5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Under ds parameters, does the Black Version (Korean) work properly?

I cant seem to RNG my starter in my korean cart with the same other parameters from my english game

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Under ds parameters, does the Black Version (Korean) work properly?

I cant seem to RNG my starter in my korean cart with the same other parameters from my english game
In the developer notes in the first post:

Recently added (but not yet released)

Fixed: 5th gen seed prediction now works correctly for Black Version (Korean)
Didn't expect you to be able to know where the answer was... wait until the next release :S

I have a quick question.

When RNGing a shiny Thundurus at the League, at the Hall of Fame it advances by 6, right? So should I look for shiny Frames on 6 or 7? Since IVs are gonna be pure luck...

Edit: I'm assuming it's 7 then, since it starts out on 1, then advances 6 during the Champ battle.

I'm currently RNGing Thudnurus at the lady's house. Should I be RNGing at the E4? And is there any way to RNG thundurus's nature at the lady's house?

I'm currently RNGing Thudnurus at the lady's house. Should I be RNGing at the E4? And is there any way to RNG thundurus's nature at the lady's house?
If you RNG at the E4, that means you'll be able to get it shiny more easily, but the IVs probably won't end up good. At the lady's house, you can control IVs more easily, but you'll have to keep re hitting your seed until you get the nature you want (When you hit your seed the first time, do your IV advancements and go outside to Thunderus. If you don't get the nature you want, hit your seed again and save once before going outside. If you don't get your nature again, save twice and go outside, and repeat until you get the nature).

If you RNG at the E4, that means you'll be able to get it shiny more easily, but the IVs probably won't end up good. At the lady's house, you can control IVs more easily, but you'll have to keep re hitting your seed until you get the nature you want (When you hit your seed the first time, do your IV advancements and go outside to Thunderus. If you don't get the nature you want, hit your seed again and save once before going outside. If you don't get your nature again, save twice and go outside, and repeat until you get the nature).
Okay, thanks a lot.
What I've been doing is hit my seed wait a second.
Hit my seed, wait two seconds and so on all the way up to 29.
I've never hit timid. =P I'll just chatter instead of saving. Thanks!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want to start RNGing for IVs and nature (no shininess) for a wild Pokemon found in grass/caves (no rustling grass/swirling sand). I've successfully RNG'ed stationary Pokemon but how is stationary different from ones in the wild? Is it basically the same process, just saving in the designated area where the Pokemon you want is and hitting your seed?

How do you control which Pokemon you encounter in the wild? Say I want a Deino with flawless IVs and a nature of my choice. How would I make sure I encounter a Deino rather than another Pokemon in that area?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want to start RNGing for IVs and nature (no shininess) for a wild Pokemon found in grass/caves (no rustling grass/swirling sand). I've successfully RNG'ed stationary Pokemon but how is stationary different from ones in the wild? Is it basically the same process, just saving in the designated area where the Pokemon you want is and hitting your seed?

How do you control which Pokemon you encounter in the wild? Say I want a Deino with flawless IVs and a nature of my choice. How would I make sure I encounter a Deino rather than another Pokemon in that area?
encounter slots (and nature) = PIDRNG control

it's all in the guide

The difference between stationaries and other wild pokemon is that you'll need to learn about encounter slots. IVs work the same as stationary pokemon, but there's an encounter slot tied to the PIDRNG frame you're on.

In RNG Reporter, when you load up any seed under Method 5 PIDRNG, the second column is your encounter slot. Basically what you need to do is click the "5th Gen Tools" menu item on top, and click "White Encounter Table" (or black, if that's what you're rng'ing on). This will open your web browser. Hit Ctrl + F to search for the pokemon you're trying to RNG. We'll say you're after a deino on Victory Road. So you search for your deino, you see that he's on Floors 1 and 3 on victory road, and he can be found on encounter slots 3, 7, 9, and 11.

From there you just re-check your rng reporter window, and find a PIDRNG frame that has the nature, ability, gender, and encounter slot you want. This will be your target for chatters / saves.

One other thing is that to encounter the pokemon you should use a sweet scenter. Foongus works great.

The difference between stationaries and other wild pokemon is that you'll need to learn about encounter slots. IVs work the same as stationary pokemon, but there's an encounter slot tied to the PIDRNG frame you're on.

In RNG Reporter, when you load up any seed under Method 5 PIDRNG, the second column is your encounter slot. Basically what you need to do is click the "5th Gen Tools" menu item on top, and click "White Encounter Table" (or black, if that's what you're rng'ing on). This will open your web browser. Hit Ctrl + F to search for the pokemon you're trying to RNG. We'll say you're after a deino on Victory Road. So you search for your deino, you see that he's on Floors 1 and 3 on victory road, and he can be found on encounter slots 3, 7, 9, and 11.

From there you just re-check your rng reporter window, and find a PIDRNG frame that has the nature, ability, gender, and encounter slot you want. This will be your target for chatters / saves.

One other thing is that to encounter the pokemon you should use a sweet scenter. Foongus works great.
Very good explanation, thanks a bunch!

I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, but it seems to take much longer to find a seed for shiny flawless encounters than it did for me finding seeds for shiny flawless eggs. Is this normal? I've been searching for 5 hours with 3 keypresses and no results...

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, but it seems to take much longer to find a seed for shiny flawless encounters than it did for me finding seeds for shiny flawless eggs. Is this normal? I've been searching for 5 hours with 3 keypresses and no results...
duh, shiny flawless encounters can't have parents passing 3 IVs, and thus is 32^3 times more difficult to find!

Lower your standards...

I searched all day for a shiny Larvesta egg spread that is Modest, Flame Body, and Hidden Power Rock. 3 keypresses. About 12 hours worth of searching while I was at work and I come home and it found no results.

Is there any point in me continuing to try? Are the odds that much against me?

I searched all day for a shiny Larvesta egg spread that is Modest, Flame Body, and Hidden Power Rock. 3 keypresses. About 12 hours worth of searching while I was at work and I come home and it found no results.

Is there any point in me continuing to try? Are the odds that much against me?
How are you going about your search? I suggest putting 30=< on everything but Attack, and HP_0 31 on attack. This way you will get HP 70 spreads and will find Rock among them. You dont need to worry about the IV in attack since you wont use physical attacks, and your spreads will still be HP 70. Make sure you check shiny and have a high max shine frame set (2000 at least)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Quick Q. I don't see a place on the newest RNG Reporter to handle DW Abilities in eggs. How... do we predict that, or can we yet?

[edit]
Wait, is that what the "Dream World Ability Only" button does?

If im using C-gear RNG to catch a flawless volcarona , and suppose that i did it, and now i want a flawless cobalion , do i need to repeat all the process with C-gear and timer again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)