Battle Mechanics Research

Binding Band causes Partial Trapping moves to deal 1/6th of the Victim's HP each turn.

Two new hold items, Snowball and Luminous Moss, behave like Absorb Bulb and Cell Battery. The former boosts Attack when hit by an Ice attack, the latter Sp.Def when hit by a Water attack.

I only play OU on Showdown and the last pokemon game I played was Diamond so forgive me if this is already well known,

but Toxic works on Dig users

(I was underground and enemy used Toxic and I got badly poisioned)
Toxic now always hits when used by a Poison-type Pokemon, including when a Pokemon uses Dig or Fly.

Would the following scenario allow for two Megamon in a party?

I activate M-Lucario. Opponent activates M-Charizard. I switch in a Ditto with Imposter.

Do I now have a M-Lucario, with a M-Charizard on the field?
Imposter Ditto copies the Pokemon on the enemy side of the field, Megamon or no. So yes, provided the opposing side of the field has a Megamon active, Ditto will transform into the mega-evolved version of that Pokemon.

I fought a Boldore in the Battle Maison, tried to use Earthquake against it, but it ended up having an Air Balloon. Either I missed the indicator or it has been removed. Can someone confirm this?

The Florges family's Flower Veil ability sadly does not prevent self inflicted stat drops. @V4 and I tested this online in a double battle. I had a level 1 Bulbasaur with Leaf Storm (courtesy of The Agonist) and a Flower Veil Floette. When I used Leaf Storm, my Special Attack dropped as usual.

If you'd like to check that battle video yourself, the battle video number is G7WG-WWWW-WWWX-CQ4N

More on the Florges family's abilities. Symbiosis immediately passes along the Symbiosis users item to the partner after their item is consumed. I tested this again with V4Victini. I had a Normal Gem Bulbasaur and a Chesto Berry Symbiosis Floette on my side of the field. Bulbasaur used Tackle and consumed his Normal Gem. Before the attack even happened, Floette passed along its Chesto Berry to Bulbasaur.

If you'd like to look at it yourself, you can find the battle video at G7WG-WWWW-WWWX-CQ4N

More on the Florges family's abilities. Symbiosis immediately passes along the Symbiosis users item to the partner after their item is consumed. I tested this again with V4Victini. I had a Normal Gem Bulbasaur and a Chesto Berry Symbiosis Floette on my side of the field. Bulbasaur used Tackle and consumed his Normal Gem. Before the attack even happened, Floette passed along its Chesto Berry to Bulbasaur.

If you'd like to look at it yourself, you can find the battle video at G7WG-WWWW-WWWX-CQ4N
i'm gonna assume for triples when florges is in the middle spot of a triple battle which ever ally uses up/loses a item first will gain florges item.

or can it give a item regardless of spot in a triples match?

Confirming that, like Magic Room, Wonder Room no longer has negative priority. I'm guessing it has +0 priority, but I haven't yet tested it with a faster Pokémon.

Some questions I had in the back of my head (don't judge me, the bus took forever):

Does Snatch works on the first or second turn of Geomancy?

If I Skill Swap Oblivious into a Taunted mon, does it removes the Taunt effect?

Do Justified now provides an immunity to Dark-type moves?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Situation:
Triple battle
Flying-type - Florges - Flying-type
vs.
x - Discharge user - x

If both Flying-types are holding a Wacan Berry and the opponent uses Discharge, which Pokemon will Symbiosis pass its item to?

A random question that is ultimately pretty insignificant, but if (High) Jump Kick is used against Spiky Shield or King's Shield, does the shield's damaging/Attack-lowering effect happen first or does the recoil damage happen first?

Anyone up for figuring out how nevermeltice works now or if flash fire persists through mega

Heat effects is bizzare wording to just say fire attacks

We now know that females can pass down egg moves and that egg moves can be remembered through the move reminder. This begs the question, can a single Pokémon have 8 egg moves?

Aegislash info
  • Changes form before it's own move.
  • Aegislash always comes out in Shield Forme. When switched out in Blade Forme, it will come in as Shield Forme.
  • Damaging moves will change Aegislash to Blade Forme. Tested with Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw/Cut/Aerial Ace.
  • King's Shield will change Aegislash to Shield Forme.
  • Non-damaging moves (besides King's Shield) will not change Forme. Test with Confide, Power Trick, Iron Defense, Autotomize, Swords Dance, and Protect do not change Formes. It will remain in whatever is was on. Tested on both Shield and Blade Formes.
  • Aegislash will change into Blade Forme when using a move even if the move fails due to hitting itself in confusion.
  • Stats for my Level 45 Aegislash (NOT BASE STATS). Shield Forme stats: 126/72/144/62/143/68. Blade Forme stats: 126/171/54/152/53/68. Base Stats still undergoing calculation.
Does the forme change happen upon move selection, or move execution? If it's on selection, it changes, it gets outsped, it's KOed. If it's on execution, it takes the hit, changes, and deals out unholy retribution.

Whimsicott in battle chateau just one banged Tryrantrum w/ dazzling gleam.

Possible fairy or restatting?

nvm confirmed fairy already

I figured that this thread would be best place to ask for this. Can anybody with Ability Capsule and Friend Safari confirm any of the following Pokémon in the first list have gained Secondary Abilities or can anybody with Friend Safari confirm if any of the ones in the second list gained Hidden Abilities?

Secondary Abilities(Note: Pokémon with Mega Evolutions have been confirmed to not have any primary Ability changes by the official sources, as no new ability has been listed for them. In addition, the Kalos Pokémon, Eeveelutions and Starters are more or less confirmed to keep their ability count. Underlined ones are not in the Kalos Dex.)
Red Colored Pokémon can't be found in Friend Safari.
* Pokémon can't be found in X/Y at all.

Very High Likelihood
Froslass
Weavile
Gallade

High Likelihood
Vibrava-Flygon

Medium Likelihood
Sandshrew-Sandslash
Vulpix-Ninetales
Exeggcute-Exeggutor
Phanpy-Donphan
Cacnea-Cacturne

Vanillite-Vanillish-Vanilluxe
Cubchoo-Beartic

Low Likelihood
Elekid-Elektabuzz-Electivire
Magby-Magmar-Magmortar

Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite
Wynaut-Wobbuffet
Pineco-Forretress
Bagon-Shelgon-Salamence
Beldum-Metang-Metagross

Very Low Likelihood
Caterpie-Butterfree
Weedle-Beedrill
Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu
Zubat-Golbat-Crobat
Oddish-Gloom-Vileplume-Bellossom
Bellsprout-Weepinbell-Victreebel
Wurmple-Beautifly-Dustox
Taillow-Swellow
Wingull-Pelipper
Surskit-Masquerain
Nincada-Ninjask
Whismur-Loudred-Exploud
Carvanha-Sharpedo
Swablu-Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Feebas-Milotic*20.10.13, Confirmed to be Competitive. Feebas is unknown
Clamperl-Huntail-Gorebyss
Kricketot-Kricketune*
Burmy-Wormadam-Mothim
Combee-Vespiquen
Spiritomb
Hippopotas-Hippowdon
Emolga
Foongus-Amoonguss
Darumaka-Darmanitan*
Remaining Fossil Pokémon

Hidden Abilities

High Likelihood
Koffing-Weezing
Misdreavus-Mismagius
Unown(lol)*

Vibrava-Flygon
Lunatone
Solrock
Baltoy-Claydol*
Chingling-Chimecho
Rotom(Fan Rotom might not actually end up becoming a joke, after all)
Tynamo-Eelektrik-Eelektross*
Cryogonal
Zorua-Zoroark
Deino-Zweilous-Hydreigon

Medium Likelihood
Starly 20.10.13, Confirmed to be Reckless.
Cherubi-Cherrim*
Yamask-Cofagarigus*

Ferroseed-Ferrothorn 17.10.13, Confirmed to be Anticipation.
Low Likelihood
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Slakoth-Vigoroth-Slaking*
Legendaries(Mew, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza,
Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Regigigas, Giratina Altered Forme, Cresselia, Phione,
Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion,
Tornadus Therian Forme, Thundurus Therian Forme, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo,
Meloetta, Genesect)*
Castform*

Isn't important to be bothered
Cocoons with Shed Skin(Cascoon, Silcoon, Pupitar etc.)

Edit: Checked the research threads. I thought Serebii had Duskull for Frisk as a placeholder. I was wrong. So I am going with Mario With Lasers and will put the Levitate guys to high likelihood instead.

Edit 2: Will keep the updates here:
-Serebii confirmed that Ferrothorn's Hidden Ability is Anticipation.
Edit 3: Nevermind, El_Sargento confirmed it before.
Edit 4: Serebii confirmed that Starly now gets Reckless like the rest of the line. Moved Gastly-line back to low likelihood because of the Mega Evolution.
Edit 5: Molk confirms that Milotic gets the Ability Competitive, but it is unknown if this is the new Hidden Ability or the Secondary Ability, but logically it should be the latter. Until something contrary to that happens, I will list it as the Secondary Ability.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I just got the nevermeltice, what should I be looking for
Check damage of Fire-type moves to pokémon holding the item, or at least if they can still be burned.

I figured that this thread would be best place to ask for this. Can anybody with Ability Capsule and Friend Safari confirm any of the following Pokémon in the first list have gained Secondary Abilities or can anybody with Friend Safari confirm if any of the ones in the second list gained Hidden Abilities?

Secondary Abilities(Note: Pokémon with Mega Evolutions have been confirmed to not have any primary Ability changes by the official sources, as no new ability has been listed for them. In addition, the Kalos Pokémon, Eeveelutions and Starters are more or less confirmed to keep their ability count. Underlined ones are not in the Kalos Dex.)
Very High Likelihood
Froslass
Weavile
Gallade

High Likelihood
Vibrava-Flygon

Medium Likelihood
Sandshrew-Sandslash
Vulpix-Ninetales
Exeggcute-Exeggutor
Phanpy-Donphan
Cacnea-Cacturne

Vanillite-Vanillish-Vanilluxe
Cubchoo-Beartic

Low Likelihood
Elekid-Elektabuzz-Electivire
Magby-Magmar-Magmortar

Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite
Wynaut-Wobbuffet
Pineco-Forretress
Bagon-Shelgon-Salamence
Beldum-Metang-Metagross

Very Low Likelihood
Caterpie-Butterfree
Weedle-Beedrill
Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu
Zubat-Golbat-Crobat
Oddish-Gloom-Vileplume-Bellossom
Bellsprout-Weepinbell-Victreebel
Wurmple-Beautifly-Dustox
Taillow-Swellow
Wingull-Pelipper
Surskit-Masquerain
Nincada-Ninjask
Whismur-Loudred-Exploud
Carvanha-Sharpedo
Swablu-Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Feebas-Milotic
Clamperl-Huntail-Gorebyss
Kricketot-Kricketune
Burmy-Wormadam-Mothim
Combee-Vespiquen
Spiritomb
Hippopotas-Hippowdon
Emolga
Foongus-Amoonguss
Remaining Fossil Pokémon

Hidden Abilities

High Likelihood
Zorua-Zoroark
Deino-Zweilous-Hydreigon
Vibrava-Flygon
Medium Likelihood
Starly
Cherubi-Cherrim
Yamask-Cofagarigus

Ferroseed-Ferrothorn
Low Likelihood
Slakoth-Vigoroth-Slaking
Legendaries

Anything with Levitate that isn't stated above
Castform

Isn't important to be bothered
Cocoons with Shed Skin(Cascoon, Silcoon, Pupitar etc.)
Sorry, but what exactly do you mean? Do you want people with the Capsule to check if those pokémon have secondary normal (or Hidden) Abilities? But why only those pokémon?

Sorry, but what exactly do you mean? Do you want people with the Capsule to check if those pokémon have secondary normal (or Hidden) Abilities? But why only those pokémon?
Because they are the remaining Pokémon with Secondary Abilities, and both Igglybuff-line and Gothita-line gained secondary Abilities a la Gen IV's Ability retcons. So there might be more Pokémon with Secondary Abilities that didn't previously have them. In addition, gimmick stuff like Plusle, Minun and Kecleon along with Dusknoir gained Hidden Abilities even though they didn't previously have them, so there might more Pokémon that didn't have Hidden Abilities but gained them due to generational shift

There are obviously better ways of checking out for some of them(the Gen IV evolutions just need to be checked by evolving Pokémon with different initial Abilities, like evolving a Kirlia with Trace and another with Synchronize) and the others might be encountered through Battle Chateau and whatnot, but I figured it would be better to have list to check them, so we could see what are likely to change.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
in addition, gimmick stuff like Plusle, Minun and Kecleon along with Dusknoir gained Hidden Abilities
Oh what the hell, I went to check Serebii and Duskull also got one even though it only had Levitate before.

Yeah, I second your post then. It's possible every pokémon has a Hidden Ability now, and I'd start checking the Levitate ones.

With the change in how much damage critical hits do, has the ability Sniper changed to do less, or is it still a 3x for critical?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)