edit to Blastoise: Sweet Jesus that Rock/Fire Lairon. And Vespiqueen (although you flipped the wings).
Lickilicky + Ice cream dudes made me lulz

Hey guys, first I just HAVE to say WOW these sprites are so cooool! Ahem, aside the newbie comment, the reason I think these exceed standards is because my sprites are quite rubbish >.> I'm not proud of them but determined, so be critical but if you don't mind I'd like some ideas for improvement? Some that I make will be for a hack I'm making of fire red so keep that in mind. Sorry btw for cheating using digimon but I'm still practicing my spriting skills and I promise I'll start revamping pokemon or making some from scratch later :)

(Based on digimon Frimon)

(Based on digimon Leomon)

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, first I just HAVE to say WOW these sprites are so cooool! Ahem, aside the newbie comment, the reason I think these exceed standards is because my sprites are quite rubbish >.> I'm not proud of them but determined, so be critical but if you don't mind I'd like some ideas for improvement? Some that I make will be for a hack I'm making of fire red so keep that in mind. Sorry btw for cheating using digimon but I'm still practicing my spriting skills and I promise I'll start revamping pokemon or making some from scratch later :)

(Based on digimon Frimon)

(Based on digimon Leomon)

Thanks in advance
If you're looking for a guide to spriting Pokemon, below is a pretty good guide the webmaster of the Cave of Dragonflies created. Great up until the Scratching process, but should be good enough to learn most of the ropes, IMO. +)
http://dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx

If you arent experienced that much, then you shouldnt start with scratching, which is likely the hardest part of spriting. Instead start with recolors to get the hang of stuff, then splicing, and once you think you are ready, then you can start scratching. :D

All of those zombie Pokémon are awesome, so of course I have some requests for new ones (partially because I love zombies, partially because I had a similar idea like a year ago): Muk, Marowak, and Sableye

Also: I'm not sure what it is but it looks like a miscolored patch on Swampert's chin and neck

Yes. Choose:
A) Deoxys
B) Drowzee
C) Charizard

Or, let's explore trainer sprites!
A) Zombie Cynthia
B) Zombie Burgh
C) Zombie Swimmer

glhf
All of those zombie Pokémon are awesome, so of course I have some requests for new ones (partially because I love zombies, partially because I had a similar idea like a year ago): Muk, Marowak, and Sableye
I'll try all of these! Perhaps they'll be up soon, we'll see how long it takes.

Could I get an evil-looking Excadrill on an Avatar with the Name Phear (fancy letters of course :DDD) and a Banner to go along with it, with the same Excadrill, as well as an evil Latias, with the words, Can you conquer your Phears?

Kickass fallen angel zombie Deoxys is kickass.
Zombie Drowzee gives the exact effect I imagined it to,
but I'm not so sure about one-legged Charizard ._.

Also you're fourteen and you have a date? Hot dang you got skill!

Could someone please pm/post here with...
4 signature banners with different text and colors and Pokemon (Commander, Captain, Field Operative, Operative)
Similar to http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a444/bekkistevenson/youngspartan.png

One banner, with {Highest Quality} as the text, similar to
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Kaseys_guardian/Forum%20Graphics/iSwoosh-1-1.png

Thanks! This time I didn't say edit though, just make new onez
EDIT: There's more!

http://i53.tinypic.com/25qr5ua.gif
That is beautiful. Make one that has latios on it and says {HQ}Eternity blue animated text
And one with Magnezone that says {HQ}Astark
And one with Vaporeon that says {HQ}BeaverFX

I would suggest not using as much blood and missing body parts as you guys did, as it kind of subtracts from the look and it doesnt appear as good. use minimal editing, like below:

Although, marowaks belly isnt as good as it should be, but the different shades of green together made him unrecognizable.

I would suggest not using as much blood and missing body parts as you guys did, as it kind of subtracts from the look and it doesnt appear as good. use minimal editing, like below:

Although, marowaks belly isnt as good as it should be, but the different shades of green together made him unrecognizable.
The point of Zombies is to make them look torn, vulgar, groady, damaged, all sorts of horrific appearences in one persona. There's no such thing as too much blood and gore (well, there is I suppose, BUT ANYWAYS...). All of these zombies you guys have been submitting look great (albeit the yellow ears on Venusaur throw me off).

ALSO!

The one legged Charizard is for ASB. I use Zombie pokemon, and my new Charmander (Therma *female) is missing her right leg as a result in a fight with a Kanghaskan. :p

Psh! Everyone knows high school dating doesn't count!
as long as they're not in it for sex SURE IT DOES

That Venusaur is probably my favorite, and I like the Muk but I think it'd be a bit better if the tongue were a light grayish green with cuts on it and blood spilling out the mouth maybe.

I think I'll have a go at zombie Sableye in a few as well just because I enjoy going blood-happy on them lol.

Hmm... I guess youre right. IMO, zombification is just a recolor and too much editing changes that, but as long as it looks good and visually pleasing and what not, then yeah that seems more logical. :D

as long as they're not in it for sex SURE IT DOES
*rolls eyes*
of course. NOBODY is in it just for that these days... right? i wouldnt know too much, im a middle schooler... innocence yay

Hello everyone! I'm a new spriter, and I've decided to post some of my sprites here, for everyone to enjoy/get a confidence boost from. Without any further ado, here are the sprites!
This is a repose of an Articuno that Icy requested around ten pages back(Not ICC, a different user).
These four are for WSCs.

A Reuniclus/Nosepass fusion.
My version of the Ninja Cyborg challenge thing.
Red Bull gives you wings!
This is supposed to be one of the biggest threats in UU, so I made a sprite of it. What is it? A Star Raptor! (Ba dum tis!)

Finally, I have some Afro Pokemon for a friend's RMT.

Any C+C is appreciated. I also do requests, if for some reason someone wants one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)