Media One Piece (spoilers!)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I hope he gets some assistants to help lessen the workload at least. I know he loves what he does and all, but having a few assistants to draw a few panels of background or something isn't going to lessen the quality. The last thing we need is for One Piece to become the next Hiatus X Hiatus.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am sure Oda already has a massive assistant team. That is a pre-req to a big manga project.

Hiatus x Hiatus is just because he's rich and lazy. But I'm ok with it because it pretty much suck once that whole bullshit ant thing started.

I am sure Oda already has a massive assistant team. That is a pre-req to a big manga project.

Hiatus x Hiatus is just because he's rich and lazy. But I'm ok with it because it pretty much suck once that whole bullshit ant thing started.
Eh I disagree, the quality of the chimera ant arc overall may have been subpar, but within this arc is some of the best manga ever created (IMO obviously). It is just such a good arc starting from the palace invasion. If HxH had gone at a standard pace like OP, I have not a doubt, that it would be better than OP (IMO).

Anyways the main point is we need to research immortality for Oda's sake (OP's sake).

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wtf no-- best manga created? No fucking way. HxH has shitty art, shitty story, shitty character development-- with so much hiatus and bad writing during ant art, I honestly lost all interest in the series. I really don't give a fuck about it anymore. You couldn't PAY me to come back to HxH

Yu Yu Hakusho never came anywhere NEAR OP's level of sheer epic and awesome. HxH was never there either. Plus, as mentioned, the art is fucking awful (for all his series). I could draw better w/o even trying. Shit, I even prefer Toriko art (which sucks)

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Chou, not fair to compare "character development" between a Manga that has had 700 chapters vs a manga that's only on the 200s, especially shounen. Same with story. Compare it when OP was in the 200s. HxH was miles better than OP when it was on the 200s. OP only really took off at Water 7, IMO. I agree YYH is no where close to OP, but I think you're being a little bit biased cause of the ant arc and the hiatuses. The ant arc was really trashy and lazy, but the arcs before that were really amazing and well thought out.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay HxH was never even close to "some of the greatest manga ever created", and I'm an HxH fan. There are many series out there that make HxH look like a joke within 200 or so chapters: Fist of the North Star, Rurouni Kenshin (need I even mention things like Death Note/FMA?), hell even Naruto was vastly superior in the 200s(although to be fair that was Naruto at it's strongest). Also, the fact that Oda has managed to keep the epicness going for 700 freaking chapter should be something to be commended, not used against him. His character designs/personalities, plots, and settings are still unique, and still draws more readers than any other series, that's ridiculous. Having a ton of chapters doesn't give an advantage for character development and such, if anything it makes it more difficult, since people get tired of the repetitiveness very soon *cough*Bleach*cough*. Hajime no Ippo has what, 2184971 chapters now? And it's still a shit series that everyone on Earth got tired of about 500 chapters ago, I certainly don't plan on picking that garbage back up anytime soon.

wtf no-- best manga created? No fucking way. HxH has shitty art, shitty story, shitty character development-- with so much hiatus and bad writing during ant art, I honestly lost all interest in the series. I really don't give a fuck about it anymore. You couldn't PAY me to come back to HxH

Yu Yu Hakusho never came anywhere NEAR OP's level of sheer epic and awesome. HxH was never there either. Plus, as mentioned, the art is fucking awful (for all his series). I could draw better w/o even trying. Shit, I even prefer Toriko art (which sucks)
Okay lets not get carried away.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
HxH is shit and Oda will finish One Piece, moving on from that does anyone else think that Luffy is going to wreck Don Chinjao besides me???

I think if Don's going to puts it all into his fight with Luffy (and considering his grudge with Garp, it's definitely going to happen) then Luffy is definitely going to have to blow his cover to everyone in the stadium to beat him. So far all he's used in the stadium was Jet Pistol and an armament punch against Don, so it's not like the crowd can put two and two together yet.

Haha, guys calm down, i'm not claiming HxH is better than OP, I just said I liked it more. It's just stuff like the most epic dodgeball game of all time, The zoldick family, the fairly (not perfect, just better than most manga) in-depth explanation of the mysterious power in the world of that manga, and other such things that lead me love the series so much. The art is fairly shitty in a lot of parts, but in other's it is vivid and intense. Oh and obviously I exaggerated on the part of the Ant arc being my favorite of all time. However I really do like the 6-7 chapters that are dedicated to about 1 second of time during the palace invasion. Anyways this is just one man's opinion (once again not saying HxH>OP objectively). Back to the topic.

Luffy and Don destroy the stadium?

Hi, let's talk about One Piece instead of insulting pieces of work that many people put their livelihood into creating. I for one absolutely adore Yu Yu Hakusho (it's my favorite series of all time), am currently watching the Hunter x Hunter 2011 anime, and have read Hajime no Ippo twice (over 1000 chapters each read). When we make a point about one piece (get it), we don't need to call other works trash to do so.

Last edited:

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i hope we get flashbacks as to how this old man turned so dam salty

it would be nice to see young garp in action

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
pls fast forward to the parts where we have villains that can actually remotely threaten our heroes, and also pls have more sad backstories. I miss dem.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think the fandom has been begging for an OP prequel period.
Pretty sure there's going to be lots of flashbacks, or enough pieces for us to piece them all together in nice detail cause I'm sure Oda's going to make it matter

pls fast forward to the parts where we have villains that can actually remotely threaten our heroes, and also pls have more sad backstories. I miss dem.
I dunno how you managed to read all of these recent chapters and somehow miss doflamingo lol

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
These are the spoilers for the chapter that will be released tomorrow taken from Arlong Park's Redon. Look away now if you do not wish to be spoiled.

- Luffy Vs Don Chinjao. Don Chinjao knows Rayleigh and cries for his treasure.
- Sanji and Kinemon are watching Luffy's battle on the street. There are a lot of Marine, even Vice Admiral Bastille.
- 10 years ago, when Doflamingo became King of Dressrosa, he brought a fruit user to transform people into toys.
- Dolfa gave two rules:
* No. 1 - Every human must go home and toys must go to Toy House at 00:00 am.
* No. 2 - Human can't go to the Toy House and toys can't go to the human's house.
- People lost memory of those who had been turned into toys.
- Leo says they want to rescue the princess and 500 friends. They must go to the factory that is under the Corrida Colosseum.

Take this w/ a grain of salt.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
interesting that the Don has CoC haki.. and even more interesting that luffy and Don's CoC haki produces a noticable crackling sound as they clash. I guess this is similar to how Shanks caused damage to WB's ship just with his haki. Perhaps in the future we might see CoC being used to cause physical damage in fights ontop of its intimidation factor?

Ugh tempting me with spoilers....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)