Pokemon Nationals Shenanigans: A thread of joyous daydreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to bring my N64 and GC controllers, as well as 2 DS Lite chargers (in case anyone needs some), and a surge protector.

I love the idea of a playlist btw, I suppose I'll let my PSP tag along since it has all the custom tracks.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i'm sure user fish wouldn't mind bringing some of his controllers if they are needed.

on an n64 note, i'd love to combat via pokemon snap with whoever is willing!! :D

I'm too lazy to bring all those things, I'm not bringing scrabble, not bringing wii or SSB, not bringing whatever the hell else I said earlier. Feel like it's gonna be too cramped in the room already so yeah. Soz

Update on the Poke-Ball:

Unfortunately, our DJ does not have access to the audio equipment he would need to put on a good show. Things are looking bleak as my query to tpci to use their sound equipment that is already set up was denied. Sorry to dash anyone's hopes that were high for this kind of event =/ (Although I'm reasonably certain nobody actually cared, so it's not a big deal)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
hello.

allow me to introduce to you something that may blow your mind

http://www.iwsa.org/broomball.htm

i was googling places near the convention center (mini golf, roller rink, ice skating) and the third search was the charm. this looks SO FUN OH MY GOODNESS (it's only .2 miles away from the convention center!!!!!)

if there is enough interest to play some broomball (or even just go ice skating! reading through the site, basically the only thing you pay for is your skate rental/renting out a rink for the private broom ball bash, whatevs)

personally i am going to go ice skating no matter what because i hardly ever get to, but i think a smogon pseudo hockey game would be hilarious and a lot of fun.

I play hockey but I've definitely never played broomball (although I've heard of it), sounds like the kind of thing you can do with a small or large group and like a lot of fun! Might bring my skates anyway.

Be forewarned that broomball is a very physical sport and you can expect to come back with more than a few bruises.

That being said, I'm obviously down =D

Also, I could bring a game of mafia/werewolf (whatever you want to call it) down if we can get enough people. We'd need at least nine people though.

I'm out of anything involving standing on ice, broomball sounds fun if there is no standing on ice. I don't do standing on ice stuff, I am just bad at it.

Being my first time to Nats., I have just one question:

Seeing as how I keep hearing about Bball courts and soccer fields, is there a track as well? Man do I love to run (just that. Screw soccer for now).

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
...Despite never having skated on ice before, I would love to be part of a huge broomball game. Not sure if I'd even be able to becuase my grandfather is bringing me, but it would be fun.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hello.

i was googling places near the convention center (mini golf, roller rink, ice skating) and the third search was the charm. this looks SO FUN OH MY GOODNESS (it's only .2 miles away from the convention center!!!!!)

if there is enough interest to play some broomball (or even just go ice skating! reading through the site, basically the only thing you pay for is your skate rental/renting out a rink for the private broom ball bash, whatevs)

personally i am going to go ice skating no matter what because i hardly ever get to, but i think a smogon pseudo hockey game would be hilarious and a lot of fun.
Ice skating in June/July? I'm down!!!

Oh, and I guess broom ball would be fun too...

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
you HAVE to play the broomball in your shoes, i'm sure the establishment doesn't really want to be accountable for people deliberately skating toward one another with ice skates. broomball is shoe friendly, ice skates are meant for ice skating!

but yeah whether or not amply sized teams can be built for broom ball, i plan on going ice skating for a while regardless :D

hello.

This is Brilliant

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thinking about the temperature of Indianapolis last year, I'd kill to be in an ice rink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)