Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I got a quick question on ID/SID abuse in both Soul Silver and Platinum.

At the end of the second timer do you press A right at the last sentence before you minimize?
I recently abused two IDs/SIDs on SS. I pressed A one second before the end of the second timer, because the ID/SID is generated when you minimize, not when you press A on the last sentence. However, by doing that, I always landed two seconds more than my target (My target was 14, I landed on 16). So I just adjusted the timer to make my target 12.

Idk if it would be different for you, because I was using an AR to check my SID (And I always use an AR when trying to hit my seed). I hope this helped :)

@GlassCandle: Sorry, I have no idea why. You might want to get someone to check your SID via AR just to be sure it's correct.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I have 2 badges now on my Platinum, just got passed Eterna Forest, could I just go to Rotom and RNG abuse it now? Or do I need something else first?

Is it possible to RNG Spiritomb via Odd Keystone in Platinum? Or would it be impossible with the roamers around?
There's only one NPC on that route and you can stop him with VS Seeker. I did it in Pearl with roamers but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do it in Platinum. It's method J, just like standing legendaries.
~Uiru

Alright, so, I'm trying to RNG the Chikorita starter on a game cart. My target frame is 7 (I know that seems a bit high, but I'm pretty sure I can hit it) and I'm saved in front of the lab. Is it just luck from here on out? I've hit my seed a lot of times and always ended up on 5, 6, or 8, but never 7 (Of course .-.). So I resaved so the NPCs will change their positions and hopefully allow me to hit 7. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or anything that will help me hit my frame more easily?

Btw, I'm using a Method 7 frame because I couldn't find a 1, 2, or even frame 3 with good IVs or encounter slots for Method K. So I know someone is going to suggest using a seed with a lower target frame, but the ones with lower target frames have lower IVs and no slots for Method K .-.

@Princess of Johto: Thanks for responding. Here's the weird thing. I have an AR and I rechecked my SID for both my Pearl and Platinum with it. But, the SID the AR was NOT the same as the SID I found via my shinies. I tried to RNG (on both versions) with their respective AR SIDs and it didn't work. But when I used my Pearl's shiny SID, the RNG works. SO, I'm not sure what's up with the AR's SIDs. The SID given by the AR (for my Pearl) was off by 4, while the platinum on was off by...I think 4 as well.

Still, I cannot get the RNG to work on my Platinum. It is really quite bizarre, and annoying. I am a computer science major, so I almost feel compelled to figure this out. I just can't let it go. :/

@Princess of Johto: Thanks for responding. Here's the weird thing. I have an AR and I rechecked my SID for both my Pearl and Platinum with it. But, the SID the AR was NOT the same as the SID I found via my shinies. I tried to RNG (on both versions) with their respective AR SIDs and it didn't work. But when I used my Pearl's shiny SID, the RNG works. SO, I'm not sure what's up with the AR's SIDs. The SID given by the AR (for my Pearl) was off by 4, while the platinum on was off by...I think 4 as well.

Still, I cannot get the RNG to work on my Platinum. It is really quite bizarre, and annoying. I am a computer science major, so I almost feel compelled to figure this out. I just can't let it go. :/
That is weird :o Umm, I really don't know. If it works on Pearl, it should for Pt. Sorry, I can't help you with this since I have no idea what's going on .-.

Also, still looking for any help/tips anyone can give:

Alright, so, I'm trying to RNG the Chikorita starter on a game cart. My target frame is 7 (I know that seems a bit high, but I'm pretty sure I can hit it) and I'm saved in front of the lab. Is it just luck from here on out? I've hit my seed a lot of times and always ended up on 5, 6, or 8, but never 7 (Of course .-.). So I resaved so the NPCs will change their positions and hopefully allow me to hit 7. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or anything that will help me hit my frame more easily?

Btw, I'm using a Method 7 frame because I couldn't find a 1, 2, or even frame 3 with good IVs or encounter slots for Method K. So I know someone is going to suggest using a seed with a lower target frame, but the ones with lower target frames have lower IVs and no slots for Method K .-.

I'm pretty sure this should go here, unless there's another thread for this...but I was wondering if the link to wild eep's ID Finder on the first page was broken because I tried downloading it on 3 different computers (And so did one of my friends) and once I clicked the download button all that appeared was "This link is broken" But the weird thing is it says it was downloaded 8 times this week so is it my computer or what?

Edit: IF anyone could help I'd be really grateful :)

While I can't help you too much, I can explain how your SID from AR and shiny's don't agree. For every ID, there are actually 8 SIDs that will make a spread shiny, all numerically next to each other. The AR finds your exact SID, while caught shinies tell you a possible SID. However, all 8 SIDs function exactly the same, so it shouldn't make a difference how you get your SID.

@pikachu25: Yes, I had read about the multi-SID...thing. (Oh, that was scientific)

But what's weird is that the exact SID I found for my Pearl didn't work when I tried to RNG. And neither my exact SID or shiny SID, for my Platinum, worked. It's really quite a conundrum. I'd love to research it further...but I don't know how. But, what I'd love even more, is if someone already knew what the heck is going on...craziness, I tell you.

Hi! At the moment, I am trying to RNG Abuse my ID/SID on Pokemon Pearl version, and I am having a bit of trouble hitting my delay.

First off, how can I input a delay into the timers if I am second off? Or more importantly, how can I get one less second when I am hitting my delays. For example, my target second is 30, but I keep getting 31. Thanks!(:

EDIT: Also, am I supposed to press "A" at the television screen when the timer ends?

Hi! At the moment, I am trying to RNG Abuse my ID/SID on Pokemon Pearl version, and I am having a bit of trouble hitting my delay.

First off, how can I input a delay into the timers if I am second off? Or more importantly, how can I get one less second when I am hitting my delays. For example, my target second is 30, but I keep getting 31. Thanks!(:

EDIT: Also, am I supposed to press "A" at the television screen when the timer ends?
If you're using PikaTimer you can manually adjust the First Timer. In your case, try deducting -0.25~0.40 secs.

And no, you're supposed to hit continue as soon as the Second Timer ends.

QUESTION!

I'm RNG breeding in Platinum and I already got the desired Nature/Shiny Egg, but I am currently saved on frame 3. Is there any way I can turn that to an even one?

This is starting to frustrate me... No matter how fast you mash A, the cowgirls seem to just be able to move right before I talk to the Day-Care Man. Funny thing is, I'm always on the right Delay every time... If there's any way to bitch slap these females... let me know. :(

When RNGing eggs. Do you have to call Youngster Joey to advance the frame before the Daycare man gets the egg or do you do it while he has the egg?

In the past I've done it before he gets the egg but I just did it now and it didn't advance the frame at all (no he didn't want a rematch).

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there something off at Lake of Rage? I'm trying to confirm my seed using Elm calls, and I've noticed that each starts at frame 3, based on the calls. For security, I'm doing this on a Wednesday, since I'm not sure Rain interferes, like in 5th Gen.

Oh, and how much does fishing advance the frame?

Is there something off at Lake of Rage? I'm trying to confirm my seed using Elm calls, and I've noticed that each starts at frame 3, based on the calls. For security, I'm doing this on a Wednesday, since I'm not sure Rain interferes, like in 5th Gen.

Oh, and how much does fishing advance the frame?
Yeah at LoR the starting frame is off sometimes. When I was abusing my Gyara it was 1, but on the first page somewhere it says the starting frame isn't 1 for the Gyara. And rain has no affect on the RNG in G4. :)

Idk about your question about fishing.

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 and i'm following KazoWAR's youtube video on how to RNG legends on HG/SS. I'm saved in front of Kyogre and my TID is 147, my SID is 65411 (Those I KNOW are correct)
Here is what i'm searching for:

Search for: Timid nature, Hidden Power Electric 70+, HP: >= 31, Atk: >= 31, Def: >= 31, SpA: >= 30, SpD: >= 31, Spe: >= 31, Min. delay: 479, Max. delay: 10000, Year: 2011
PID: C1677E3A (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31, seed: 48080A94, delay: 2697 (year: 2011), method 1: 5, K (synch): 4, K (no synch): None, HP: Electric 70

I'm synching it so I can get a Modest Nature. However when I input the seed into RNG Reporter with my TID and SID and hit generate nothing comes up...could someone please tell me what I did wrong?

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 and i'm following KazoWAR's youtube video on how to RNG legends on HG/SS. I'm saved in front of Kyogre and my TID is 147, my SID is 65411 (Those I KNOW are correct)
Here is what i'm searching for:

Search for: Timid nature, Hidden Power Electric 70+, HP: >= 31, Atk: >= 31, Def: >= 31, SpA: >= 30, SpD: >= 31, Spe: >= 31, Min. delay: 479, Max. delay: 10000, Year: 2011
PID: C1677E3A (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31, seed: 48080A94, delay: 2697 (year: 2011), method 1: 5, K (synch): 4, K (no synch): None, HP: Electric 70

I'm synching it so I can get a Modest Nature. However when I input the seed into RNG Reporter with my TID and SID and hit generate nothing comes up...could someone please tell me what I did wrong?
You can't use a Modest Syncer for a Timid seed. It won't work :P If you want a Modest nature, search for Modest.

Oh lol *facepalm* this is my first try so i'm new at this stuff...thanks for telling me :D i'll re-search for a modest nature then =)

Edit: Also what exactly is ID/SID abuse? Is it when you abuse your ID/SID at the beginning of the game so it's a certain number?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Oh lol *facepalm* this is my first try so i'm new at this stuff...thanks for telling me :D i'll re-search for a modest nature then =)

Edit: Also what exactly is ID/SID abuse? Is it when you abuse your ID/SID at the beginning of the game so it's a certain number?
Yes, and that certain number will give you 1 or more Shiny Spread with perfect IV's. (Flawless or Hidden Power IV's)

Yes, and that certain number will give you 1 or more Shiny Spread with perfect IV's. (Flawless or Hidden Power IV's)
I was about to ask a question on this actually. I opened OmegaDonut's XL document, which is quite, quite large. Before I dive into it at random, is there any ID/SID combination y'all might recommend for the Gen IV games with the best overrall results? What I mean is, is there one ID/SID combination that is the most preferred, having good shiny spreads for, say, 4 or 5 different natures? If this doesn't make sense I apologize, I haven't gotten to work with ID/SID generation yet so I might be misusing my terminology.

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was about to ask a question on this actually. I opened OmegaDonut's XL document, which is quite, quite large. Before I dive into it at random, is there any ID/SID combination y'all might recommend for the Gen IV games with the best overrall results? What I mean is, is there one ID/SID combination that is the most preferred, having good shiny spreads for, say, 4 or 5 different natures? If this doesn't make sense I apologize, I haven't gotten to work with ID/SID generation yet so I might be misusing my terminology.
I wouldn't say there is any ID/SID combo that's best persay (although I have seen some great ones), but you can usually find a good group of shiny spreads that have 4 or more in a group. :o
And from there, you can just plug one of those PID's into Pandy's Box and it'll give you a list of ID/SID combos to choose from. :p
It's just a matter of finding one that fits what you want to get shiny in your game. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)