Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
@My earlier post:
Actually Giratina might do it better with Quiver Dance and a Bold nature. Higher defences would allow it to tank Shadow Sneaks. There's still the choice between Magic Bounce and Prankster, and between Substitute and Spore. You said that Sub is best on all set up pokes, but with Giratina it might not be necessary because of its massive bulk.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I am of the personal belief hackmons should have tiers, but only like two or three.

One tier for the absolutely gamebreaking pokemon like Acerus who have 720 BST, or Giratina who has a absolutely ungodly stat spread

One tier for the average, not hypergodly pokemon who have 500-400 BST

And perhaps one tier for pokemon with >400 BST

"Only 2 or 3"
1: OU (arceus, Giratina)

3: Average, 500-400 BST
4: > 400

- >400 = 500-400
- That's 4 (One from OU to 500 BST as well)
- around 400 BST we have powerhouses like Persian and Fearow. Do not want.

Some sets I've been trying to some succes (I haven't really test them because of not being a lot of battles but in the few I had they did ok)

I've found this set to be extremely effective. Smash while the opponent switches to a defencive mon, sub on the whirlwind, and smash again to wreck shit:

Ho-oh @ Lum Berry
Trait: Contrarian

- V-create
- Baton Pass
- Superpower
- Whirlwind / Roost

It's amazing to use on the sun since after you attack Extremespeed from Slaking fails to 2HKO, thus making it easy to eliminate Slaking, Blissey it's a set-up fodder as she can't do anything back since you'll have improved defenses (at least at the same level of the attack boost) an you resist both attacks (obviously pass to something with Magic Bounce if you have whirlwind), according to your last move you can whirlwind Giratina before you get Tailed or make Shedinja go away, Pass when something you can't touch shows up (Slaking seems way scarier now)

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy

- Safeguard
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Ingrain / Bug Buzz

This one is a bit tricky, since Shedinja also wants an attacking more and protect which I sometimes switch with ingrained, but you,ve three turns to set up, Shift Gearvcan be used so you can use Megahorn or X-scissor but you might die from rocky helmet / rough skin although I haven't seen anyone using them and then so you don't die to taunts, but Ingrain is amazing since many players response to Shedinja is roar to try and kill it with SR, so you're not helpless against Giratina, pass to something like Lugia and sweep

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Obviously more thought then that would have to be thrown into it. I was just generalizing.

Also, Snow Warning Deoxys-A. lolwut is this madness.

I like my Shadow Tag Deoxys-S:

Deoxy-S @ Mental Herb
Shadow Tag
Encore
Substitute
Shell Smash
Baton Pass

I usually lead with it. Come in against anything that doesn't attack you and Encore lock it into something useless. Set up all your Shell Smashes and a Substitute, then pass out to whoever. Mental Herb stops you being Encored by your own Magic Bounced Encores...

I recently fought a guy using a Shadow Tag Blissey with the moves Imprison and Transform. It was pretty cool as it basically completely shuts down any Pokemon - you are free to do whatever whilst they kill themselves with Struggle.

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy

- Safeguard
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Ingrain / Bug Buzz

This one is a bit tricky, since Shedinja also wants an attacking more and protect which I sometimes switch with ingrained, but you,ve three turns to set up, Shift Gearvcan be used so you can use Megahorn or X-scissor but you might die from rocky helmet / rough skin although I haven't seen anyone using them and then so you don't die to taunts, but Ingrain is amazing since many players response to Shedinja is roar to try and kill it with SR, so you're not helpless against Giratina, pass to something like Lugia and sweep
Or you could try Attack Order + shell smash as your sweeping move. Attack order means that no Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, or Rough Skin is going to hurt you and you still have a STAB physical attacking move. Mold breaker and anyone with Unaware+heart Swap will shut this set down like every other Boosting set lol but hey cant beat them all.

Speaking of which I was having an arguement with someone over the server about how his pokemon was "unbeatable" because it got soo many boost and behind a sub. Is there any pokemon that is unbeatable by any means? Meaning like if someone passed +6 in all stats slaking does that mean its an auto GG for you. I told him well depending on the set and pokemon the oppoenent has it is beatable. Is there any unbeatable poke out there no matter what set or how many stat boost it got?

I really like Contrary Ho-Oh. Seems to do well against everything except Dragons and Endeavor Sandstorm/Hail builds.

Ho-Oh
Ability: Contrary
Item: Chesto Berry
Nature: Adamant
V-Create, Psycho Boost, Draco Meteor, Close Combat

Not sure how I can improve upon it further. Maybe building a dedicate speed booster would help out.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@akela:

Give it Lum Berry instead of Chesto Berry. Does the same thing as Chesto Berry, except against all statuses, instead of just sleep.

Speaking of which I was having an arguement with someone over the server about how his pokemon was "unbeatable" because it got soo many boost and behind a sub. Is there any pokemon that is unbeatable by any means? Meaning like if someone passed +6 in all stats slaking does that mean its an auto GG for you. I told him well depending on the set and pokemon the oppoenent has it is beatable. Is there any unbeatable poke out there no matter what set or how many stat boost it got?
Well anything with Baton Pass at +6 behind a sub is technically unbeatable as you can pass to something who doesn't care about it, still, whirlwind Shedinja could beat a lot of pokes who don't have Ingrain or BP, the same goes to Unaware Giratina who beats Slaking that lacks Outrage, focus sash X Pokemon to destroy the sub and the imposter Blissey to steal the boosts or a hearth swapper

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well anything with Baton Pass at +6 behind a sub is technically unbeatable as you can pass to something who doesn't care about it, still, whirlwind Shedinja could beat a lot of pokes who don't have Ingrain or BP, the same goes to Unaware Giratina who beats Slaking that lacks Outrage, focus sash X Pokemon to destroy the sub and the imposter Blissey to steal the boosts or a hearth swapper
And even if you didn't have this stuff, there's always random critical hits to be afraid of, lol.

Hey guys. Right now, a few things are glitched on PS!. The biggest thing that's glitched is Magic Coat and Magic Bounce, which are just not working at all at the moment. This will make Spore leads a lot stronger in Hackmons.

While this is annoying, I'd like everyone to use this opportunity to try and find more ways around Spore. Yeah, there's Lum Berry Pokemon and Prankster Substitutes, but is there other ways to get past Spore?

Vital Spirit/Insomnia overcomes all but Mold Breaker Spores.
The problem with that is it's just outclassed by Magic Bounce.

I'd much rather use Sap Sipper. Everyone uses Spore as a sleeping move, so Sap Sipper grants you an immunity to that, while also giving you an attack boost when you're hit by Spore. It also grants you an immunity to Grass-type moves, but those are pretty rare.

Herbivore mons would laugh against everyone but mold breaker ones, and with a +1 Atk is not that is really outclasses, could be a nice boost in stuff like rock mons (resist ES) or Bulky waters

So, is setting up a bunch of evasion boosts a viable tactic in this meta?
Not sure..Know one has tried it out really. Whatever your setting up evasion for better be worth it while your opponent setting something else up or has unaware.

That was kinda the issue. It is sorta mine while I play a BP chain. I feel no matter what I will always be stopped by something. lol as ridiculous as this sounds(which isnt since this metagame is ridiculous as it as) People run multiple weird funky sets which will and can stop anything...For example

Slaking@ Lum berry
Pure Power
-Outrage
-Shadow Sneak
-Extreme Speed
-High Jump Kick

This set with +6 behind a sub with ingrain is STILL stopped by shedinja with heartswap. Or lets say you are "Unaware" that the giratina has Unaware and you do shadow sneak to try to take care of it(pun intended haha) You predict wrong while it steals your boost away. Or lets say you think it is Unaware and you use Outrage, but then its a prankster set and now you lose your boost cause of bad predict. Now take the same set but change it with mold breaker specificially to stop shedinja. Now you lose the ability to OHKO prankster Giritina with shadow sneak. While Prankster Giratina can heart Swap your boost away. As ridiculous as those sets are ive seen them and how frustrating it is to play against them. AKA im hyping heartswap up a bit but it really is that gamebreaking. Been running into alot of them lately and it is that really that good.

Hey guys. Right now, a few things are glitched on PS!. The biggest thing that's glitched is Magic Coat and Magic Bounce, which are just not working at all at the moment. This will make Spore leads a lot stronger in Hackmons.

While this is annoying, I'd like everyone to use this opportunity to try and find more ways around Spore. Yeah, there's Lum Berry Pokemon and Prankster Substitutes, but is there other ways to get past Spore?
Has this happened just recently or been going on. Ive seen Magic Bounce always bounce back spore?

canno

formerly The Reptile
Is Protect + Toxic Orb + Poison Heal or Protect + Toxic/Flame Orb + Guts viable? That could be a way to get around Spore. (I think only Poison Heal would be viable since Guts seems outclassed by Pure Power)

About contrary, i believe Reshiram is the best one out there. 120 attack is more than enough to hurt things with V-Create (Ho-oh has base 130: it's not THAT much of a difference) and it also has that 150 base special attack (much higher than Ho-oh), while also having STAB on Draco Meteor.

Reshiram @ Lum Berry/ Leftovers
evs everywhere man
Contrary ability
Nature: decide what nature is best

-V-Create
-Overheat
-Draco Meteor
-Substitute / Roost

Since only steel + Flash Fire pokes resists Fire + Dragon (and the only possible ones using it are the bug/steel pokes), that's enough coverage. Sub to block Spore/Imposter/something else, Roost for recovery since it works well with V-Create.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
About contrary, i believe Reshiram is the best one out there. 120 attack is more than enough to hurt things with V-Create (Ho-oh has base 130: it's not THAT much of a difference) and it also has that 150 base special attack (much higher than Ho-oh), while also having STAB on Draco Meteor.

Reshiram @ Lum Berry/ Leftovers
evs everywhere man
Contrary ability
Nature: decide what nature is best

-V-Create
-Overheat
-Draco Meteor
-Substitute / Roost

Since only steel + Flash Fire pokes resists Fire + Dragon (and the only possible ones using it are the bug/steel pokes), that's enough coverage. Sub to block Spore/Imposter/something else, Roost for recovery since it works well with V-Create.
Another good Contary pokemon is Heatran, who combines usable bulk with an Extremespeed resistance.

Unaware Shuckle is really hard to beat. Basically nothing in the game can OHKO it, and since it has access to recovery in this metagame it is even harder to beat. (Slaking's pure power outrage deals 53.3% - 62.7% before a power swap and with Shuckle having no defense boosts). Of course even then there are some things that can OHKO it, Pure Power Ho-oh's V-create for instance, but that is what the rest of your team and stealth rock is for right? (Or you could run rain with it).

The best thing about it is that Heart Swap would be useless against it because it has unaware. Let them take as many boosts as they want, it won't do them any good. :P

why would you ever carry outrage on slaking?

even if it is just for the calculations, use stone edge then, which is a OHKO with rocks

To deal with Giratina, since it's the strong attack Slaking can use against it.
Stone Edge will be a rare sight on Slaking, since it has limited use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)