Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (6th Gen ASB Version)

I've looked and looked, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. Maybe it's just me, though.

How many Pokemon are we allowed to start out with?

Also, is there any thread in which we have to buy items and have said transaction approved, or can we just edit our stats and take the appropriate amount of Currency Counters? I'm guessing the former since I haven't seen anything detailing this, but I want to make sure.

I've looked and looked, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. Maybe it's just me, though.

Also, is there any thread in which we have to buy items and have said transaction approved, or can we just edit our stats and take the appropriate amount of Currency Counters? I'm guessing the former since I haven't seen anything detailing this, but I want to make sure.
You start with 6 currency counters, which are used to purchase your starting pokemon. The cost of each pokemon is listed in the NDA.

The Prize Claim thread is where you purchase items and have it approved by ASB's approvers.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All transactions like the one you've indicated are done in the Prize claiming thread, located in the network centre.

Everyone starts with 6 CC, and you can start with as many pokemon as you can afford from that total; 3 pokemon 9 times out of 10.

You start with 6 CC with which you can use to purchase your Pokemon, using the costs listed in the NDA tables.

As for your second question, that is what the prize claiming thread is for.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
How does Snow Cloak affect accuracy? Is it -20% or *0.8?

Ex. Would Stone Miss have an accuracy of 60 (first method) or 64 (second method)?

How does Snow Cloak affect accuracy? Is it -20% or *0.8?

Ex. Would Stone Miss have an accuracy of 60 (first method) or 64 (second method)?
The accuracy boosts are multiplied by the accuracy of the move (i.e. Stone Edge has an accuracy of .8, or 80%, multiply it by the .8 from Snow Cloak, and you get .64, or 64%. If the pokemon also had +1 Accuracy, it would then be .64*(4/3)~.85, or 85%.).

The accuracy bonus for +Spe natures only applies after all multipliers. For example, if a +Spe Shuckle used that Stone Edge on a pokemon with Snow Cloak while at +1 Accuracy, the Shuckle would have 90% accuracy (.85+.05=.9).

Sorry about the double post, but I have another question:

What is the standard time zone used for dates and times here in ASB? Or is it just the time zone of the person posting it?

I was wondering that because, in the current census, it is said to be up-to-date as of July 17th, but, where I live, it isn't July 17th yet.

1. It shouldn't deal damage when used that way.
2. Whoever posted, probably. That or GMT, which is standard for most purposes.

Can Protect be used in a combo?

Also is there a thread with popular / most used combos? If not can someone please list a few popular / effective combos that they have seen. (Just to get an understanding of the ways folks have used combos).

p.s: I did read the Combo's section of the Player's Handbook, but I learn better with examples.

Thanks.

Protect can be used in a combo, as it's Combo type is Passive. Of course, you'd need to find another move to combo with it. Maybe Protect + Reflect or Light Screen to give three Pokemon the effect of both at Priority? Depends on ref interpretation.

As for examples of comboes, they're really context dependent so it's hard to give a list of popular/effective comboes. Usually comboes fall into three categories:
-A way to get a lot of damage in one attack (see: every Attacking move + Attacking move combo ever, more specifically Sky Attack + Brave Bird, Overheat + Overheat, etc)
-A way to get a non-attacking move to work through a Taunt (see: Shadow Ball + Will-O-Wisp, Rock Throw + Stealth Rock, etc)
-A way to get an attack/effect at priority (see: Extreme Speed + Giga Impact, the above Protect + Light Screen/Reflect)
There are a lot of uses for comboes depending on the situation, but an important note; unless you're in a situation where you NEED to use a combo to achieve your goal (for example, need to get a Burn through a Taunt, need to KO a Pokemon in one action), a combo usually isn't the ideal choice. In particular, in a damage race, 9 times out of 10 you'll do more damage using three standalone attacks than using one standalone attack and a combo. However at the same time, you could go attack - attack - combo and KO in one round, which you wouldn't necessarily be able to do with attack - attack - attack. Some food for thought! One last thing, if you ever want to know if a combo will work how you expect it to, the easiest way is to just ask on IRC; people are almost always around and willing to weigh in on whether the combo makes sense or not. Let me know if you want to know anything else!

Alright. I'm curious, because even though it isn't an issue now, it might come up in the future.

handbook said:
The following effects occur before the first action of the round is even touched:
  1. Healing Wish and Lunar Dance restore HP.
  2. Entry hazards like Stealth Rock take effect in the order they were set up.
  3. Trigger abilities that automatically activate when the Pokemon enters play activate.
  4. Toggle abilities toggle. If Zen Mode is toggled to the default effect while Darmanitan has less than 50% of its HP left, Darmanitan reverts to its normal form.
That leaves the question: When in this sequence does Mega Evolution occur? This is important mainly because of certain mega evos with conditional resistance/immunity/weakness to entry hazards (e.g. does a Gyarados MEvo'd on switching into Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes take SE Stealth Rock damage without proccing Spikes/Toxic Spikes or take normal Stealth Rock damage, Spikes damage, and Toxic Spikes poison?)

EDIT: Also, how much non-combo flavor am I allowed to use as a TLR ref? (mostly wondering because Rock Climb is a "flavor abuse move", and most of the boss Regirock's good moves are already on it by default.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)