Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Just making a post to update people on what the hell happened to my Hard Emerald Scramble.

Long story short, video updates are done because the editing takes too friggin' long and the text updates aren't happening because that's a lot of work too for something I'm not sure anyone is following anymore.

So from now on I'm doing my Scrambling in a livestream on Twitch.tv. I'll have people joining me via Skype or G+ hangout to keep it fresh too. I might even stream things other than Pokemon sometimes.

The link to my Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/jimera0

Follow me and you should get announcements when I'm about to stream. Also, hanging around in #Orangeislands IRC is a good way to know when I'm going to start. If I get enough people regularly attending I might set up an actual schedule to make sure that things start happening in a timely fashion, rather than taking like a year to complete like this one has.

The main reason why I'm doing this is because I've found it's so much more fun to play Pokemon with other people around, and this gives me an easy way to do that. It also removes the need for me to spend hours after the fact writing up an update or editing a 2-4 hour video. Altogether much easier for me to manage, meaning I'm much more likely to actually, y'know, do it for once.

I hope to see you all there! Oh, also I'll start giving away scramblemon's here again soon, just wanted to post this before I forgot/whimped out.

Aries Flame, I give you Pyro the Chimchar, based on the Pyro class from Team Fortress 2. Its first priority is to light things on fire, so once it learns Ember, it must use a Special Fire-type move on every first turn it is sent in. In fact, as soon as it gets Flamethrower (TM is in Fuego Ironworks), teach it that as its Special Fire-type move because the Pyro's signature weapon is the Flamethrower. Now, every class in Team Fortress 2 has a melee weapon, so it must have at least one Physical attack in its moveset at all times. One more thing that Pyros are known for is checking for and exterminating Spies. But, there are no Spies in Pokémon (except for that Looker guy, but he's not a wrongdoer), so the targets of this Pyro are candidates for the closest possible matches: Dark-types and Roserade. So, it must solo all Trainer-owned Dark-types and Roserade.

tl;dr
- Pyro the Chimchar
- After learning Ember, must use a Special Fire-type move as it is sent in, which will become Flamethrower when you can get it
- Must have at least one Physical attack at all times
- Must solo all Trainer-owned Dark-types and Roserade

GL;HF

Aries Flame, I'm going to go with Mygavolt's theme of Valve games. Your next pokemon will be a Bronzor named GLaDOS. GLaDOS is a massive control freak, doing everything in her power to stop creativity and improve science. Therefore, all four of its moves must be replaced by TMs or HMs before it evolves. One of her many methods of control is by flooding rooms with deadly Neurotoxin, so GLaDOS must learn Toxic when you find the TM on Route 212, and keep it for the rest of the game. Also, keep in mind that GLaDOS is known to be Still Alive. It hates to faint, and will try to avoid it at all costs. To summarize:
-Learn 4 TMs/HMs before it evolves
-Learn Toxic as soon as possible
-Avoid fainting.

Also, I'm interested in doing a Scramble myself. Platinum, normal difficulty, the more complex and creative the better.

Also, I'm interested in doing a Scramble myself. Platinum, normal difficulty, the more complex and creative the better.
I'll reserve something.
EDIT: Take Sandstorm the Hippopotas. Sandstorm is proud of his Sand Stream ability, and wants to show it off by constantly changing the weather. Sandstorm must lead your party whenever there is weather on a route that is not sandstorm. Also, if someone else changes the weather tobe something other than sandstorm, Sanstorm must switch in and make it sandstorm. Additionally, Sandstorm must solo Candice, because he hates her hail.
GL.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Valve games? Okay...

@ Aries Flame: You get Half Life the Buizel.

This is basically a normal Buizel, except it comes with one caveat: It cannot use Damaging Moves in battle while its HP is above 50%, because it can only perform once it has hit half life, lol. Other than that, go nuts.

Have fun. I might do one for Deoxymoron if I get the time/become bothered enough, but I do not have that many ideas atm... :|

Thanks CJorex. Also, it would be appreciated if one of my mons was a starter, because I love all three starters in D/P/P. (Well, I'm not crazy about Torterra's 4x weakness to ice.)

Sandstorm the Hippopotas

Thanks to those who gave me Scramble restrictions a while ago. I'd like a few more; I have Zigzagoon, Magnemite and Numel so far, so anything without those types (easy restrictions please!) would be appreciated. Specifically, one with a starter to begin with. The game's Emerald, with no trading.

(snip) I'm interested in doing a Scramble myself. Platinum, normal difficulty, the more complex and creative the better.

I give you Eruston the Piplup. You know what Eruston is backwards? Yes, Notsure. As in, it is not sure of its purpose in life. At first, it seeks a generic goal, which, in this case, is to be the very best (like no one ever was). Thus, it feels a surge of confidence that compels it to lead every Trainer battle until Roark is defeated. At that moment, it notices that it is a penguin—not the best candidate in the animal kingdom to become the best. Instead of pursuing absolute strength, it decides to embrace its avian heritage and solo every Bug Catcher, Aroma Lady, and Battle Girl until the Eterna Gym. There, it realizes that it is totally vulnerable to Grass-types and stands nary a chance against Gardenia, thusly deciding to completely opt out unless absolutely necessary.

Seeing its friend(s) handle the Eterna Gym has left Eruston in a state of deep contemplation. Stop by the Name Rater after you beat Gardenia and rename it Evisnep (which is Pensive backwards). In this state, it must use Bide immediately when it is sent out. This state will wear off when it evolves into Empoleon (do this before you battle Wake; I will explain in a moment).

The exact moment it evolves, stop what you're doing and fly back to the Name Rater. This is the final name change that this penguin will undergo; this time, to Erus (I don't need to tell you what this means). Now, it knows why it exists: to be a bulky Water with amazing typing. Knowing this, it wants to prove itself as a Water-type by soloing Wake (hence why I told you to evolve it before Wake). No strings attached besides.

tl;dr
- Eruston the Piplup
- Must lead every Trainer battle until after you defeat Roark
- Must then solo every Bug Catcher, Aroma Lady, and Battle Girl until the Eterna Gym
- Must not participate in the Eterna Gym unless absolutely necessary (i.e. Eruston is the last mon remaining)

- Rename it Evisnep after defeating Gardenia
- Must use Bide immediately when it is sent out until it evolves (which you must do before battling Wake)

- The exact moment it evolves, rename it Erus
- Must solo Wake
- No other restrictions

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF.

Also, the reason why I haven't come out with a new update yet is simply because I haven't worked on it at all. The main reason for this is because I want to get a certain Guitar Hero-related accomplishment out of the way first, that being getting 6* on Chemical Warfare on video (but fortunately, I am REALLY close).

Thanks to those who gave me Scramble restrictions a while ago. I'd like a few more; I have Zigzagoon, Magnemite and Numel so far, so anything without those types (easy restrictions please!) would be appreciated. Specifically, one with a starter to begin with. The game's Emerald, with no trading.
I've got a starter one here. Take Ebony the Female Treecko. Ebony wants to prove that she is the best fighter in the forest, so the only damaging moves she can use are those that make contact. However, straight-out damage is not her only strategy. She also likes to flirt with her male opponents to gain an advantage. To do this, she must learn Attract as soon as you get the TM and the use it at the start of every battle against a male trained Pokemon. To evolve into Grovyle, she must solo Brawly. There are no restrictions for evolving into Sceptile. GL!
Allowed moves: Attract (compulsary), Pound, Quick attack, Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Leaf Blade, Slam, False Swipe, Focus Punch, Dragon Claw, Frustration, Iron Tail, Dig, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Facade, Secret power, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash.

Aries Flame, take Zoey the Female Buneary. She may never forget Foresight and must use it first against all Ghost Pokemon. Since she has been battling the Gastly in Eterna Forest for so long, its second nature to her, so she must always solo every Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar encountered. Once you reach Fantina's Gym she decides to solo all trainers and Fantina, she must then evolve as soon as possible.
When she evolves into Lopunny, she wants to lead the group through dangerous places, so she must be the lead Pokemon through all caves and cannot switch out. She must also lead the battle against the Cynthia and take out her Spiritomb* and Garchomp.

*I know Spiritomb is also Dark type which contradicts Pyro's rules, but it needs to be the one exception since her Spiritomb is the stongest Ghost Pokemon in Sinnoh.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

@Aries Flame:
Get Zero the Drifloon. (Named after Valve's Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, what else)
Zero must learn Explosion before evolution (While it learns the move rather late, the TM can be attained before the 4th Gym).
After evolution, whenever Zero falls below 50% health, he must use Explosion as it's next move.
However, if he soloes one of the last 3 Gym Leaders, he comes to the conclusion that blowing up the scene so early is a waste, and the health remaining is decreased to 25% instead.

Shouldn't be too bad, since Drifblim has a fair chunk of Health.

@Deoxymoron:
Get Leo the Rotom. (Named after the main villain of a semi-obscure N64 game Mischief Makers. Rotom's Dex entry does note that it "makes mischief")
As soon as possible, Leo must get and keep both Substitute and Uproar. (Leo has a tendency to be behind a giant monolith, and attacks using bad words)
Shadow Ball (And Substitute, obv.) is the only move Leo may use when not behind a substitute (Round projectiles is the only thing he uses outside the Monolith)
If the foe uses a Sound-based move (List), Leo must switch out. (His weakness is his own bad words, shaken up to be made into good words)
He must solo Cyrus in the Galactic HQ. (Leo intends to take over the universe. Can't do that if someone destroys it.)

This is something I've wanted to do for a while, just took some time to figure how it'd work the best.

I think those two will have to do for now. (Magnemite88: I'm not sure if i gave one of the Pokemon, and I wasn't able to search it up)

As far as my own updates go... I might be able to crank one up tday or tomorrow.

Hey, I haven't posted in a while but could I get 4 more pokemon for my emerald scramble honestly if you just name some pokemon that would be enough don't worry about getting creative with the challenges.

I decided to go ahead and post the rest of my Pokemon Blue Scramble Challange. Excuse the clutter, because of no hide tags, but they can be foundhere, for anyone interested. I've also been playing the Super-Hard Ruby Scramble I asked for almost 2(!) years ago. I'm about to enter Victory Road, but I've got to do some grinding.

Now, I don't know if the people who gave me the challanges still come around here, but I'd like to give my thoughts on the Pokemon I used in the Blue Scramble.

MVP:

Angry Nerd the Fearow
-Always fast and strong, Angry Nerd always did what I needed him to do. I frequently lead battles with him, as he was just too good to not use. Easily my best Pokemon in this run.

2:

Doomed the Nidoqueen
-Despite not being able to use STAB moves, Doomed's amazing coverage allowed her to defeat almost any foe. Having used Nidoqueen many times in the past, I knew she'd be great overall

3:

Torture the Ninetales
-The entire concept behind this challange was amazing. While it was a pain at times, especially when Fire Spin or Toxic would miss, I loved making my foes helpless. I would definitely give this challange to someone else, I loved it.

4:

Arceustar the Squirtle
-Despite being unable to evolve, Squirtle still has decent stats, and being higher leveled than the opponents helped. It wasn't great, but it was far from terrible (which is what I honestly expected).

5:

Creeper the Hypno
-Great stats and typing, and even though I could only attack with Psychic, that was all I ever needed. The reason I have this guy so low, however, is because of freaking Hypnosis. It's cool to make the opponent unable to move, but 60% accuracy is too poor. Between missing Hypnosis and the opponent's waking up in one turn all the time, battles with Creeper took longer than they should've, and they were very frustrating.

LVP:

enviro the Victreebel
-Being almost unable to damage Poison-types was a real problem, and soloing Agatha with this guy was one of the most upsetting things I've ever had to do in Pokemon. Sure, I could put them down with Sleep Powder, but that didn't make damaging them any easier. If I could've kept Wrap, things might've been different, but for this, Victreebel definitely is my LVP.

So anyways, I should be done with my Ruby Scramble soon, and I'll post something like this when I finish it.

Currently I have:
Sandstorm the Hippopotas
Eruston the Piplup
Leo the Rotom

Now, onto other people.

Magnemite88: Your next Pokemon will be a Carvanha named Bully. This pokemon (which can be caught with a Super Rod on Route 118) absolutely loves picking on weaker Pokemon. Thus, it must fight any pokemon weak to either of its types (Fire, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Psychic). It can only evolve after fighting in 5 double battles and learning the true meaning of friendship. After that point, it can no longer bring itself to battle any pokemon weak to it. You can change its name as well if you want to.

AriesFlame: First of all, you have the coolest challenge ever. Second of all, I'd like to add on to Half-Life the Buizel. The Half-Life franchise is all about Gordon Freeman beating the shit out of aliens. Thus it must solo every Lunatone, Solrock, Staryu, Starmie and any pokemon who evolves with a Moon Stone.

nJoyUrAIDs: You get Neglected the Shuppet. A child threw away this puppet long ago, and since then it has been seeking revenge. Therefore, it must learn Spite at Level 25 and keep it. It must also solo every child trainer you come across (it can have a partner in double battles, but try to make sure Neglected does most of the work.) Finally, it must evolve before you face the Mossdeep Gym and solo everyone in it, including the gym leaders (Yes, I know it's a double battle, deposit all of your other pokemon in your PC. You have a type advantage, you'll be fine.) After that, its Spite will go away and you must replace the move with another one.

I need another Scramble to take my mind off of things. My Ruby Scramble is almost over anyways.

Yellow version - 6 Pokemon
Rules:
1: Include a nickname/backstory. It makes it more fun for me.
2: No repeating types, please. Check what I've already been given to ensure you don't overlap.
3: Medium difficulty.
4: Don't give me any of the Pokemon I just used in Blue version
-Squirtle
-Spearow
-Nidoran(F)
-Bellsprout
-Drowzee
-Vulpix

Thanks in advance!

Team thus far:

Zen the Pikachu
Tyranitarphantom, you start with Zen the Pikachu, the former leader of a Group of Pikachu. All of his tribe were caught and he is the last one left. He is all about balance and fairness because of his leadership, so he must always know 2 damaging moves and 2 non-damaging moves. The 2 damaging moves cannot be the same type due to it would be unfair to take sides. When in battle, he wants the team to have a chance to battle and must switch out after he KO's a Pokemon and can come back after the other Teammate has a KO. Lastly, he is under the effect of Torment so that he doesn't use 1 move too often showing favoritism.

Have fun!

Klutz the Venonat
Tyranitarphantom take a Venonat and name it Klutz. Klutz is just like the ability Klutz and can't use items. Well, any items, since there are no held items in gen I. He just stumble and spills or breaks the damn things every time he uses them! He dreams of becoming a... graceful? Venomoth though, and you can bring him this goal by having Koga teach him the way of the ninja. Have Klutz take out two of his Pokemon in order to evolve and then!!! Nothing changes. He's still a klutz. Oh well, not every story can have a happy ending right?

Rover the Growlithe
Rover the Growlithe. A guard dog for the Pokemon Mansion, he quickly grows fond of you. He feels the need to threaten everything he views as a threat to you, and thus, must always roar it first, before he can attack it. And he must always bite it at least once.

Wrath the Poliwag
@Tyranitarphantom -- Take The Wrath the poliwrath (well, he'll become that eventually). The Wrath is well... angry a lot. Thus he enjoys fighting and putting his opponents into submission! To evolve he must solo and KO 30 opponents AND learn Hydro Pump! Additionally, he is not afraid of types he is week against and must defeat any pokemon the champion has that has a type advantage over him.

I hope this is good. GL and HF

Hustle the Mankey
Take Hustle the Mankey. This Mankey was raised by a couple of Darumaka in the Unova region, but then was mystically traded back to Kanto and released into the wild. This Mankey has the ability Hustle since it was raised by Darumaka, but since abilities don't exist in Yellow, it doesn't gain the attack boost. It must only be taught moves that have less than 100% accuracy, including status moves and when it evolves, it must have no status moves at all, although it gains the ability to use special based moves with 100% accuracy.

Enslaved the Paras
Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about extra. Heheh. His challenge has been added to the list.

Also, @Tyranitarphantom — I don't know much about Pokémon Yellow, but I'll try to give you something. I present to you Enslaved the Paras. This Paras knows the Pokédex well enough to know that that its evolved form, Parasect, is actually enslaved by its mushroom. Knowing this, it wants to train its willpower so that it will not be enslaved as such when it evolves. The first step is to overcome its fear of trainers, so it must lead every encounter in Mt. Moon after being caught. The second step is to prevent it from falling under the influence of a certain one of its Grass-type comrades (Tangela), so it must solo Erika's Tangela (Optional: to evolve). The third and final step is to prevent itself from using anything that could put its mushroom in a dominant position (this only applies after Erika). Spore is one of these moves, but it can be used when Enslaved starts the turn with full health. The other moves, which can never be used, are Body Slam, Take Down, Double-edge, Bide, Skull Bash, and Rest.
tl;dr
- Enslaved the Paras
- Must lead every encounter in Mt. Moon after it is caught
- Must solo Erika's Tangela (you may or may not make this its evolution restriction)
- Can only use Spore if it starts the turn at full HP
- Cannot use Body Slam, Take Down, Double-edge, Bide, Skull Bash, or Rest

Last edited:
Neglected the Shuppet is accepted, thank you very much. I will post the team once I have the 3 remaining members of my team and I will set off on my journey to conquer the Pokemon League

Can someone please give me a challenge for Black 2? I'm leaving on a trip and I want to play some Pokémon. I'm going to play Blaze Black by the way, so there's more pokes to choose from.
At least four pokemon please, and give them nicknames so I get more attached to them. Oh, and make it difficult, not super difficult but at least quite challenging.
Thanks in advance!! :D

Smug the Snivy
Hey amnz, to start you get Smug, the Snivy. Smug thinks very highly of itself and doesn't like to lose. It must be immediately revived if it faints (using a revive, or by returning ASAP to a pokemon centre before revives can be bought). It also thinks of itself as very attractive and must learn Attract via TM as soon as you reach Castelia City. In addition, it must always keep this move and use it on every opposite-gender pokemon it faces, as soon as it enters battle. To prove it is the most beautiful pokemon, you must solo either Elesa (if male) or Clay (if female). After this battle, it may forget the move Attract. Once it has proven how attractive it is, it now wants to prove its strength. To do this, it must be given the TM Sunny Day as soon as it reaches Mistralton City (you have to buy it), and use Sunny Day as soon as it starts a battle with another pokemon. It must keep this for the rest of the game.

Let me know if this works for you :)

Last edited:
Tyranitarphantom, you start with Zen the Pikachu, the former leader of a Group of Pikachu. All of his tribe were caught and he is the last one left. He is all about balance and fairness because of his leadership, so he must always know 2 damaging moves and 2 non-damaging moves. The 2 damaging moves cannot be the same type due to it would be unfair to take sides. When in battle, he wants the team to have a chance to battle and must switch out after he KO's a Pokemon and can come back after the other Teammate has a KO. Lastly, he is under the effect of Torment so that he doesn't use 1 move too often showing favoritism.

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)