The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wasn't goung to say anything because this game was going to be filed in my huge blowout.gif folder and it probably isn't worth of my time but what the heck. Last time they played it went as I predicted(bronco blowout, made close by brady and eventual bronco loss thanks to a crapload of fumbles). But this game will be a snooze fest only made interesting late in the game by brady. He'll probably put them within 7 to make the score and f game appear closer than it was. Easy broncos win 29-26.

Agreed, Blount has always been a good rusher but the attitude and anger stuff costs him; remember this is the guy that was getting suspended and punching people back in college, and hasn't cooled that much since entering the nfl.

Maybe my memory is foggy, but I always he was very slow when he was in Tampa. I watched him several times that season, and he was always a strong runner, just seemed slower than he has when I've seen him on the Patriots.

He has a 4.6 40 time, supposedly... certainly seemed much faster than that on a few of his breakaway runs recently!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that gif makes me laugh a lot. I had actually forgotten the guy who did that was Blount.

I think the Broncos will win this, only because they have a much better team outside of Manning, which is something that was usually not the case in other meetings.

So I'm watching the Brady 6 and all I'm thinking is where the hell is the Romo 13? Romo is statistically superior to brady in every way PLUS he went UNDRAFTED. He was the biggest steal of any draft and anyone who says otherwise needs to look at romos career. The dude is playing a little better than peyton to start a career, makes brady look like a joke, makes brees look like a backup and is comparable to Rodgers.

So I'm watching the Brady 6 and all I'm thinking is where the hell is the Romo 13? Romo is statistically superior to brady in every way PLUS he went UNDRAFTED. He was the biggest steal of any draft and anyone who says otherwise needs to look at romos career. The dude is playing a little better than peyton to start a career, makes brady look like a joke, makes brees look like a backup and is comparable to Rodgers.
Tony Romo TD/Int Ratio: 208/101 (2.059)
Tom Brady TD/Int Ratio: 359/134 (2.679)

Tony Romo Yards/Game: 217.4
Tom Brady Yards/Game: 254.7

I mean I don't even know what you're talking about. I can't find a single stat where Romo is better in any noteworthy way besides being like .1 or .2 better on some yard/attempt averages. Do you just make stuff up to support the people you personally like the most without watching games or thinking?

at similar points in their career, they were pretty similar.

from 2006-2013, Romo has played 114 games, averaged 259 yards/game (don't know where you got your stat), and has 1.82 TDs to 0.89 Ints/game.

from 2001-2007, Brady played in 111 games, averaged 238 yards/game and had 1.77 Tds to 0.77 Ints/game.

the only difference is that mister Brady had a few more postseason wins in that span (and Romo was 2 years older in 2006 than Brady was in 2001)

from 2006-2013, Romo has played 114 games, averaged 259 yards/game (don't know where you got your stat), and has 1.82 TDs to 0.89 Ints/game.

from 2001-2007, Brady played in 111 games, averaged 238 yards/game and had 1.77 Tds to 0.77 Ints/game.

the only difference is that mister Brady had a few more postseason wins in that span (and Romo was 2 years older in 2006 than Brady was in 2001)

Byrne you counted a lot of games he never played in there (26). Killah you counted 4 games he never played in (in the 2006 season, he played in 12, one was for 2 passes but I am not going to split hairs). So properly he is at like 268 a game.

I do not understand why this mistake is on Romo and not other players, for instance Rodgers only has 7 games (the ones he actually had attempts in) tacked on from before he started. Romo's first game with a pass in a game and not practice was the 5th game of 2006 from what I see.

Byrne you counted a lot of games he never played in there (26). Killah you counted 4 games he never played in (in the 2006 season, he played in 12, one was for 2 passes but I am not going to split hairs). So properly he is at like 268 a game.

I do not understand why this mistake is on Romo and not other players, for instance Rodgers only has 7 games (the ones he actually had attempts in) tacked on from before he started. Romo's first game with a pass in a game and not practice was the 5th game of 2006 from what I see.
Now that you mention it you're right. For some reason that average is taking into account the 0.0 Y/G that it lists for 2004 and 2005. That's bizarre.

Thanks killah, i was ready to defend romo but you did it for me. Romo has had one of the best starts of any qb ever. Can he maintain that kind of success into his late 30s? I don't know. But he has been statistically fantastic which is why i've compared him favorably to Peyton. He is a poor mans peyton at this point but like Rivers is one of the few raw passers better than brady and can easily put up better stats in the end. I just don't understand why brady is seen as this all time great when there are quite a few qbs who both started their careers with better stats(rodgers, ryan, romo, rivers) and are at this point in time already better. These same guys probably won't keep it going to have a better overall career but right now Brady is hardly a top 5 qb. Or at least arguably since you can have him or brees but not both.

Except Brady played before the Illegal Contact penalty was enforced and when the league wasnt as pass happy, so that might explain why their stats are "similar".

Yawn. Boring ass game. Easy win. Snooze fest... just like I predicted. Although I thought Brady would do more. Was not expecting Manning to play that well. Thought Brady was going to get more opportunities.

Also Peyton Manning is the greatest ever. 5477 yards, 55 TDs, 2 SB MVPs, 5x NFL MVP, will lead all players in TDs next year in like 6 less seasons than Favre.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I hope people watching this farce of a football game understand who the real 12th Man is, it's the guy wearing the black and white suit throwing laundry on the field. The refs are dressed like convicts because they're robbing San Francisco every chance they get.

Hilarious game. If this was in San Francisco or even on a neutral field SF would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)