XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

Dang. You took Kyurem too meaning only Gourgeist-Super left for non-BH. Not sure I want to tackle that seeing I've never used the thing.

BH means Badge Holder right. Dang, I wanted to do Gliscor too.

Tyrantrum is getting it's final touches, will upload today, sorry for the delay.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Because Alakazam is now completely written up, I'm gonna reserve Heracross. I've been looking forward to using this man for a long ass time.

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gyarados is ready for QC. Still unsure on Band but it's the only set I'm skeptical on. EV spread for bulky works out in the end but can go slower too.

May I ask why is there no analysis for Aromatisse?

Aromatisse 101/72/72/99/89/29
Clefable 95/70/73/95/90/60

It has very similar stat spread as Clefable, but I think it has different niche to it.
It is almost always guaranteed to do its job being untauntable due to Aroma Veil.
The movepool is not great, but Moonblast, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Psyshock, Flash Cannon is not that bad of a movepool.
Not to mention access to Wish + Aromatherapy, which is still plenty useful.
Furthermore, lower speed is actually good for Aromatisse, making it takes lower damage from Gyro Ball and a good Trick Room team member (low speed + Aroma Veil).
It also has good synergy with Reuniclus, resisting Dark and Bug, as well as fixing Trick Room Reuniclus's weakness to Taunt user like Sableye.
Though admittedly both of them need another support against common checks and counters Genesect, Scizor, Aegislash, and Jirachi.
The first two should be able to be taken care with HP Fire if player can find a free turn to use Trick Room.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
May I ask why is there no analysis for Aromatisse?
Cos Clefable 100% outclasses it.

Clefable has a better movepool which is super important for a supporting pokemon. It can run offensive sets with LO + 3 Attacks, it can run Offensive Calm Mind sets, it can run Defensive Calm Mind sets, it can run fucking Cosmic Power or support sets and so on. Between Magic Guard and Unaware it has two outstanding abilities to choose from, and has an easier time finding an opening on a good team.

On the other hand all Aromatisse has is an immunity to Taunt, which is ok but in general your not staying in against foes that can taunt you anyway (if you are Clefable), so you don't even have THAT much of a niche anyway (heck, some Clefable variants can just 2KO Deoxys-S without a boost if it dares to try its luck with a Taunt) so basically im still seeing next to no reason why I would use it over Clefable which just flat out outclasses it in almost every possible way.

Togekiss, Chandelure, and Smeargle are back on the reservation list. I also dropped (BH) tags on a few Pokemon.

Don't disappoint me...

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Gengar is surprisingly available, I'll take a shot at it. Gengar has quite a few options and a lot of the mare garbage, and a lot are very good. I'll be in irc taking suggestions a lot.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)