VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also:

I have an extra hotel room at the Hilton from the 11th - 15th. (Thursday - Monday) If anyone is interested, PM me and we can talk from there!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyone can recommend an affordable place within walking distance of the bay Hilton where the tournament is? Unless the Hilton itself offers a special rate for patrons of its event (which it could, for all I know) I need to find someplace a little less pricey.
Bumping this because I would also like to not have to spend all of my money or sleep on the street.

Flame and Sanchan, both friends of mine, will also be attending the World Championships since both of them won invites in Masters in Cologne.

Also, am I the only one apart from kamz who sees that they actually cut down on prices? They only give out invitations to the winner and runner-up of each division but it doesn't say anything about paid trips because I'm sure that both BlueCookies and Yasuki Tochigi got paid trip to this year's Worlds in 2010. Although to be fair, Top8 get a free 3DS which is also really cool.

Well, that's all I have to say :D

European Armada unite and win that shit! We can do it this year!

Go United Kingdom!
Geht raus und holt das Ding!
Vamos a ganar!
Aux armes citoyens!
A vincere quest'anno!

Flame and Sanchan, both friends of mine, will also be attending the World Championships since both of them won invites in Masters in Cologne.

Also, am I the only one apart from kamz who sees that they actually cut down on prices? They only give out invitations to the winner and runner-up of each division but it doesn't say anything about paid trips because I'm sure that both BlueCookies and Yasuki Tochigi got paid trip to this year's Worlds in 2010. Although to be fair, Top8 get a free 3DS which is also really cool.

European Armada unite and win that shit! We can do it this year!

Go United Kingdom!
Geht raus und holt das Ding!
Vamos a ganar!
Aux armes citoyens!
A vincere quest'anno!
My friend, sure europe win, sure sure hahahhaha ;)
I'm strooooooooooong¡¡

2011:
24 3DS
3 Trips
6 Trophies
possibly 6 trips back?

2010:
16 Custom DS
2 Trips
4 Trophies
4 trips back

it's more of a big picture thing :x

Wow, prizes are amazing this year, and the European National Anthem is the same as the old folks radio show in the UK, the Archers.

Sign me back up for this guys! :D TCG is 3 hours before so if I can't make it through there, count on me running over to VGC LCQ Masters to represent India.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
Can someone do me a favor and explain how we get 60 spots?
8 from america
8 from lcq
8 from the 5 european regionals so 40
2 from korea

Add that up and you get 58, where do the extra 2 come from?

I really hope that they made a mistake and forgot to add the trip back to next year's Worlds. The prizes are really great, and them adding the Seniors division takes a lot out of budget, but if they really did take away the free trips, that would suck, ESPECIALLY if it was in Hawaii. That's also encouraging people to play at Nationals for the trip, taking away invites from other players...

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Seems that taking the trip for 2012 away could be controversial. IF we get a European winner, seems unfair that they might have to pay to go out and defend a title.
Unless of course, they put Worlds in Europe, and were more generous on US Nats travel awards... Jus' sayin'.

I really hope that they made a mistake and forgot to add the trip back to next year's Worlds. The prizes are really great, and them adding the Seniors division takes a lot out of budget, but if they really did take away the free trips, that would suck, ESPECIALLY if it was in Hawaii. That's also encouraging people to play at Nationals for the trip, taking away invites from other players...
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Absolutely 100% agree.

Also rooting for Worlds 2012 to be in Paris, it's time:pimp:

USA 8 invites
Europe 40 invites
Korea 2 invites
Japan 10 invites

If you look at that, Worlds would be most central for everyone if it was in Europe :) It is also located right between Japan and the U.S. so it would be central. You cannot call American Worlds "central" if a 2/3 majority of the invites go to Europe... It wouldn't even be more expensive for them because it would be 4 Americans flying over to Europe as opposed to 10 Europeans flying over to the States while it doesn't make that much of a difference where the Asian players fly to. Just sayin' ...

With that said, I must say I don't really believe they will ever be doing Worlds in Europe because TPCi is clearly America-centralised :(

lol europe gets 40 invites thats absurd
Well it's 8 times the number of countries there.
Last year it was one or two per countries, and europe was owned so bad.

Japan gets 0 invites, they should have gotten 14 but the tournaments were cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)