Cookie Clicker

I've been playing Cookie Clicker on my Ubuntu installation (fuck Windows) and while I found it pretty interesting for the first week or so I'm really beginning to get disillusioned by the repetitive nature of the game. Sitting there waiting for my 250 million cookies per second generation rate to bear enough fruit for me to purchase another few Time Machines (I kind of want the 100 Time Machine achievement) is beginning to get very tedious, and I'm finding the Grandmapocalypse a little bit boring; when your only side effects are to spawn different coloured cookies which may or may not screw you over for X amount of time, change the background to something mildly disturbing and continuously provide me with ridiculously expensive upgrades, you come across as a bit of a disappointment. I'm not even going to bother shooting for 200 cursors, as certain people further into the game have informed me that they get absurdly expensive (1.9 trillion cookies for your 181st cursor) and they do fuck all when you're that far into the game. At least Time Machines are worth the (admittedly much higher) investments...

On the plus side, I don't need to save nine trillion cookies for the Kitten Engineers upgrade; I logged into Cookie Clicker after the Grandma update and something odd must have happened because I noticed that I had the Kitten Engineers in my purchased upgrades list. Without that helpful little glitch, I'd not be as decently far through the the game as I am at the moment!
Do you have all the achievements (except for Time Machines/Cursors) and upgrades? At that point I bought up everything I could before continuing to buy Time Machines. Milk scales really hard compared to most of the buildings, and you can ultimately get about +95% in income modifiers from the different cookie varieties.

the 200th cursor is >17 trillion; I've got ~11 more tril to go at 470m cps. I hope I can come across a cookie chain or two >.>

Elder pact is going to be the last upgrade I buy. Apparently (according to a friend who's almost a week ahead of me) the other one that's been hiding from me that counts towards the max upgrades is unlocked at 200 cursors, so I'm ready for that.

Also, make sure to unlock the Cookie-Dunker achievement by resizing your window and dipping the cookie in milk(to unlock more milk!!).

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sitting cozy at 738,615,628.2 CpS.

Just gotta get 200 clickers and my last 40 time machines.

ugh.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
If anyone is trying to get 27 Golden Cookie clicks, I recommend leaving the Elder Covenant off. You have a higher chance of getting a Cookie Chain, which guarantees at least 4 Golden Cookie clicks right after, if not more. I actually managed to get the entire chain of 13, finish up the achievement, and therefore unlock the second Golden Cookie upgrade. The negative effects of Red Cookies are not even that bad, at most you will lose 10 minutes of cookies.

My current 'strategy' now is to always have an amount of cookies where 10% is higher than 30 minutes worth of cookies. With that, I can frequently get 30 minutes worth of cookies instantly with Golden Cookie clicks and the Elder Covenant on. Also, I calculated with the Wiki information that I need about 1 quadrillion cookies to get my last 19 (of 100) time machines and last 16 (of 200) cursors. I think I'll save up for the new 99 trillion upgrades first though.

519,418,836.9 cps

just wondering, is raspberry milk a thing in real life? I've never heard anyone drinking anything like it.
I read orteil's tumblr looking for spoilers/teasers on the updates and he is actually dead serious about dunking cookies in raspberry juice. There are plans to make it so you can choose a flavour of milk though.

Speaking of which, did this update nerf anything? I'm at 86 time machines, my time machines are at 20 trillion, and I'm earning a few a day. I REALLY need to keep going, because orteil said he's going to rebalance buildings and add a few buildings in between, which will make time machines better but more expensive, and I need that achievement. =/

(edit: Oh god, Pidge's post makes me wnat to cry, lol. Only baked 200 trillion cookies all time.)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Who on here will be aiming for the Shadow achievements? I only expect the die-hard clickers to even try for them (Especially the True Neverclick. That's crazy.)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I got Neverclick somehow. By a glitch or something as I certainly didn't actually get it.

Otherwise, nada.

(Specifically, you need to do nothing at all but click golden cookies until you have enough cookies to get your first cursor, then wait for your next, and so on.)

I refreshed due to accidentally closing the tab, jesus. o-o I don't know whether to keep frantically trying to get time machines before the new building update, since it's at least cheaper than 99 trillion cookie upgrades, or go for the actual substantial CpS boost. My 87th time machine is 20 trillion ~___________________________~;; It's already taking ages, so I should probably just go for those...

eta: did the math, not waiting days for the upgrades >.>

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
In the new update, True Neverclick has been removed. Also, Uncanny Clicker has been moved from Shadow to Regular achievement.

3 new upgrades have also been introduced: Snickerdoodles, Stroopwafels, and Macaroons; all of which costing 100 trillion (minus 1) cookies, and increasing your cookie income by 15% each! They require you to hit 1 trillion (minus 1) cookies to unlock. In addition, Quintillion Fingers increases your mouse and cursor cookie amounts by 100 instead of 50, making the upgrade twice as efficient! Also, another golden cookie upgrade (Get Lucky) has been added, costing 77.777... trillion cookies, which doubles the length of golden cookie effects. Lastly, another new upgrade (Sacrificial Rolling Pins) has been introduced, allowing your Elder Pledges to last twice as long. It costs 28.888... trillion cookies, and is only available after pledging 10 times to the elders.

You can find some more misc. details on the cookie clicker application, under Updates.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm really not understanding all this elder nonsense. My CpS remains the same no matter if they're appeased or mad; what's the point of even buying the Elder Covenant?

I'm really not understanding all this elder nonsense. My CpS remains the same no matter if they're appeased or mad; what's the point of even buying the Elder Covenant?
It's so that you can still get golden cookies because when they are angered you get red cookies instead.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ugh fuck I was going to make a thread on this ages ago but forgot.

anyways, I just got my 100th time machine (again, I did it before, but reset my bloody game in hopes of getting Neverclick two days before they made it a damn shadow achievement). I'm currently getting my grandma count higher for the sheer comic value of having loads of grandmas.

"moist cookies"

looking forward to future updates!

ugh fuck I was going to make a thread on this ages ago but forgot.

anyways, I just got my 100th time machine (again, I did it before, but reset my bloody game in hopes of getting Neverclick two days before they made it a damn shadow achievement). I'm currently getting my grandma count higher for the sheer comic value of having loads of grandmas.

"moist cookies"

looking forward to future updates!
sheer comic value
You have done the whole One Mind series of upgrades, right? Because that's when you realise that having loads of grannies is a bad thing. I mean, loads of cookies, but those faces. Staring.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have 82/83 achievements but cannot figure out what the one after Elder Calm is.

I figured that if I'm going for all Shadow Achievements I might as well get True Never Click which was only successful (afaik) by getting the Cheated Cookies Taste Awful achievement.

so I'm 5/5 Shadow and cannot figure out the last real achievement for the life of me. Oh well.

edit:

oh wait I'm missing Uncanny Clicker. Hmmm.... one second.

I have 82/83 achievements but cannot figure out what the one after Elder Calm is.

I figured that if I'm going for all Shadow Achievements I might as well get True Never Click which was only successful (afaik) by getting the Cheated Cookies Taste Awful achievement.

so I'm 5/5 Shadow and cannot figure out the last real achievement for the life of me. Oh well.

edit:

oh wait I'm missing Uncanny Clicker. Hmmm.... one second.
You can get true never click buy just clicking golden cookies in the beginning

I'm sad because Orteil said he's half-done with the dungeon codes and projects, what with art assets, the patch will be released in <a week

I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE THE TIME MACHINE ACHIEVEMENT IN A WEEK. =| Up to 31 trillion for my 90th time machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)